test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread Spire graphics

ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Made my first visit to the Dread Ring campaign today. Just wanted to pass along my appreciation for the graphic artistry of the Dread Spire dungeon. Very nicely done, to include the ceiling. I know many people just zerg through stuff without appreciating the art work, but some of us do stop and look around from time to time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ordensmarschall on

Comments

• Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I notice a lot of the background stuff as well. The Phantasmal Fortress is especially interesting. Next time you go through there, look around. You can see people walking on the ceiling and walls, a whole galaxy in one room, and an insane amount of detail worked into distant walls and backdrops.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i fully support this thread! ;)
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The graphic design and concept are extremely good for the new environments. Sadly that's about it...
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    agree! graphics in the new realms increase the joy in playing! :)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I think we can all agree the Dread Ring and its dungeons are some of the best, if not the best, visual zones to date. And let's not forget the Audio Team. They did a stand-up job as well with my only minor complaint being the volume level.

Kudos Cryptic!
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I fully agree. It is an absolute pleasure doing Dailies in Dread Ring, in terms of graphics and content, especially the Lairs. There are even hidden rooms with even more amazing graphics.

I also love the little touches like improved contests, interesting scrying orb placements, open/non-gated layout and schedule variety.

I would say the anticipation for daily Gauntlets/Arcane Coffers could have been something truly special, but one missed opportunity is fine when the rest is so good. When even my Cleric enjoys doing Dailies, you know something has been done right!

Here is an example of a screenshot I just had to take yesterday (note. I'm no pro screenshoter and I did not use the demo facility):

wlYrGCX.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think we can all agree the Dread Ring and its dungeons are some of the best, if not the best, visual zones to date. And let's not forget the Audio Team. They did a stand-up job as well with my only minor complaint being the volume level.

Kudos Cryptic!
    I put the best as the waterclock dungeon in the graveyard. The way that the gears start moving in different rings as you activate more and more of the place, how much visual depth is apparent in the different portions of the gears, etc. Just love that place. Dread Ring and Sharandar are, however, #2 and #3 respectively. Supremely well done.