test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mad dragon

dandin3dandin3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
i dont know how to say this..

i have play mad dragon epic like... 4times now... its nice not to hard. some point easy
but i have too big problem

1. have Those healer's demon girls[dont remmber the name]... u need 4 people faces on them to kill them ... Because they heal like 1/3 of their life in 2 sec.. and if u cent stun them for long time...u cent win... the problem become bigger when u have 2 or 3 of them together.. well it was ok if it was tr2.. but for t1 it's a bit over power

2. the king of the dungeon... the mad dragon... well hard like hell...i lost 3 time's to him when we have tank and DC in the party. there is now limited for the adds .. and they respond in a few sec ..
and when u get the sec wave u get 2 healers demon girl with all the adds...

well if it was tr2 i wasnt gonna say a word but for t1 it's totally insane

i would like to see what u think about that... maybe it's just me...[and all 16 ppl play with me]

[btw: sry on my english but hope u get what i wanna say]
Post edited by dandin3 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mad Dragon:

1. Tank dragon away from center of room and facing a wall. Right or left wall is best - not door or opposite door since that is where Magus spawn.
    2. Kill Magus (female warlocks who appear with imps) ALL THE TIME. Highest priority - much higher priority than anything else, including boss.

If you do the above, you will complete the fight every single time with any group. Slow but guaranteed.
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What Foldlez above said, essentially. It does seem like a rough stretch of epic dungeon road compared to its (supposedly) more difficult follow-up, Idris, but it's manageable with the technique described above until you and your team are comfortable enough with the phases to be more bold with the attack. I've found that one reasonably survivable teammate can solo the dragon on one side of the dungeon with little to no cleric attention, while the remainder focus on add control (and keeping your squishies healthy) on the opposite side.
    The dragon - all on his lonesome - is very sluggish and predictable, thus easily manageable. With good crowd control on one side and a somewhat tank-y GWF or damage-capable GF on the dragon, it's a fairly quick battle.

If it's any consolation, my guildmates and friends have had similar comments about Mad Dragon. It really is a toughie for a T1.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    Mad Dragon:

1. Tank dragon away from center of room and facing a wall. Right or left wall is best - not door or opposite door since that is where Magus spawn.
    2. Kill Magus (female warlocks who appear with imps) ALL THE TIME. Highest priority - much higher priority than anything else, including boss.

If you do the above, you will complete the fight every single time with any group. Slow but guaranteed.

1. For the final boss, tank needs to drag the dragon away to the left, facing the wall. Everyone focuses on adds, and only DPS dragon when all adds are dead.

2. When you get a group of mobs with a healing demon (Erynys), always target the healing demon LAST. They only heal when their health is low, and if you focus on them and fail to kill them before heal goes off, everything gets healed. So kill everything else first, then you'll have a much easier time with it.

3. fondlez is right, Magus is absolutely the highest priority in terms of what to kill first.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Of course you can do the thing the guys describe above - a tank that takes care of the dragon and burns potion after potion or a right skilled TR that basically don't take damage at all but it is also quite easy if you have a good DC and a team that stays around him

I played this with my DC and some low geared guys. After they died once I told them to stand where I stand, move when I move, try to stand in my Astral Shields and dodge red areas, watch the critters that come to us and kill the mages while in between hit the dragon of course. The tank and a TR was on the dragon but stayed close to my side and also inside shield (meaning me and other were close to the dragon as well) or coming back to the shield when needing heals. Here you really don't need to scatter and run around like chickens. Most mobs come to you anyway. It helps of course to have an AC healer here instead of DO. AC is much better suited for buffing up his party when they are close around him (if he has slotted the right abilities).
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tonyswu wrote: »
    2. When you get a group of mobs with a healing demon (Erynys), always target the healing demon LAST. They only heal when their health is low, and if you focus on them and fail to kill them before heal goes off, everything gets healed. So kill everything else first, then you'll have a much easier time with it.

The alternative to this comes into play when you have a very high DPS group (or enough stuns/interrupts/knockdowns/prones/etc) and you can get a guaranteed kill of the Erinyes every single time before she can get off a heal. Then go to town - just make sure you can you do it. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    Mad Dragon:

Not if the rest of your group dies at 10% when you're the GF.

The only time I did this with random people was when I was playing GWF and I was on boss while the GF and rest of the team was taking care of adds.
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There really is no reason to 'tank' this boss. Everything he does is avoidable, easily, by anyone.

The tank, if one is present, should be picking up all the adds, all the time. Those imps, while not particularly deadly on their own, can easily kill a CW or cleric if enough of them swarm us at once.
    The biggest thing is dodging the red circles while adds are mopped up.
  • dandin3dandin3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tnx all!! i will try to get the mad dragon and his mobs this way

but still i think it's too hard for t1... there some tr2 easy bosses than that thing
    I do not know .. but better loot or to lower the level a bit would be nice

tnx agian and tnx for that good game