test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regarding ending sale today...

grassrootzgrassrootz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
FYI... Ending deals in the middle of the day of your customers before people get off work and tend to family life is a bad idea. I live in CST and I don't start playing until about 8:00pm.

This was a missed $50 from me. Oh and the reason I waited until today is because many of us don't get paid until the 1st and the 15th.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grassrootzgrassrootz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    And today is the 30th??

Correct it is the 30th... I technically get paid the last day of the month which means my check clears at midnight the day before which would be tonight. But your missing the point.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I've Cleaned this thread of all of the Off Topic Posts.

To make things clear: This thread is simply feedback saying the sale was not long enough.
    Please keep it to that!

As for the topic at hand, I can sympathize! Truly.
    However, four days, while it didn't work well for you, is ample time in my opinion. One day sales and weekend promotions aren't entirely uncommon in most marketing mediums.

The same issue can apply to any sale, you were not able to get to the market or did not have the funds to take advantage of thesale at that point in time. That certainly is a disappointment to you in that case but it doesn't necessarily mean the sale was too short.

I guess the big difference between MMO sales and most sales is advanced notice, but again in the MMO industry advanced notice is unheard of. Whether that should change or not...well...that's an entirely different matter altogether. ;)
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    luckily I was able to buy, the 12,000 zen companion pack, and that automatically add to my collection TAB :o
  • Options
    bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    A sale is when a sale is. Not everyone can be accommodated.

The important thing is that the advertised dates and times are met. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    retail companies have posted/printed/published incorrect information in advertisements countless times and there is nothing required by law that forces them to honor those mistakes. usually, there is some notice in the stores that retracts such misinformation. so whatever occurred whether it was a mistake or an error, pwe wasn't required to offer any alternate solutions (even though they did) and it wasn't intentional (so it can't be false advertisement) and if anything, the company lost out on people wanting to take advantage of the sale prices. either way, companion prices are still lower than they were before the promo and there's always the chance that they will go on sale again in the future.
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think he's mostly centered on the timing from his post, but I dunno since the mods already erased all the fun parts :(

:3
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As most people said, you had a lot of time to buy companions. I'd have spent a couple more $ as well (already purchased a few things), but i don't see such an issue (especially considering the permanent price cut they applied after the sale).

If you sell your zen you can find some decent deals on the AH, i.e. Sprite or Will-o-Wisp around 730-750k AD, it's roughly 1850z, not the discount price (1200z) but still way better than the current store price (2500z).
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh and the reason I waited until today is because many of us don't get paid until the 1st and the 15th.

That is probally common where you live, where I live it's normal to get paid around 20-25th. Actually this month was for most on 20th, so everyone has money for the holidays. So in the end, there always people that miss sales like this. But than again this probally won't be the last sale either.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    retail companies have posted/printed/published incorrect information in advertisements countless times and there is nothing required by law that forces them to honor those mistakes. usually, there is some notice in the stores that retracts such misinformation. so whatever occurred whether it was a mistake or an error, pwe wasn't required to offer any alternate solutions (even though they did) and it wasn't intentional (so it can't be false advertisement) and if anything, the company lost out on people wanting to take advantage of the sale prices. either way, companion prices are still lower than they were before the promo and there's always the chance that they will go on sale again in the future.

Their "alternate solution" is not a very favorable one IMO. The sale price should be extended for everyone, not just people who happened to deposit within the time frame of their error. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What about the people who had the Zen but couldn't log in until those last three or four hours?

Would a little programming to extend the sale for a day due to their mistake kill them? If anything, it would go to show that PW has great customer relations.

I didn't even want to buy a companion and still feel this was done completely wrong. Extend the sale for 12-24 hours and let EVERYONE get their discounted companions. Don't play favorites and only offer a solution to the few people who deposited within a small window of time.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pending further direction from PWE staff, going forward, all such threads regarding the topic of the companion sale issue will be closed until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.