test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a guild that's more rp and tactical and not just "hey we pvp dude"

dwolf63dwolf63 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Long time gamer here, 50 widowed. Was a founder on DDO but eventually left that game. Generally prefer tactical and strategic games to shooters. My first loves are games like Age of Wonders, Master of Magic, the various Homm games, etc.

Still, D&D based MMO's can be fun with the right group, and there's the crux. I'd rather be in no group at all than with the wrong group. I'm looking for a guild with people who are of like enough mind that it'll be fun to hang out with them in game and do dungeons.

I'm not here for PvP. That said the team PvP that seems possible in this game COULD be fun if guild parties were able to go into it having worked out strategies to work together and use their powers in combination. Planning, and coming up with new ways to use abilities is part of the fun. If it's all just about charging in with no plan, no strategy, what's the point. I might as well just pug.

If the tone of this message is off-putting, so be it. Generally when someone goes looking for a guild, every guild and it's doppelganger shows up offering to be "the one". It's worse than an online dating site. Problem is, that for whatever reason they're eager to pick up members, they end up not really being what the player was applying for. So if there isn't a good fit out there - no worries. It seems possible to solo this game quite a ways, and I have yet to see how that will work with the followers here.

But at the moment I've worked one character of each class to about level 16 (actually I'm just finishing that with the sword and shield fighter - and while none of them are anything close to uber or min maxed, (I'm still feeling out the online rules interpretations) I'd love to see how they do with the right party/group/guild.

Also bonus points if there are guild members who are into fantasy and s/f beyond just reading Salvatore, or watching game of thrones. Particularly hoping to run into other Malazan fans.
Post edited by dwolf63 on

Comments

• dwolf63dwolf63 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay then, I guess I'm out of luck :)
  • coyote04coyote04 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, The 4th Corps has a small contingent of RP'ers. It's definately our smallest division, but you're more than willing to come give us a look.

We do a bit of everything in NW.

the-4th-corps.forumatic.com
    Bonum Populi Bonum Histriones Supera

The 4th Corps
    edited December 2013
    coyote04 wrote: »
    Well, The 4th Corps has a small contingent of RP'ers. It's definately our smallest division, but you're more than willing to come give us a look.

We do a bit of everything in NW.

the-4th-corps.forumatic.com

I'm not looking for high level of role play. It's just that when on an adventure I actually want to feel that I'm part of an adventuring party rather than just a bunch of folks on their "toons" looking to race through the adventure as fast as possible.

If we're running it with different characters, the adventure should feel different. In mind, each of my alts has a slightly different personality. One might be impatient and surly. Another is very meticulous and lawful in his approach. Not only are their different powers going to affect the adventure, but also their attitude.

It's that ability to play like your character that adds replayability to a game.

I want to be part of a party where people chat and ask each other what their strengths are, and how they plan to take on a particular encounter... to feel like strategy matters, and its not all just a button spam.

And while i'm not an old fashioned groniard, at the same time I chuckle when I hear people refer to their characters as toons.... that's the whole issue. In the old days, each character was a CHARACTER... they had a history, a personality, goals, ambitions, etc. Now they're just cardboard cutouts.

Okay so i've vented. I should mention I'm actually quite easy to get along with and very team oriented. I leave my venting for out of game. :)
  • jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Check out our website site and apply. We are everything we say we are, and then some.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
    edited December 2013
    jenisyde wrote: »
    Check out our website site and apply. We are everything we say we are, and then some.

I came back to find this, went to your site, and saw you'd posted your recruitment was almost closed 2 hours ago. I don't know there's enough time to actually check into you guys and apply.
  • jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Recruitment is open. It is ALMOST closed :). We've been picking up a few guys here and there. We go for quality over quantiy. My apologies for the misleading news post on our website.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
    edited December 2013
    Well if there's someone i can meet and talk to in game, I wouldn't mind learning more. I'll go check your site again in the meantime.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I cant tell you about guilds. As even some Rp guilds dont do much of actual rp adventuring.

But I am with you all the way on that. If you like, i wouldnt mind playing with you. Im a full time Rper, so Rping during quests and adventures is a natural given. Im generally IC all the time during every context of the game so I do everything in character.

You can add my @handles

@reagenlionel1
    @reagen0