test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best 4 Active companion bonuses for TR?

wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hello

What do u think would be 4 companions with best active slot stats for a TR (the 5th one would be augment)? I thought pure stats can be obtained through equipment so I aimed for some unique stuff - however if u think that additional stat like power/crit severity Im open for suggestions. Lets say that all offensive stats, except power, are at their caps (24% armor pen, 1800 recovery + swashbuckling, 50+% crit) and defensive dont bother me so much as long as Im not instaburst in normal circumstances. So far my planned setup looks like that:
Aranea - 3% chance to deal 50% weapon damage. If every small hit during 3rd attack of DF has a chance to proc that - it seems to be a nice dps boost in time.
Lightfoot thief - since TR is really bad if it comes to aoe attacks the aoe bleed feels really nice
Pseudodragon - Same thing with aranea - if every small hit of DF has a chance to proc that it seems to regen your stamina bar noticably faster
As for the 4th Im a bit confused - Sprite with 2% Action points gain, Dancing blade with 5% crit severity, Book imp with 2% recharge speed, Blink dog with 5% Combat Advantage Damage all seem very tempting and Im not sure what to take.

Anyway what would you take as a TR?
Post edited by wentris on

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are a limited number of good active companion bonuses for us TR's. The first 3 in your post are some of the main choices for most, if not all TR builds for PVE. There's also Vicious Dire Wolf if you're willing to buy the Guardian Pack for $60. But if not, I think you'll like the Fire Archon too, 5% extra damage against the opponent if its HP is below 30%. Would be useful for boss fights.
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2014
    My current load out is:
    Dancing Blade yields a 5% increase to crit severity at max level
    Sprite yields a 2% AP gain increase (for faster lurker's procs)
    Blink Dog will net a 5% increase to combat advantage damage
    Ioun Stone of Allure 10% chance to slow target (meh, but there are obvious other reasons for this one!)
    Storm Rider with +165 Power and Recovery (again, some may pass on this but I like the companion and it gives me more wiggle room with my enchantments).
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    At the moment im using
    Lightfoot thief on crit bleed
    Cat
    Dancing blade 3% crit severity
    wild hunt rider 2% chance to increase damage by 10%
    Aranea 3% proc lightning damage

and the **** lightfood thief makes a high crit fast attack build a beast
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From a theorycrafting perspective, these seem optimal on a TR,

Dancing Blade - crit severity due to massive critical chance of the class and entire paragons dedicated to increasing your crit severity. At 50% crit rate, that is a flat 2.5% damage increase at maximum rank. Good luck finding a better Active Companion Bonus.

Blink Dog - Combat Advantage damage. TR's almost always have CA in real fights either from positioning or stealth or feats from group members as well as often benefiting from CA bonuses themselves.