test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How To - Quest Objective X of #

wymsicwymsic Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the Foundry tools to set this up but I've found that some quests contain objectives that have situations were you need to find X items or kill X mobs, or search X areas. The objective may read "Kill 25 Orcs 0/25".

How do you setup such an objective? I can add 25 kill enemy objectives but this doesn't appear to give what I want. And I don't want to necessarily tie the objectives to one specific encounter on the map, it should be cumulative of all encounters across the map to allow the player to explore if necessary and still complete the objective.

Is this only available under development tools and not Foundry tools?
Post edited by wymsic on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Put identically named story objectives next to each other instead of adding each one after the previous one.

Story Objectives

Get Orders
    |
    Kill Orcs
    (tied to mob#1) -- Kill Orcs (tied to mob#2) -- Kill Orcs (tied to mob#3) ...etc
    |
    Get Reward

The after you complete "Get Orders" objective, all your mobs will spawn (mob#1, #2, #3, etc.)
    and your objective will show "Kill Orcs (0/3)"

• Options
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Put identically named story objectives next to each other instead of adding each one after the previous one.

Story Objectives

Get Orders
    |
    Kill Orcs
    (tied to mob#1) -- Kill Orcs (tied to mob#2) -- Kill Orcs (tied to mob#3) ...etc
    |
    Get Reward

The after you complete "Get Orders" objective, all your mobs will spawn (mob#1, #2, #3, etc.)
    and your objective will show "Kill Orcs (0/3)"

Okay so if we add additional encounters but don't link them to the objectives, they won't be counted? Thanks for answering the question, I wanted a method for incrementally killing things.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wymsic wrote: »
    Okay so if we add additional encounters but don't link them to the objectives, they won't be counted? Thanks for answering the question, I wanted a method for incrementally killing things.

Correct. They'll count for experience and loot-explosions, but not for objective count.
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can't afaik create a kill count objective unless you use solo mob encounters and stack them into the one objective. Then you will get 0/3 if you have 3 solo encounters. Kill Enemy objectives 'count' encounters, not individual mobs - unless someone can say how to select and link individual mobs from an encounter.

Also, again afaik, concurrent objectives are not aggregated - they will be listed one below the other.

Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    well i just tried two scenarios..
    1) setup kill enemies objectives, lateral to each other, all with multiple mob encounters (couple easy, couple standard) -- They showed up on the objective tracker all at the same time, all with the same name, but were not one objective such as X of #. 0/#

2) setup kill enemies objectives, again lateral to each other, all with solo mob encounters -- again, showed up all at once, all same name, no objectives listed as X of #. 0/#.

Looks like this is not possible under current tool set. I'm going to redact my redaction on requesting this under the other thread were we're asking for features in foundry.