test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where do I find faction rewards for Guilds?

myrandawyldonemyrandawyldone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just formed my guild and where do I find info on the 2 level 60 factions?

Because 750k AD is a lot to spend to change it :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Go to trade of blades and talk to the recruiters in the back room. They'll give you the fluff. Otherwise, the only in game effect is that Delzoun tends to win the PVP event and has much more frequent access to the T2 dungeon. On the other hand, there are so many of them queuing for PVP and so few of us Luskans to fight, that most don't get to into the matches much. So if you like waiting in PVP queues and running T2 dungeons, go Delzoun. If you like getting a lot of desperate fights that you'll probably lose, welcome to Luskan. :P
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • myrandawyldonemyrandawyldone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thanks!!!!
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    So if you like waiting in PVP queues and running T2 dungeons, go Delzoun. If you like getting a lot of desperate fights that you'll probably lose, welcome to Luskan. :P

These choices are so close to each other in appeal.

I can only wonder what he will choose :))
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried asking this in another Gauntletgrym thread, but can someone give a little more specifics on how the PVE/PVP relate based on the choice, and assuming a worst-case-scenario from every queue.

Like if I sign my 1-player guild up as luskan and assume I will lose everything but will always get a match to pop. What am I missing out on and what parts can I participate in (PVE wise)?

By contrast, if I sign up delzoun and assume that the queue never pops and I literally, NEVER, get into a match, what can I do (PVE wise) and what can't I do?

Because I understand that you need to win a PvP match to get at the dungeon. Isn't that correct?
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried asking this in another Gauntletgrym thread, but can someone give a little more specifics on how the PVE/PVP relate based on the choice, and assuming a worst-case-scenario from every queue.

Like if I sign my 1-player guild up as luskan and assume I will lose everything but will always get a match to pop. What am I missing out on and what parts can I participate in (PVE wise)?

By contrast, if I sign up delzoun and assume that the queue never pops and I literally, NEVER, get into a match, what can I do (PVE wise) and what can't I do?

Because I understand that you need to win a PvP match to get at the dungeon. Isn't that correct?

In order to go into Fardelver Crypt (T1), you need to have one share, which means you can choose to participate only of the PvE or PvP parts of Gauntlgrym. You can also get into it regardless of the battle result.

To get into Dwarf King Crypt (T2), you need to have both shares (PvE and PvP) and your faction must win the battle. The point many people don't know, however, is that you can get the PvP share by completing the PvE event that runs at the same time (by getting enough points - I'm not sure how many you need, but I completed it once doing 350 points) - you just don't get the Rhix daily quest reward if you don't actually get into PvP.

Dwarf King is the one of the best ways in the game to get AD, but you have to have good gear (I'd say 12K+) and a good team, because otherwise it is very hard. Provided you have a good group, you can do 3 legit runs during the event time and have a good chance to get a random T2 drop.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do you only need 1 share to get into Fardelver? I've always gotten both shares.

Anyway, the order of GG is phase 1 (30 minutes) Iron Tabernacle IIRC.
    Three objectives:
    1> Clear golems from Grand Forge, after which kill fire elementals for mats to start furnace, then kill duergar for broken weapons (also can be looted from some chests)
    2> Clear golems from Pumps/Stables, start pumps with elemental earth, kill duergar etc... (mirror of first objective just in different part of map)
    3>Kill Duergar Blasphemer

Don't try to solo the golems and especially not the blasphemer! If you are first to arrive wait for others.

Phase 2 is also 30 minutes.
    At the start there are 2 objectives (besides queuing for PVP)
    1> Construct catapults - loot lumber carts and find helthorn boulders. take them to the catapult area and activate white templates, store boulders in circles. (This phase lasts 10 minutes then one side gets catapult bonus in PVP)
    2> Clear way for Amusad- help the giant clear the duergar from the great hall. He'll do it himself eventuallly but you can't start looting artifacts and food from chests and barrels until it's done, so give him a hand. After the way is clear, you can begin looting these items from containers (they can drop from duergar before this btw) and bring them to the great hall. Finishes up at the 20 minute mark for Phase 3.

Final PVE part of phase 2 doesn't affect PVP. You kill elementals for bounty tokens and then turn them in at a mining cart for glory. I had hoped to use it get the PVP artifact but in the time it took me to get my T2 set (c. 2 weeks) I didn't quite get .1 of the glory I needed. So it's mostly a consolation prize for PVPrs who couldn't get in.

The enemies in phase 1 are at full dungeon strength. In phase 2, the mobs around the Great Hall are at dungeon strength, the rest seem to be all scaled for solo play. If you want to build catapults, loot food and artifacts, leave the area of the great hall. You can get the mats there but it's not worth the time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    In order to go into Fardelver Crypt (T1), you need to have one share, which means you can choose to participate only of the PvE or PvP parts of Gauntlgrym. You can also get into it regardless of the battle result.

To get into Dwarf King Crypt (T2), you need to have both shares (PvE and PvP) and your faction must win the battle. The point many people don't know, however, is that you can get the PvP share by completing the PvE event that runs at the same time (by getting enough points - I'm not sure how many you need, but I completed it once doing 350 points) - you just don't get the Rhix daily quest reward if you don't actually get into PvP.

Dwarf King is the one of the best ways in the game to get AD, but you have to have good gear (I'd say 12K+) and a good team, because otherwise it is very hard. Provided you have a good group, you can do 3 legit runs during the event time and have a good chance to get a random T2 drop.
    What are "shares"?

And how hard is it for a loner to find teams? Can I just queue? I'm not terribly concerned about T2 gear in the short term.

For the daily from Rhix, do you have to win or is it like the domination daily where you just need to participate?

If it's just participate, then it sounds like going Luskan is the way to go for me, since I suck at PvP and I am not expecting to win anything anyway. At least as luskan I can get the daily done fast and have some astrals out of it, then get part of the PvE accomplished as well.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    a "share" is what you get for completing the phases of gauntlegrym. the first one you get for participating in phase one by killing duergar for broken weapons/stolen barding. you can work towards getting the most points, but to date, there isn't any reward for getting the gold. some just get a few points and hang out waiting for phase two.

only the winning team of phase two gets the second share. it's a combination score of all PvE and PvP instances that compete in phase two. this means that you can be in a pvp match where you lose, but your faction could win the overall phase.

the last time i did gauntlegrym, my focus was to gain grym coin to get the T2 pvp gear sets for multiple characters. grym coin is awarded in phase two and it is in the chests of both dungeons. you get grym coin and glory for winning and losing in the pvp match, except you get more if you win. and the number of coins varies in the chests. i haven't been to gauntlegrym since m2 dropped, but i understand they added some doors to make it more difficult to do multiple runs. i'm not sure how many you can feasibly do now, but you have 30 minutes in phase three.

rhix offers daily rAD rewards. lord neverember offers weekly rewards.

my guild faction is the delzoun explorers. we didn't win every time. but that was a bit ago that i was doing it at least once per day.
    edited December 2013
    Hmm, so looks like Luskan it is. If people are going to farm me for glory (Which is what happens in the dominations) I might as well perform a community service and hep the queue fill faster =)

Thanks for all the info!