test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Winter Festival] Mount speed sometimes wasn't speed up in Twilight Run

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When riding on a horse in Twilight Run, the speed sometimes becomes as slow as it isn't being speed up. To manually fix this issue, you need to dismount and mount again. (Note: When you dismount, your run speed immediately becomes as fast as expected.)
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    saw the speed bug on the 5 gold horse too on my lower char , this horse is so **** slow that running unmounted is way faster , but i did it with my main character on a pig mount and finished 3rd place on event top (ofc skipped about 3 small gates).
    BTW it is impossible for me with pig mount to get the 3rd gate in time almost every time, so i skip 1-3 small gates.

I think the zen mounts only can win without skipping small gates. Sadly i think the race is designed/tested only for the zen players.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    criss11 wrote: »
    saw the speed bug on the 5 gold horse too on my lower char , this horse is so **** slow that running unmounted is way faster , but i did it with my main character on a pig mount and finished 3rd place on event top (ofc skipped about 3 small gates).
    BTW it is impossible for me with pig mount to get the 3rd gate in time almost every time, so i skip 1-3 small gates.

I think the zen mounts only can win without skipping small gates. Sadly i think the race is designed/tested only for the zen players.

this can happen with all mounts. Not just zen mounts.

And I've won the race running without a mount at all at times, and other times with just the plain 5 gold horse and other times with the pig mount myself. Speed is not everything in the Twilight Run. And that subject is completely off topic with the actual issue of the bug report.
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just unmount your ride and mount them again to return the speed to normal.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    criss11 wrote: »

I have to skip more small gates on my Zen mount because I have almost no control over it at that rate of speed. I can easily get 250/250 on foot, but average 170/250 on a dusk unicorn. It's much, much easier to get to the rally gates on time with a Zen mount, but you will not hit all the slalom gates if you do it. It really is a tradeoff between more speed vs. more control.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm this on white tiger as well.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have this happen all the time on my shadow wolves. Its quite frustrating and has cost me lead more than once in close races.

I'm able to able to avoid it now the majority of the time by dismounting before entering the zone and doing a fresh mount on the ice before I begin my next lap.
    contents to be decided
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This seems to happen most often when holding down the forward key before you are re-rezzed at the starting point (it's not an instance transfer, but a position transfer on the map). That is to say: when you enter the track (pressing F key at the door) and pressing your W key before you "appear" at the track seems to cause this intermittently.

I've found that when I enter the track and NOT pressing the forward key until the track is visible has avoided this problem every single time.

I'm not saying this is the cause, I'm saying that it seems to be the cause, and suspecting this and avoiding it has prevented the problem for me every time. In either case the Winter Event is a temporary zone so there's no return on investment to look into and fix this glitch (or the one with the obstacle after the third ramp causing you to lose all gravity for ten or fifteen seconds under certain circumstances).

-shrugs-