test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event crafting, can we get a few extra days with it?

sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm getting a rather massively large pile of light pods. and without a large mass refine task. It is taking me ages to refine it all. In fact, its a loosing battle I'm getting new pods faster then I'm refining old ones. The 2 minute timer is just obsurd, its hard to both play and craft without constantly resetting ones tasks.

I was hoping to refine a bunch of wine. But at the rate I'm going, I'm probably going to end up with a pile of pods and no way to refine then once the event ends.

Would it be to much to ask to allow the event crafting to be available for a few days after the event? Or perhaps a mass refine task that takes a few hours to complete.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm getting a rather massively large pile of light pods. and without a large mass refine task. It is taking me ages to refine it all. In fact, its a loosing battle I'm getting new pods faster then I'm refining old ones. The 2 minute timer is just obsurd, its hard to both play and craft without constantly resetting ones tasks.

I was hoping to refine a bunch of wine. But at the rate I'm going, I'm probably going to end up with a pile of pods and no way to refine then once the event ends.

Would it be to much to ask to allow the event crafting to be available for a few days after the event? Or perhaps a mass refine task that takes a few hours to complete.

I could be wrong, but I believe they are going to add some new tasks to the profession midway through its run...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice if they did. But i've not seen it indicated anywhere. and they didn't expand crafting on the last event.

This is the one area of the event that has left me mildly disappointed. No dye, no craftable clothes, not much to make at all. The only worthwhile things to make currently are the light wine, and the fireworks. Was kinda hoping for a winter version of the heroes feast at the very least.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice if they did. But i've not seen it indicated anywhere. and they didn't expand crafting on the last event.

Look on the Calendar at the Zenith and you will see this , additional rewards for professions so I guess that means for the festival profession , although it seems weird to leave it so late into the festival to add new stuff , hopefully it's new costume and dyes .
    zenith_zps749f65fe.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Wow, I totally missed that. Thanks.

And ya, here's hoping :D
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I doubt the update is going to bring longer tasks, or it's going to be 2-6h for 2-3 times the 2 minutes rewards - as usual. Yet another useless task except something you start from the gateway before bedtime. I have over 1k pods, and seeing i'm forced to stop what i'm doing every 2 mins to get my lures done is driving me crazy. Do our devs know that making players mad at the game isn't the best strategy to make them log in every day? :)

It's like a skeleton every 30-45s when i'm fishing, sometimes, i understand the necessity of an anti bot system, but i don't see why it's so annoying.
  • solokittensolokitten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I doubt the update is going to bring longer tasks, or it's going to be 2-6h for 2-3 times the 2 minutes rewards - as usual. Yet another useless task except something you start from the gateway before bedtime. I have over 1k pods, and seeing i'm forced to stop what i'm doing every 2 mins to get my lures done is driving me crazy. Do our devs know that making players mad at the game isn't the best strategy to make them log in every day? :)

It's like a skeleton every 30-45s when i'm fishing, sometimes, i understand the necessity of an anti bot system, but i don't see why it's so annoying.

Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post. Lightcrafting drove me crazy until I started macro-ing and it became a little more bearable. Still too much leftovers. I was there for about a week and got about 3k pods left, and refined probably between 2 and 3k. I'm so done with it... And being restricted to only 1 crafter to boot is just insane. Almost seems they didn't really think it all through and just slapped something together.

Oh well, I got my items at least. Although I'm disappointed about the so called "glittering" weapon appearance changers. It doesn't glitter at all, and I will never pay AD to use it on another weapon. I do really love the sled though. And the fawn is so cute and nice once you get her a good ammy and or leveled her. I also got the horse, which is okay but should have been a little faster than regular horse.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2014

+! so everyone can get sled and mimic (28 days) [later]
    edited January 2014
    Im not talking about extending the event. Just the crafting part of it. I still have like 1500 light pods to refine and that number continues to grow as I continue to grind lights. Even if I stopped grinding today. I'm looking at hours and hours of work just to do something with them.

So i'm forced to watch them all become worthless in a few days. Or I need to grind my tail off, every 2 minutes, to refine something useful out of them.

I didn't mind the light grind, but this seems like work on top of work.
  • konariraidenkonariraiden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You could always just sell the pods for at least a little extra coin...that's what I did. Sold all my pods, lights, lures, etc. once I got the prizes that I wanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!