test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House recommended prices

thegameshomethegameshome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi
I have a bunch of items like profession resources, Iron Lockboxes and refinement items but I have no clue which price they go for? I see many different prices and I don't know which price to pick to get a sale.
Post edited by thegameshome on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Recommended price = average price items have sold for in the past

What level you post items at depends on how fast you want to sell vs how much AD you want to make.
  • Options
    j4k06sj4k06s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When putting items up for sale in game, there will always be a suggested selling price. Depending on the value of the item, this probably is an OK starting point.
    But I do believe someone is trying to raise this price by setting a crazy buyout prices like 100.000.000 AD. I do not know if the system uses the buyout price to calculates recommended sale price or the price for which the items is sold (above is suggested that it is the sold item price).

For some more expensive items, check what sale price other people has set as buyout price. You might go a little lower if you want to sell quick or higher, if a single person has set a very low price.

Other than that, you will just have to wait and see what price the thing you put up for sale is sold for. But this is a time consuming task.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Recommended price = average price items have sold for in the past

Do you happen to remember where you came across that information? Because if so I should really start to pay more attention to the recommended prices...
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I always search for the item in question and then organize the items in order of low buyout to high.

When dealing with stackable items, the game does the math on a per unit basis, so 9 of something with a buyout of 100 will appear ahead of a stack of 5 of that item with a buyout of 60. Just something to remember.

If there are none of the particular item that I have on the AH, then I will just search for items of the same level and quality that go in that same gear slot.

And I always suggest a buyout. I think that most players would rather pay a reasonable cost and get the item now than wait for up to 5 days for the auction to end.

Now, when you are looking to buy, then I suggest looking at items first in terms of buyout to get an idea of what you can get the item for as low as, and then look at auctions in order of ending first to see which items you might be able to bid less than that buyout on and still get the item in a reasonable time.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Note that the recommended prices can be inflated if people post stuff to share ad for example if they wanted to share the loot on cn drops for example for potions.
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    j4k06s wrote: »
    But I do believe someone is trying to raise this price by setting a crazy buyout prices like 100.000.000 AD. I do not know if the system uses the buyout price to calculates recommended sale price or the price for which the items is sold (above is suggested that it is the sold item price).

No, actually the recommended price is the Average Last sale price. it has nothing to do with buyout.
  • Options
    tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also before pricing a item if it is a purple gear piece, check the salvage price. I can not tell you how often players are selling gear for less then what they can get for it by salvage, plus they are paying AH fees.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also before pricing a item if it is a purple gear piece, check the salvage price. I can not tell you how often players are selling gear for less then what they can get for it by salvage, plus they are paying AH fees.

I wondered about this too until I read a post by a player who said they were doing this because they always hit the daily refine limit and had a huge unrefined AD backlog so selling via the AH gave them refined AD.
  • Options
    wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    j4k06s wrote: »
    But I do believe someone is trying to raise this price by setting a crazy buyout prices like 100.000.000 AD.

The crazy prices aren't an attempt to manipulate the market........how do you think the Third Party Farmers buy/sell their AD?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You get items like portable altars that often end up with hilariously high suggested prices. I suppose that's due to people using them to trade AD or something. Frankly I wish there was an option to disable the price suggestions. I'm only interested in what the going rate is, not what it was. Also, with the lag currently, it takes awhile for the suggested price to show up. Put your own price in and hit submit before the suggestion overwrites it and you risk it changing the prices just as the item gets posted. That happened to me the other night, resulting in lost profits as I had to pull the lot and relist it. Even if I think the buyout suggestion is reasonable, I never want a bid price other than zero.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Take time to look at AH and work it out.

For higher value items I'm not bothered about squeezing out every AD possible - I want stuff sold. :D I almost never do 5 day auctions any more. I want to encourage bids so I do 1 day'ers mostly. The bid price is the least I'd accept for the item and the buyout is that + a premium.

In this scenario my prices are guided more by the existing offers and a look at the recommended price. If things are offered lower than I'd accept and much lower than recommended then I wait. If things are much higher than recommended I set it accordingly. But I repeat I want stuff sold. Most of my sales go on buyout though so maybe this helps create a sense of urgency in buyers.

I want value for my item but it has no value in my inventory.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, check the AD (and other) vendors for items before buying.

Sometimes you may not find the exact item, but it may be close enough and in other cases the very same item can be found more cheaply than what people post it for.

I was able, at one time, to walk to the AD vendor, buy a bunch of lesser marks of potency, and then sell them on the AH for a profit simply because people were in too big a hurry to read.

And, unless it's an emergency, see how much stuff usable at a slightly higher level costs, too.
    If you absolutely, positively think that you need a weapon then buy away, but if what you want costs $$$ at level X, but a similar item that requires level Y only costs $, then maybe it's worth stretching another level or two out of what you have.

And who knows? Maybe you'll even find a lucky drop between now and then.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    buffsmad wrote: »
    Take time to look at AH and work it out.

For higher value items I'm not bothered about squeezing out every AD possible - I want stuff sold. :D I almost never do 5 day auctions any more. I want to encourage bids so I do 1 day'ers mostly. The bid price is the least I'd accept for the item and the buyout is that + a premium.

Personally when I see an item with less than 4 days remaining it makes me think that the item is overpriced at that level as opposed to someone choosing to list at 1 day or 3 days.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just search the item on AH then post $1 AD less then the lowest equivalent it's pretty simple really