test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Money matters!!!!

brandewynnbrandewynn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok so my hubby and I were fishing out at winter festival and went to cash in junk from our bags. the vendors out there evidently missed math class because stuff that sells for 20 copper was only giving us 10 copper and so on so you lose half your proceeds if you use the vendors at the festival to sell. Big drag there.

Secondly, we also noticed that when buying from a vendor in bulk if you are asked for 50 silver for something you pay 50 silver for each of the stack u buy. this is as it should be. However if you sell something to a vendor that is stackable like old potions and such you get the same price for 1 or 20 if you don't separate them. I find this disturbing. If a potion is going to sell for 25 copper per then wen I sell it back to the vendor I don't expect to get 15 copper for 20 if I don't have the time or know I have to separate it to get 15 copper per potion. The math should be equal on both sides of the fence here guys. Between professions and having to buy higher level potions and injury kits or skill kits as you progress through the game and now you also use gold to remove enchants from gear the need for money is compounded. To be taken advantage of like this is definitely unfair. This should be addressed ASAP.
Post edited by brandewynn on

Comments

• mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow , going to have to check this out when I get back in game , the amount of money I must have lost if there is a bug for stacks sold to vendors . :mad:
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you sure about this?

Because in general the prices the vendors charge are twice what you get if you sell the same item back to them. And as I just checked in game (although NOT at the winter festival vendor) you do get the correct amount of money for selling a stack of items.

Can you duplicate the bug and provide a before and after screenshot showing how your gold has changed?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. It appears that at least the Fishing Merchant of Winter Festival is unusually tight/stingy. He will give you only half the gold value of all items sold to him. Other vendors in the area do not behave differently from standard vendors.

2. I cannot reproduce the quantity value error. Even with the Fishing Merchant, if you sell more than one of the same item to him at the same time, you will get the proportionate value - this includes full stack of items (I used 99x Potion of Weak Healing).
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    1. It appears that at least the Fishing Merchant of Winter Festival is unusually tight/stingy. He will give you only half the gold value of all items sold to him. Other vendors in the area do not behave differently from standard vendors.

Gj fondlez -so there does appear to be a bug specific to just the fishing vendor prices then.
  • brandewynnbrandewynn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What I was trying to say here in part 2 is that ok if you sell to a vendor something say sells for 50 copper as a ball park if you do not break down the stacks you get 50 copper for the entire stack. if you have 10 of this item that equates to 4 silver 50 copper loss.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No you actually get 50 copper per item. Check your log (its a chat tab)

Thanks for confirming the paying half the usual price fondlez
  • brandewynnbrandewynn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My computer is being a tard and won't let me print screen (been doing it for years but windows 8 is a jerk) so Hubby is going to get collection of data (pics) when he logs on this morning.