test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Icosahedron Ioun Stone "Epic Companion"

chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Foundry
The Good News about this stone is = " it's an epic quality stone. Once earned it is available to all characters on the account. " :)

The Bad News is = "In order to acquire this stone, you need the rewards for gaining the Achievement Moonstar Agent for heavy participation in the Foundry system, including completing 26 'Foundry Authoring' and 16 'Foundry Community' achievements, as well as having Dungeon Master Rank 9." :p

I think this is too much effort.. I just wondering if any of you actually Play/Review/Tip players foundry 25 times already. oh maybe this is not the problem. the biggest problem is the foundry Authoring achievement.

* Publish 5 quests which receives above a 3-star rating with more than 25 reviews
* Receive 100 separate tip transactions of the maximum allowed amount (500 AD)
* Publish 3 quests which have all received a 4-star average and each have more than 25 reviews
* Get a total of 2,500 stars across all of your quests
* Get a total of 25,000 stars across all of your quests
* Own a quest which becomes 'Featured'

Seriously...
Post edited by chuamishael on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't really see the issue.

It is an impressive reward (Purple Stone for every character on the account) for an impressive set of Foundry achievements.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's like working for Cryptic to create foundries and they pay you a stone. LOL.

I have another proposal cryptic. why don't you pay me $1,000 dollar, and I make you a bunch of featured foundries, then you can have the stone. I even give you those AD tips. I won't need them.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's less than 5 people who have ever achieved that rank, and the way Foundry worms its unlikely anyone else ever will.

/foundry author whose gamr name does not match the forum name.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a nice reward for people who put a lot into the game.

You should consider yourself lucky if this is the first thing you want in life that takes more effort than you're willing to put forth. Lack of the stone does not make you less capable, nor will possession of it make you better. If you want a purple augmentation companion you could just as easily grab a cat, level it to 25 and then spend the 750k AD to upgrade. That route is far more likely to be doable within half a year, heck if you hit the refine cap every day you'll get enough to do that in ~2 1/2 month with a single character. And that's still less than what those few people who have earned the Ico stone have put into the game in terms of time.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    yeah, many people try to achieve that Rank but give up half way. it's NOT a joke getting a Dungeon Master Rank 9, it's actually a Job to get that far.

That stone is not worth the time. I play this game so long, and there are so many fun companions to play from without pushing too much time and effort. unless you people like doing foundries. me and my guild create 1 foundry that actually takes up 3 weeks to 4 weeks
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Epic reward requires epic effort. I'm not seeing a problem with this.

Honestly, if someone has done that much work, one pet (two if you want to count the imp) is a bit low, IMO. Even at min. wage (US), it would take them a couple hours of work to have the money to get a blue stone, and a couple more to upgrade it. Now figure out how long you'd have to work to get all those achievements - I suspect it's considerably more than 4 hours / character.

Add in the enjoyment that a good quest brings to thousands of players (seriously - how many have played Bill's Tavern and gotten a good laugh out of it?), and the reward that a good quest designer gets for extending NW's gameplay *should* be something impressive.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    It's not an epic reward. The active bonus is a joke. It's really just the same color as epic items. I would prefer either of the other ioun stones or a cat by far.

But since there's no incentive to run foundry quests I guess it makes sense that the "epic" reward for making them would be just about as rewarding as running them.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's for people who put time and effort into it, not for someone that just wants to half-*** it so they can get an account-wide companion. Some people put a lot of time and effort into creating foundries and I'm pretty sure they are not doing it for the Stone. It's Cryptic's way of saying "thanks, we appreciate it". You don't feel like it's worth the effort, don't do it. You feel like it's worth it, you work for it. It not an entitlement to have that companion, it's something you earn. Seems simple to me.
    You talk like a spoiled brat, seriously...
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't forget the purple companion (the Imp) and the purple mount (the bear) that you pick up along the way as well.

The bottom line is that the Foundry is a lot of fun for some people. It may not be everyone's cup o' tea, especially if you see the MMO as primarily a task of escalating your gear to the next best thing. But if you enjoy playing creative adventures, or creating playful adventures (heh...), the the Foundry is great.

And for the very few who can earn that purple stone to hover 'round their head, more power to 'em. (For me, I'm just one achievement away from getting the new mount for my toons, and I'm pretty excited about it. Not because I need a purple mount, but because it feels like a good reward for the work. Meanwhile, my Imp is flying by my side often enough, and my Cleric wears his latest Foundry Author cloak with pride.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Basically I think instead of a reward for average joe to work for, it's meant to be something to show recognition to the few that have worked hard to earn that rank.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    It's not an epic reward. The active bonus is a joke. It's really just the same color as epic items. I would prefer either of the other ioun stones or a cat by far.

But since there's no incentive to run foundry quests I guess it makes sense that the "epic" reward for making them would be just about as rewarding as running them.

Hrm. 10% bonus XP seems like it'd be a bit of a boon when you're level 4 and have just got to Protectors Enclave (about 91,000 xp to be more exact).

And the incentive I've always had to run foundry quests is to find new quests, with interesting stories.