test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Pen stat for GF

jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I know armor pen stat allows damage to avoid armor of enemy. But as a tact based tank play style should this be a stat I need and if so how much is needed? How does Plaguefire, terror enchants and feats from other classes that reduce target defenses that may already hit the reduction desired factor into the ap stat value?
Thank for the help y'all !
Post edited by jdenn01 on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally onmy tank GF I didn't bother with it at all.

I just max stacked Defense/Deflect/Regen and then went upping Recovery and Power.

You have some innate Armor Penetration from your Dexterity ability

Plaguefire/Terror increase damage dealt, they don't actually reduce mitigation.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. Check the forum sticky. You will find values on Resistance Ignored/ArP: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=358391

2. All dps classes benefit from Armor Penetration. It is the a flat damage increase against targets with mitigation and therefore the most effective offensive stat.

3. All known feats, spells and enchantments stack with Resistance Ignored/Armor Penetration, including below zero mitigation.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It depends on build and your purpose( PVE or PVP, Tank or DPS)
  • jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mostly pve tanking
    Currently I am running a tact crit build with a vorpal enchant
    But feel that I can do better
    I have no AP so I believe that the DMG reduction from boss armor may be the cause of the DMG I am seeing

Thank you for the website above, very helpful
    Looks as if I will drop my crit focus for a more sustained damage approach with ap and power

Thanks agian gang!!
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    jdenn01 wrote: »
    Mostly pve tanking
    Currently I am running a tact crit build with a vorpal enchant
    But feel that I can do better
    I have no AP so I believe that the DMG reduction from boss armor may be the cause of the DMG I am seeing

Thank you for the website above, very helpful
    Looks as if I will drop my crit focus for a more sustained damage approach with ap and power

Thanks agian gang!!

In that case armor pen is not really important.

You WILL lose threat when those perfect vorpal CW/HR crit their encountes, all u need to do is grab them back which GF has a kit to do so. Therefore maximize your defensive stat to a ideal level before investing in armor pen.

And crit build with Vorpal work poorly on a GF if your purpose is threat maintain.

If you wanna have great control of threat you should use high rank Lifedrinker/Lightning/Bilethorn. I have not personally test Lightning as a GF but according to my fellow guildmates Perfect Lightning works like a charm.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you wanna have great control of threat you should use high rank Lifedrinker/Lightning/Bilethorn. I have not personally test Lightning as a GF but according to my fellow guildmates Perfect Lightning works like a charm.

This is partially true...

Greater Plaguefire & Lightening (Weapon) and Perfect Thunderhead (Armor) help maintain aggro/threat the best imo. The Damage over Time (DoT) on Plaguefire or the constant chaining of lightening (assuming it chains) helps keep aggro, leaving all others behind in the dust.

The Armor Enchant: Thunderhead is bar-none the best aggro generator in the game for an armor enchantment. When you are crit against by a mob and it procs, everything in the room will want a piece of you!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad