test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Queue: a suggestion

reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
After a lot of fruitless hours spent trying to get into a fresh instance of MC, i've came to think that there's a real issues in the queue system.
Since i need to farm Dark Fey Seal for the Iliyanbruen armor set, what i need is to start from the beginning of the dungeon but every time i try to join an instance the queue system puts me in an already open one, in which two or three players dced leaving the instance open before slaying the last boss.
Since this is really bothering me my suggestion is to add a sort of "start from the beginning of the dungeon" options in the queue system, so that the people who need to do the whole dungeons can find the instances they need.
What do you thing guys?
Post edited by reshaim on

Comments

• Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited January 2014
    There shouldn't be a queue system at all, except for the skirmish. It's horrible when I created a team for MC/VT/PK and I have to wait, sometimes even 5-10 minutes (because some stupid Cryptic bug occured) to get into an instance. Which is horribly annoying during DD!

The queue system is one of the greater failures in this game, I'd rather vote for a complete wipe of this sick system, than improve it. Since they simply can't improve it. What I do like about the queue system is that you can create a team and the teammembers can be anywhere in the game, and you still end up in the same dungeon. And when done, you all get back there, so you can just do any dailies while making a team and waiting in the queue and get back there when finished in the epic!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The queue systems simply doesn't work: most of the time it would form a party from really bad geared and unexperienced players and/or with bad composition.

The only way the queue would work, imo, is to allow the leader to specify criteria to add players to the party: minimum GS, party composition (like 2 CWs 1 TR, 1 DC and 1 GWF/GF, for instance), etc. This way the leader could be sure the party would had a decent chance to complete the DD.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    What you want can already be done in the LFG channel. Get the group you want, then queue up and go do the dungeon. Remember the queue system isn't just for the professional crawlers, but for the weekenders as well that don't belong to a guild so that they can get into a dungeon and maybe get some of that "experience" that you are looking for. Remember you were inexperienced at one point as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    Cure for a situation like this is to give the players in the instance a choice to queue up for more and if no one is there to vote yes, then it doesn't put them in queue and this would happen whenever someone leaves or everyone in instance is DC'd
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2014
    My suggestion to you, dont use the que system its broken in a lot of ways. So if you do find a group through que system you still will have the lowest gs possible one most of the time and most of the dungeons with the lowest gs requaired are unbeatble. Try better lfg channel.. Or better yet the legit community one!