test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP matches last night

shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey Folks!

So trying to do my daily last night was rougher than normal. No other guildies who were doing PVP at the time, and every time I got into a match it was either semi-pre or full pre groups. Even with that said, I still would give it my all as best I could. There were a few times when my pug would even have a break through, clear the spot and claim it now and then, but all of them were a loss. It usually got to about 600 points for the pre vs our 100 or so and that's when people would quit.

That got me into the fun of 1v1s. I was able to challenge people who were better geared than me, so I can see how they play against my HR. Most of them I lost and I knew I would, as I was at 10.2k GS vs their 12 or 13k.. However, it was fun. I know there were several fights that were really close. When it got down to that final attack to finish it or not, it was a lot of fun. :)

This whole thing is just a general 'thank you' to those whom allowed my HR to cap swap so I got some glory from the whole thing, as well as being willing to do 1v1s. Even with horrible facepalming losses as the players on my team refused to do the whole 'team' thing, I still enjoyed it.

I'm still working on trying to gear up my HR. Got 60 on monday (slow, I know) and I finally got my last pvp t1 piece last night. Working on boons, going to be doing t2 epic dungeons to get gear, etc, etc.. but I'm slowly moving up. I look forward to challenging more people in fights, either in a team, or if my team flees, in 1v1s.

Thanks!
Reginer
Combat HR
Post edited by shadow5930 on

Comments

• immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    Reginer,

I believe we ran into each other while PVPing last night and saw you 1v1 a couple of people. It was fun to watch! It was also nice to see someone NOT abusing the cooldown reduction bug. Props to you!

Hope to see you in more pvp in the future,

-Blessing
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ran into your DC with Shrugs in my last PVP match. You guys were impossible to dislodge from 3! I happen to have Loki grouped with me for that one, I think there was one other EoA with us, so they kept you guys busy in that half of the pvp match and the rest of us fought the rest of the match, heh.

When I was solo pugging, I did run into your GWF. I think there was 3 times I managed to get you low, but I couldn't finish it as you had someone show up and that finished killing me. :)

I did have fun, I love seeing the big names of the PVP groups in matches, it makes me excited to pit myself against them and I try even harder to fight to win when I do see them. I know those 1v1s were intense, I've actually come to find as a combat HR, I'm a really good perma-stealth rogue burner. I refuse to exploit, so removed stormstep for lone wolf. Which has mixed results. I'm thinking about moving it into twin blade storm for more aoe damage when I am dealing with crowds. Once I get an armor enchant to go with my terror, I'm going to be even tougher to kill I think. :)
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Glad you have such a positive outlook on PvP. Win or lose you should have fun and that's what it looks like you are doing. On a side note- Blessing is ridiculous to TRY and kill. :)
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    This whole thing is just a general 'thank you' to those whom allowed my HR to cap swap so I got some glory from the whole thing, as well as being willing to do 1v1s. Even with horrible facepalming losses as the players on my team refused to do the whole 'team' thing, I still enjoyed it.

i've seen cap swapping happen a lot more recently. in a 5v2 or thereabouts, there's really no competitive vibe there... so it's pretty awesome to see rather than continual facemopping. :)
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I know the current system is set up so if you have under 500 personal points, you get no glory. So 2 caps at least give that and that's what I ask for. I'll keep swapping as long as the other team is willing since it pushes all of our's glory upward.

I also like to get into the 1v1's because even if I'm out-geared, I can see what they are doing specifically against me. Everyone has their patterns and I had one TR that I died the first time at him with 75% health, second at 25% health, 3rd at 5% health. They most likely had soul forge, so I never pushed them into it, however I was getting better at reading the pattern, as well as knowing how to react. I feel there's always a way to learn from any PVP match, as long as people are willing to treat each other with respect.

... I have had matches where they said 'sure go ahead and cap swap' then all jumped me too. I just sit on the edge of the ledge then.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know the current system is set up so if you have under 500 personal points, you get no glory. So 2 caps at least give that and that's what I ask for. I'll keep swapping as long as the other team is willing since it pushes all of our's glory upward.

I also like to get into the 1v1's because even if I'm out-geared, I can see what they are doing specifically against me. Everyone has their patterns and I had one TR that I died the first time at him with 75% health, second at 25% health, 3rd at 5% health. They most likely had soul forge, so I never pushed them into it, however I was getting better at reading the pattern, as well as knowing how to react. I feel there's always a way to learn from any PVP match, as long as people are willing to treat each other with respect.

... I have had matches where they said 'sure go ahead and cap swap' then all jumped me too. I just sit on the edge of the ledge then.
    Did you have another team mate? Just curious because I've been in winning groups where we said that then one of the two remaining players decided to attack us anyways and it then became open season on those two whenever they jumped down.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013

if the other team is a pug, it's possible that some of the players aren't english-speaking... it's either that or they're just not interested in being fair. :/
    edited December 2013
    pre-made, guild name not said due to forum rules. :)

That said, I have had people attack me when trying to cap too. Of course, I've also yet to have any of those who attack when the rest of the team agreed to a cap swap be able to do much to me before I floor them.

... ironically it's usually a GWF that while the match was active, it was the DC keeping them up from me. Otherwise I can drop them fast. :)

edit: actually I was the last one of my team, 5v1, they said go ahead, I hop down, entire group jumped me. I've only had 1 pre that's done that. Generally everyone else is cool enough to allow it to happen so I get at least something for losing.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    edit: actually I was the last one of my team, 5v1, they said go ahead, I hop down, entire group jumped me. I've only had 1 pre that's done that. Generally everyone else is cool enough to allow it to happen so I get at least something for losing.

Right, this actually happens quite often :) I'd say you're pretty lucky. When the match is over, there's NO POINT in doing anything else but offer 1 vs 1. If none take the offer, just do whatever else - but farm the low GS, lone player that remained in the map. It's dumb and it will contribute to new players never queueing for PvP again and bashing it on the forums.

We don't want that... but some seem to not understand past "kill kill kill".
    edited December 2013
    I go into matches knowing I'm low GS. So I know if I see FX on people and they tear through my team, I'm going to lose. I accept it. My goal then is to try to drag someone with me if possible. :)

Failing that, if people start leaving, I'll ask the team for the cap swap and after I'm over 500 personal points, ask about 1v1. I'm trying to be vocal in pvp matches, pushing for it so people see it and can see it's ok. I have talked to people that have refused to do anything other than fight. Personally, it's frustrating to me, I'm sure it's probably the same for others, since it's obvious we lost, why keep fighting? No situational awareness?

... then again, they could just be the people trying for the pvp artifact and have a mindset from other games of 'doesn't matter, fight and win' or something.
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2013
    Heh, earlier today my team dropped two players but we still gave it our best and even managed to cap a few times vs a full team. We lost of course but it was still far more fun than most of the games I won. I hate it when one person leaves and everyone gives up because they just want to win.
    edited December 2013
    That's how I play too Rhorge. I rather keep trying. When it gets to the point of I'm sole man on point and their entire team is beating on me? yeah, I can't fight anymore, as I refuse to be a free kill. But if my team keeps trying, even 3v5 it's possible to beat them down. If it's not at 1000, then the fight isn't over...

... until I'm last man on team and they're all standing under the ledge, anyways. :)
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Right, this actually happens quite often :) I'd say you're pretty lucky. When the match is over, there's NO POINT in doing anything else but offer 1 vs 1. If none take the offer, just do whatever else - but farm the low GS, lone player that remained in the map. It's dumb and it will contribute to new players never queueing for PvP again and bashing it on the forums.

We don't want that... but some seem to not understand past "kill kill kill".

I certainly agree with this. If its a complete blow out I try to leave the low GS guys/girls alone while I wander around in search of a good fight... and always try to get the pug team I'm on to let them cap/offer 1v1's. I hate to see newbies to the game have a bad experience in PvP.
    edited December 2013
    I would love it if we can make that the new standard. if a match fails with it dropping to 5v3 or 5v2, everyone agree to allow cap swapping so the team that got ditched on, still make something from the match. I've tried it at lower level than 60s, but there are plenty of people that didn't really seem to get it then.
    edited December 2013
    I would love it if we can make that the new standard. if a match fails with it dropping to 5v3 or 5v2, everyone agree to allow cap swapping so the team that got ditched on, still make something from the match. I've tried it at lower level than 60s, but there are plenty of people that didn't really seem to get it then.

That's why this is up to the people who have been around for a while as they are ones who are probably in the position of control most often. The more sportsmanship that they show the more it is passed on to the newly arriving 60's.
    edited December 2013
    Oh absolutely agreed!

Far as I know most 60s are fine with it. I know I ran into one GWF that basically let me beat on him as it started as a 1v1, but I couldn't drop him down under half health even with him just standing there... that was before my terror enchant. :)

In general, if we, as a PVP community, decide to be better and to be sportsman about such situations, we can improve the game. While having a reason for people to stay in game would be nice, ultimately I enjoy the fighting for the fighting and want to see that on a good level with any.
    edited December 2013
    Well, sportsmanship is hard to come by tonight, unfortunately...
    edited December 2013
    Sometimes, it's just a tough night. :)

I tend to find that if I go into a match expecting sportsmanship, I tend to find it.

... now if only that worked when I go in expecting to win and get the 10k gs team vs the 15k gs team. :)
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'm scared to try pvp. I don't want people mad while I learn. Destroyer GWF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    endocin wrote: »

Everyone starts somewhere, just have a positive outlook and have fun like the OP.
    edited December 2013
    If you ever want help in PVP, please look me up. @shadow5930. I'm more than happy to give pointers. I level just about all of my characters mainly through PVP. I have 4 60s now, dc, gwf, cw, hr, a 54 GF and a 54 TR. So while I can't help you on gear questions, I do know stats and I do know skills. I'm also always willing to group with whoever. :)

Don't be scared of PVP. It's thrilling and if you tell people up front you're new, they'll generally help you out.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    endocin wrote: »

A really smart move would be shout that in party chat before the game start so if people don't wanna play with newbie they can just leave so you get new ones or everybody can quit and regroup until you run into a team that simply don't mind.