test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newly 60 HR - pvp questions

trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
I've been pvp'ing on my GWF (12.5k GS ).. and while its fun. Switching to a ranged class for a bit is a nice change of pace. I just recently hit 60 on my HR. My GS is around 8100. Got a few epics I picked up along the way. Now as for moves in pvp.. I've been using :

At Wills - Aim shot / Split strike

Daily - Disrupting shot / Forest Ghost

Encounters - Hindering strike / Binding shot / Marauders escape

Tactics - Lone wolf / Aspect of the Falcon

Enchants = Soul Forge on my Brutal chest and Plaguefire on Epic Bow.

^ So far this has been working quite well. I enjoy using Hindering strike, due to it having 3 charges and hitting harder then commanding shot or constricting strike. But I keep wondering if I should drop either binding strike for constricting or dropping hindering for constricting? This is where I'm looking for advice. The one reason I wouldn't really want to drop Binding is for the melee buff. I spec'ed a bit into Nature so I get 20% more healing along with 10% run speed for my party and I. ( I always try to keep it up while team mates are around )

Anyways, any constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you much!

-Regards
Szlice
Dr.Real Good : Sun Elf-Annointed Champion :
Trith : Fury Soulbinder :
Post edited by trith1128 on

Comments

• augustthirteenthaugustthirteenth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find Constricting more annoying than Binding, the delay holds are more effective for me most of the time. Most of the times I melee'd Marauders/Fox Shift combo, then switch again then Marauders Escape to get back at range once more. Tho I'm quite new to HR too. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No rest for the wicked.
  • trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ill have to give it a shot. Either try dropping hindering, or binding. Thanks for the input.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    In PvP with HR, you are missing your biggest damage move that is Fox Shift. Always pick this and always be prepaded to change stances a lot, because no matter how good you are at kiting, you will always get to melee range and you need to be able to perform.

Most usual setup for HR in PvP are:
    Split Shot/Aimed Shot (Aimed Strike is just amazing DoT)
    Hindering/Fox/Marauder's

if you are good enough on melee, you can swap marauder's for Boar Charge.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited January 2014

Most usual setup for HR in PvP are:
    Split Shot/Aimed Shot (Aimed Strike is just amazing DoT)
    Hindering/Fox/Marauder's

if you are good enough on melee, you can swap marauder's for Boar Charge.

Yeah, I love going into Forest stealth and running around Aimed Striking everyone then watching the crit Dots ticking for over 1k a tic :)
    edited January 2014
    I was using constricting last night, instead of Binding ( in pvp ) ...and I like it .. A LOT. :)

Thanks for the feedback. Got a few more pieces of gear too. Rocking 10.2k GS on my HR now.
  • vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't say really, i have no intentions of ever doing PvP xD
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If forest meditation actually worked properly I'd replace Forest Ghost with it. The deflect + crowd control immunity can have some significant benefits to it.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Forest meditation is for when you have the boons that are based off deflection. If you heal a bunch and hurt them a bunch, every time they hit you, it quickly stops incoming hits. In theory. :)

Otherwise, yeah, I agree. Fox shift is perfect, ranged or melee. be prepared to deal with rushers, have a plan for them. Anything you can do to throw them off is a very useful thing.