test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog's Castle, Lagging to boss #1

verdonix1verdonix1 Member Posts: 658 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
This may have been stated before, but after trying to run it last night, I wanted to say it again.... is there ANY way to clear up the graphics lag in the first stage of that run?? I am not on a super PC, but my rig does FINE with the rest of the game for the most part, save for a few big pulls with AOE galore....

But the run up to the first boss in MC in that ugly pink/purple world is unplayable for me. I had to drop a party tonight.... MY WHOLE party was lagging, but I had it so bad I did not want to run the dungeon again that way, as we did it the night before with the same issues.

Now, the kicker is, you get inside the castle, and no issue. I know it is not all me, as everyone in my guild party was lagging and "female dogging" about it.....

PLEASE, turn down the draw in this area, or whatever you have to do, PLEASE make it better.

Thanks
verd1.jpg
Post edited by verdonix1 on

Comments

• subsidalsubsidal Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I also have the same problem. I have high fps on the rest of the game except Malabog's Castle where the outside portion becomes unplayable. The same also happens in the small daily instance "War Makers" in Sharandar and some small parts of Sharandar. The sudden decrease in fps only started to happen since module 2 was released.
  • skorphenskorphen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also getting this issue, but not my entire group, after talking to acouple of people i've been with overtime we discovered the only diffrence between those lagging and those who are noT was ATI and Nvidia cards, those with Nvidia weren't lagging where those with ATI were. This however may be purely coincidential

As you get towards the first boss the lag begins to massivly ease off, like OP posted, inside the castle it's purely gone, whereas back outside in the dragons area the lag returns. Turning off lighting to low and shadows off does ease the issue, none of the other things adjustable changes anything.

This has only really been happening since module 2, admittidly with all the glitches that need to get fixed with acouple more invisible walls or what not somethings been abit messed up along the line. Pre module 2 it was running perfectly fine with no issues.

Rest of the game runs perfectly fine, some sharandar areas can seem to get little jitters at times but the majority of it runs perfectly fine.

hoping this gets address and fixed ASAP :)
  • zutedcowzutedcow Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    I am experiencing the same issue rest of game works perfectly. Until I enter MC and game becomes a slideshow. I haven't done MC since Module 2 released. It was working properly before Module 2. I do to also have and ATI video card. I refreshed drivers, rolled back, and used beta driver all with same issue.
  • crazykvexcrazykvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same problem - ATI card
    (--> supporting Skorphen's hypothesis).

Maybe all ppl who suffer from this issue should reply here and mention whether they have an ATI or NVIDIA graphics card so we can help Cryptic find the rootcause
  • michellebrujahmichellebrujah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here. My card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. The very first part of MC is fine, the moment we get to the first boss it becomes unplayable. Absolutely unplayable, I have never experienced that kind of lag ever before, and I had to drop the party because it was unbearable.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I already reported it here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?545871-Insane-Hardware-Lags-At-MC-Outdoor-Area

Glad others have the same issue. The problems first occurred with a HD 5450, but I have changed my card due to a crash and will see if it still persists in the upcoming days.
  • skorphenskorphen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    glad to know that its effecting alot of ATI users. i managed to lessen my lag to almsot gone by defaulting my settingsi n the catalyst control centre for my graphics card, however this shoulden't have been nesscary as the place was originally playable pre-module 2. Still have to turn graphics low with lightings low and shadows off.

But at least i've now reached a playable state.
  • arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I have nvidia and have a terrible lag when running MC. I have to turn the graphics quality very low for it to be playable.
  • kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    This may have been stated before, but after trying to run it last night, I wanted to say it again.... is there ANY way to clear up the graphics lag in the first stage of that run?? I am not on a super PC, but my rig does FINE with the rest of the game for the most part, save for a few big pulls with AOE galore....

But the run up to the first boss in MC in that ugly pink/purple world is unplayable for me. I had to drop a party tonight.... MY WHOLE party was lagging, but I had it so bad I did not want to run the dungeon again that way, as we did it the night before with the same issues.

Now, the kicker is, you get inside the castle, and no issue. I know it is not all me, as everyone in my guild party was lagging and "female dogging" about it.....

PLEASE, turn down the draw in this area, or whatever you have to do, PLEASE make it better.

Thanks

My fix to the issue: Change renderer to DX9 (not dx9ex). Default seems to be "Auto" for me.

That being said, the issue is clearly with some setting in dx11 or dx9ex renderer.
  • shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited January 2014
    had the issues with an Nvidia card too, but after getting the current graphic driver the issues was resolved for me, but all guild members with ati cards still have framerate drops in those areas
  • prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't believe Cryptic is so bad that they can't even fix a dang lag bug in Malabog's Castle, I think we are owed an explaining why they have not fixed the graphics lag issues to first boss in Malabog's Castle after 8 Months!!!!!!!! Come on Cryptic fix the dang thing, I should not have to lower my graphics settings on a AMD Radeon 6570 with 2 GB to lowest settings just to run MC? We deserve a good explanation!!!!!!