test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Optimal TR PVE chain

momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
edited January 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hi

Curious if there is something wrong about my pve chain.

my stats are:
power - approx 3.4k
crit - approx 3.5k
ar pen - 2.9k
pvp build, GG set etc, GS 14k+

my damage in pve is not very satisfactory?
Curious because i've seen TRs with much lower stats do a lot more damage in pve.

my pve chains:

1. for mobs: stealth --> path of blades --> blitz--> smoke bomb --> duelist's flurry
2. for bosses: stealth --> wicked reminder -->lurker's + duelist's flurry

Are there more optimal chains?
Post edited by momothebored on

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi. We excel in single target damage so just leave the AoE to the AoE classes like CW and GWF is what I like to say. If you're going for maximized damage output, it is recommended to burst the big adds down via Duelist's Flurry. We may not be able to contribute to clearing the small adds, but the troublesome big adds should go down fast with you DF-ing your way through em.

Whenever I'm in a group, I slot encounters that would allow me to maximize the time I can spam Duelist's Flurry.

1. For mobs - Stealth - Duelist's Flurry - Smoke Bomb - Duelist's Flurry - ITC - Duelist's Flurry - Dazing Strike - Duelist's Flurry. Rinse and repeat as by this time Smoke Bomb should be out of CD.

2. For bosses - Stealth - Duelist's Flurry - Shadow Strike - Duelist's Flurry - Bait and Switch - Duelist's Flurry - ITC - Shadow Strike- Stealth - Lurker's Assault (you should have the AP by now) - Keep spamming DF until LA is over. Rinse and repeat.

We don't really have to do complicated rotations like the one you have slotted. For one, I see PoB and Blitz as skills that we can forgo in both PVE and PVP. We just have to stick to the overall purpose of our class which is to deal a consistent and competent amount of single target damage to the big mobs that take a while to take down. We get a lot of bonuses when in Stealth, which includes Combat Advantage, zero aggro, Brutal Backstab, 5% damage increase from Skulkers and the list goes on. But the most notable of all the advantages of fighting in Stealth would be the survivability we gain. This will ensure less chances of the party wiping due to a squishy dying out on them.
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, makes sense.

seem to be doing more damage.. looking guuuud.
    Hi. We excel in single target damage so just leave the AoE to the AoE classes like CW and GWF is what I like to say. If you're going for maximized damage output, it is recommended to burst the big adds down via Duelist's Flurry. We may not be able to contribute to clearing the small adds, but the troublesome big adds should go down fast with you DF-ing your way through em.

Whenever I'm in a group, I slot encounters that would allow me to maximize the time I can spam Duelist's Flurry.

1. For mobs - Stealth - Duelist's Flurry - Smoke Bomb - Duelist's Flurry - ITC - Duelist's Flurry - Dazing Strike - Duelist's Flurry. Rinse and repeat as by this time Smoke Bomb should be out of CD.

2. For bosses - Stealth - Duelist's Flurry - Shadow Strike - Duelist's Flurry - Bait and Switch - Duelist's Flurry - ITC - Shadow Strike- Stealth - Lurker's Assault (you should have the AP by now) - Keep spamming DF until LA is over. Rinse and repeat.

We don't really have to do complicated rotations like the one you have slotted. For one, I see PoB and Blitz as skills that we can forgo in both PVE and PVP. We just have to stick to the overall purpose of our class which is to deal a consistent and competent amount of single target damage to the big mobs that take a while to take down. We get a lot of bonuses when in Stealth, which includes Combat Advantage, zero aggro, Brutal Backstab, 5% damage increase from Skulkers and the list goes on. But the most notable of all the advantages of fighting in Stealth would be the survivability we gain. This will ensure less chances of the party wiping due to a squishy dying out on them.