test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardion fighter tips?

kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
hey all i want to make a guardion fighter pvp based would just like to know wat is best race to be with them and what stats im looking at getting up thanks :D
Post edited by kingofchin on

Comments

• inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    halfling is pvp master race.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Race - half-orc. Even though, their ugly, they'll give you the stats you want, and speaking of stats, go Con and Dex. Some people should say strength, but more armor penetration, bout mean higher damage numbers than jus damage alone. Your final Con should be 25/26 without the campfire buff, and put every point into Dex and Con. And at 60, blue gear is better than tier 1 ( and maybe tier 2) gear. Their stats are a lot more focused. And heres what you want: go iron vanguard, so power will double. And have a BUNCH of that stuff. Next - armor penetration, other gf's have at least 44% resistance, so go at least 2k armor penetration. Last - crit. I know it doesn't happen so much for guardians, but stack it anyways!! I love to see those 20ks. And finally guides - honestly, I think every guardian fighter who does PVP has read Envy's guide. So google it, the rotation he wants you to use is important. But the rotation I use is a lot more fun (and risky). Knights challenge, lunging strike, and anvil. You will just melt those guys. It requires a lot more patience ( cooldowns) and skill, but in the end I think it's very useful.

Remember, everything above is just my opinion, other guys might have other ideas. :D Good luck kingofchin. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    for race pick the one you like the stats/benefits from them really dont matter.

Stats- I find Str-Con the most useful
    Geaer- Use 2Xblues/2X pvp set when you hit 60 (doesnt take long to get) itll give you a higher GS due to stats then full Tier 1 , though using 2 seperate tier 2 sets is the way to go down the road. If you have the AD you can grab a cheap purple weapon/shield in the auction house...otherwise start doing Dailies for the 2 rep areas and either grab weapons there or farm pvp some more for those...eventually youll want tier 2 weaps though (cause they have set bonuses)
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kingofchin, in module 2, gf's are the weakest class in pvp. Simply put, don't play gf for pvp. You will get snared by an HR and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, or get frontlined by a gwf, frozen and choked by a cw, trolled to death by dc's, flurried to death by tr's. I have gf friends who like pvp and they have gone to different classes. You may find it hard to believe there can be as bad class balance as I am suggesting, but I assure you, gf's are weak like turtles you can flip over backwards and they die.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    kingofchin, in module 2, gf's are the weakest class in pvp. Simply put, don't play gf for pvp. You will get snared by an HR and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, or get frontlined by a gwf, frozen and choked by a cw, trolled to death by dc's, flurried to death by tr's. I have gf friends who like pvp and they have gone to different classes. You may find it hard to believe there can be as bad class balance as I am suggesting, but I assure you, gf's are weak like turtles you can flip over backwards and they die.

This.

Truth.

Unless you are rolling one to mainly play PVP in a premade rainbow team otherwise go roll a GWF.
  • kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited December 2013
    hey guys thanks for all the tips you have been very helpful
  • kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited December 2013
    death could you add me in game so we could talk more about the gf i really like your ideas
    edited December 2013
    runonnike wrote: »
    Race - half-orc. Even though, their ugly, they'll give you the stats you want, and speaking of stats, go Con and Dex. Some people should say strength, but more armor penetration, bout mean higher damage numbers than jus damage alone. Your final Con should be 25/26 without the campfire buff, and put every point into Dex and Con. And at 60, blue gear is better than tier 1 ( and maybe tier 2) gear. Their stats are a lot more focused. And heres what you want: go iron vanguard, so power will double. And have a BUNCH of that stuff. Next - armor penetration, other gf's have at least 44% resistance, so go at least 2k armor penetration. Last - crit. I know it doesn't happen so much for guardians, but stack it anyways!! I love to see those 20ks. And finally guides - honestly, I think every guardian fighter who does PVP has read Envy's guide. So google it, the rotation he wants you to use is important. But the rotation I use is a lot more fun (and risky). Knights challenge, lunging strike, and anvil. You will just melt those guys. It requires a lot more patience ( cooldowns) and skill, but in the end I think it's very useful.

Remember, everything above is just my opinion, other guys might have other ideas. :D Good luck kingofchin. ;)

Don't listen to this guy. Bad GF.
    edited December 2013
    Don't listen to this guy. Bad GF.

Lol. I always come in first or second. Is that bad nuff for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Lol. I always come in first or second. Is that bad nuff for you?

When a enemy team let a GF top the score chart they have to be hella bad, or your team simply save every kill for you.

And I am 120% sure you are in the first case, go fight some good premade then try get good score. N88B like you are gonna do nothing but stop Dev from actually considering buffing GF because all you people think GF is good.
  • alderonthemasteralderonthemaster Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With the exchange of powers between classes GWF is much better than GF because he has better mobility/damage and virtually the same survivability. The only advantage of the GF is the block and it can easily be canceled by a proper positioning while GWF only need to activate the unstoppable without worrying about positioning. Besides the TAB of GF is very no sense in PVP compared to other classes.
    edited December 2013
    When a enemy team let a GF top the score chart they have to be hella bad, or your team simply save every kill for you.

And I am 120% sure you are in the first case, go fight some good premade then try get good score. N88B like you are gonna do nothing but stop Dev from actually considering buffing GF because all you people think GF is good.

Let me ask you something. Do YOU suck at playing guardians, cuz some of us actually got the skill to play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Let me ask you something. Do YOU suck at playing guardians, cuz some of us actually got the skill to play it.

Not gonna start a flaming war with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like you. Keep playing your way but good player are always good and baddie like you would just get trashed when you fighting good ones.
    edited December 2013
    Lol, sounds like your saying your "good." Wanna go 1v1 then? We'll put a price on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blaz1313blaz1313 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I play my GF since June.
    What can i say about pvp ?

In a pug match, i can be first or second too, but it s same for any experienced player with any class and good gear.

In a premade match (skilled players, r8-r10 and perfect enchants), i have to say that Slushpsycho is right.
    Your job is to keep a node against a GWF, it s the only thing you can do better. You can also assist a teammate in a 2vs1 to finish a soulforged ennemy with your CC rotation.
    What do we have ?
    GF < DC : you can't kill him, he can't kill you, but he has more utility in a team.
    GF < TR : TR has more dps, can kill you, more mobility, can escape fights better if something goes wrong.
    GF < HR : HR has more dps can kill you, can permaroot the GF, can escape too
    GF < CW : CW has more dps, you can get him with surprise of course with good crits and a full prone rotation, but if he see you first, you can t go close enough to hurt him.
    GF << GWF : GWF has better dps, better hp, better regen, better mobility, as said, you could kite him but if he has backup, you die in 5 seconds, him not.

We just have to wait a patch, or reroll like many did but you can still have fun in a pug match (if no leavers :D)
  • omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    blaz1313 wrote: »

We just have to wait a patch, or reroll like many did but you can still have fun in a pug match (if no leavers :D)

The saddest thing about this is - i'm really starting to think devs just plain don't like the class and have little interest in buffing it. If you look at the patch notes class/balance section from the last few months - there's nothing there for us. Every other class gets way more attention. Even m2 showed the same - others got new paragons while fighters got each others old shoes (seems like a "minimum effort" solution).

I really hope i'm wrong about this..