test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Dungeon meaning/translation

yexus1676yexus1676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
OK, I can't figure out the title for this post, but I'm new to NVN and just reached lvl 60. I'm curious as to what all the different variations mean when people are looking for epic dungeons. For example, what does VT 1/2 or MC 2/3 mean? Do we have sticky post or anything like that?
Post edited by yexus1676 on

Comments

• Options
    poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The numbers are just how many bosses they are going to kill. In VT some people would rather farm the first boss for the seals rather than attempt the second one as the first boss is easier and they don't need/want anything other than those seals. Same with malabog, except they do the first 2 bosses instead of all 3.
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    #/# refers to bosses the party intends to kill. VT, Valindra's Tower, has 2 bosses, and 1/2 means first boss only. MC, Malabog's Castle, has 3 bosses thus 2/3 means killing the first 2 bosses. The only other dungeon where you're likely to see this nomenclature is CN, Castle Never, where people do 1/4, 2/4, and typically 4/4 clears, again meaning first boss, first and second boss, or all 4 bosses.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These are the Level 60 Dungeons and the Level 60 versions of earlier Dungeons meant for people in T1/T2 (That's Tier One and Tier Two category gear, respectively). VT stands for Valindra's Tower and MC stands for Malbogs Castle, PK is Pirate King. Hope this helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    another question, im 60 i dont have VT or MC, why?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You must unlock them via their related campaign systems - Feywild for MC and Shadowmantle for VT.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You need to unlock them with a key in the dread ring and sharandar.