test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best CW end-game set?

jabbyxdjabbyxd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Library
Somebody told me to get High Vizier
But he said he's a little outdated, stopped playing his wizard months ago.

So I'm wondering before i spend tonsssss of AD/Money in the AH of which set to get?

Thank you for your time :D
Post edited by jabbyxd on

Comments

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    High Vizier. :)
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    High Vizier. :)

Hands down the best set. However it's also the most expensive. If you can't farm it that is.

Personally I've found a good alternative in GG gear which is very good damage-wise.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    High Vizier by far. But as said = expensive.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    x4 for High Vizier.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    urthedarurthedar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is no best set because it depends what kind of party do you have. For example i am using 3 sets High Vizier, Dread Legion and Shadow Weaver and if in my party there is 2 CW with HV i change my set to SW or DL (boost party or myself) but if you have only 1 CW with HV in my opinion you should have a second HV.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lifesteal tank with VT set :P
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    High Vizier's, without contest.
  • Options
    caelumareshcaelumaresh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMO its Dread Legion, because it looks awesome and the stats arent too poor aswell :)
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMO its Dread Legion, because it looks awesome and the stats arent too poor aswell :)

That's very sweet, but no. Aside from the great artwork, it's godawful.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just do what I did and transmute the design over to HV. :)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    fakenameszyxfakenameszyx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope I am posting this in the right place, as I am becoming rather desperate. I quite frankly feel that I am just missing out on how High Vizier works. No matter what testing I do I cannot figure out if the 4 piece bonus is actually working. I just don't know how to get it to proc. I have tested it on training dummies as well as actual mobs in the Dread Ring. the ONLY spell that seems to proc it, and mind you it only gave me what appeared to be one stack from multiple mobs, was Steal Time.

I even did a thorough search of the forums and I just can't seem to understand why this doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I using the wrong spells? I am basically using a cookie cutter version of... http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?539741-Grimah-s-Shadowmantle-Spellstorm-Thaum-Spec-(PvE) this build.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?445011-High-Vizier-Uptime-Question
    This seemed to answer the questions I have, but quite frankly I didn't get their results at all. For example, my chill strike DEFINITELY doesn't add High Vizier stacks.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    [...]
    Are you looking for the buffs on your character or on the debuff on the target(s)?
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope I am posting this in the right place, as I am becoming rather desperate. I quite frankly feel that I am just missing out on how High Vizier works. No matter what testing I do I cannot figure out if the 4 piece bonus is actually working. I just don't know how to get it to proc. I have tested it on training dummies as well as actual mobs in the Dread Ring. the ONLY spell that seems to proc it, and mind you it only gave me what appeared to be one stack from multiple mobs, was Steal Time.

I even did a thorough search of the forums and I just can't seem to understand why this doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I using the wrong spells? I am basically using a cookie cutter version of... http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?539741-Grimah-s-Shadowmantle-Spellstorm-Thaum-Spec-(PvE) this build.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?445011-High-Vizier-Uptime-Question
    This seemed to answer the questions I have, but quite frankly I didn't get their results at all. For example, my chill strike DEFINITELY doesn't add High Vizier stacks.

Your second link is a bad choice for understanding High Vizier.

Use the summary in Grimah's Comprehensive Wizard Guide or the original High Vizier testing thread in which you can see the gory details as they appeared publically (page 5 has a lot of detail, though missing several updates): High Vizier Set BIS Next Patch?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Are you looking for the buffs on your character or on the debuff on the target(s)?

All I can imagine is that the poster isn't watching the target's debuffs. As we know, HV is still a bit screwy in that some encounters fail to buff the caster.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    fakenameszyxfakenameszyx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, you are correct. That was exactly my problem. Steal Time was increasing my defense but I couldn't get chill strike to increase my stats. So, I guess it is just bugged and doesn't give you the defensive stats, like it says it should, but it still takes away enemies defenses right?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, you are correct. That was exactly my problem. Steal Time was increasing my defense but I couldn't get chill strike to increase my stats. So, I guess it is just bugged and doesn't give you the defensive stats, like it says it should, but it still takes away enemies defenses right?

Correct. You'll see the HV stack icon next to the target's name and health bar. You can also calculate your increased damage from checking your combat log in-game.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH