test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Fun Stuff: Fashion, Mounts, and Companion suggestions

abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
Thought it might be nice to have a consolidated thread for the fun cosmetic stuff that players can post in when they get ideas and that the devs can look in for inspiration. So I'm making one. :D

Please color-code suggestions like they are in the official feedback threads to make it easier to see what's being talked about.
Fashion can be in magenta, mounts can be in cyan, and companions can be in green.

Fashion
These two threads are full of awesome suggestions for fashion.
The first one suggests a profession that makes fashion items. Maybe, considering that Alchemy allows crafting of generic class dye packs, a fashion profession could allow crafting of clothes similar to generic NPC garb. Some NPC garb is pretty spiffy, even the simple stuff. Not everyone can rock fairy finery, after all.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483891-Idea-Craftable-Fashion-Objects

This thread has some specific ideas for styles and meshes for new fashion outfits:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?525591-Why-can-t-Adventurers-look-stylish

Mounts
I'd love to see a Water Buffalo mount. A Zebra mount would be snazzy too. Maybe they could be mounts obtainable from seal vendors, even, or the Tarmalune merchant.

Companions
We need a Mimic companion. :D
This thread also has some great ideas for companions:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?517011-What-Type-Of-Companions-Would-You-Like-To-See

Hopefully this thread will see a little use. Discuss!
Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
Post edited by abell39 on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mimic companion would rock , we were suggesting it in last nights adventure hour when CM sominator kept opening Mimic chests lol
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    How about a haberdashery where you can customize your outfit/armor/weapons etc? There could be base models available from day one, and maybe the ability to use items you find in-game to unlock additional models/colors etc. Then, you pay one base price (a haberdashery token in the Zen store?) and you can go in and completely edit your look to your own personal liking.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the ability to re-skin a mount?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?528251-Mount-Skins

Shouldn't a Zen Store companion be unlocked across all accounts just like a mount? You could raise the cost a little, and or offer it in a single character/account options priced accordingly.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everybody's got a water buffalo.
    Yours is fast, but mine is slow.
    Oh, where do we get them, I don't know,
    But everybody's got a water buffalooooooooooooooo!

...ehm. Now that such is out of my system.

I'd also like to put out there Weapon dyeing capabilities returned, more colors added for single dyes (white & yellow primarily) And perhaps some of the more metallic ones that come in packs, being sold in separate 4 packs. (I don't have a magenta option)
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would love to see each armor crafting profession getting recipes to make a fashion version. Fashion chain mail, fashion plate, etc. Then we could have a chain mail wearing wizard just like in tabletop D&D! Even a single fashion set from each armor type would go a long way towards increasing visual options.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    (I don't have a magenta option)

The forum code has a lot of hidden color options; you just type and it'll do it. Quote this post and you'll see some examples. One warning: you kinda just have to guess what color names the forum might recognize. If you give it a name that it doesn't recognize, it will either do nothing or give your text some random color that doesn't match what you asked it for.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Fashion chain mail

Chainmail bikini oh yes please! xD
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Mimic companion would rock , we were suggesting it in last nights adventure hour when CM sominator kept opening Mimic chests lol

Oh, we have been suggesting it in adventure hour chat for far longer than that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Oh, we have been suggesting it in adventure hour chat for far longer than that.

I know :) I have missed only one adventure hour since they first started .
  • Options
    mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just want to find a piratey outfit or even something semi colonial lol. But really just pirate me out mate. Yargg
  • Options
    boogeyman66boogeyman66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    An option to Color ur Companion