test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter State of the Game

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Adventurers,

Check out the State of the Game message from Neverwinter Lead Producer, Andy Velasquez.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1068591
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited December 2013
    What about the Foundry - Nothing to report? Any Future in it. Any chance of getting the things we ask for? EVER!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    builderx wrote: »
    What about the Foundry - Nothing to report? Any Future in it. Any chance of getting the things we ask for? EVER!

Given that no details of further updates were listed, why do you assume it means no Foundry?
  • Options
    desseertordesseertor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello , how's ? , first of all I want to say that I quite like the game in general is very good , but for people who love pvp , not if much ( I include myself in this), that I say this? , as know there are very few ways to pvp , so that we can enjoy , in my view, would make you kick guild vs guild system, pk (I understand that and that, I think you can achieve , for the theme that already game was created , and should tweak many things , the issue of pk only say that there are no factions , if you have factions would be nice) , also some implement of some system of competitive arenas type 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5, as you game developers must understand me , too many users would be satisfied with this, I'm not talking pve , because I am not a person who caracterize me to play pve in any mmorpg .

Thanks for your attention , no matter what they do is their game and as a user of this , I leave only my humble advice

bye
  • Options
    snewfielokisnewfieloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What about PVP content?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when are they going to fix the graphics crash issues with Nvidia boards which came in with fury of the Feywild.
    The technical support section under graphics is gettin a long list of them.
    Most crash while in game, i'm one of the ones which crash just before character select.

The game worked perfectly ok before fury of the feywild.
    I have reinstalled and it comes up with an error message before I even hit play syaing a file is wrong. I verify,, sue safe mode, crash
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "The importance of player feedback cannot be understated."

*ahem* You might wanna change that to overstated. The importance of player feedback cannot be OVERSTATED. *giggles*

Good job on a Russian shard though. True, I will never see it, but that's a pretty big thing.
  • Options
    estarriollestarrioll Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great news, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    darrishrobinsondarrishrobinson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i like the game i also like the endless pve that is in game i know i am only level 46 and not in i guild but ive only played for two months at night time and i love this game. Also i hope anyone makes sword art online after the show awesomeness if you haven't seen yet check it out on hulu.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lower level content needs a major revamping. A 15th level toon does not have 300k of astral diamonds to level there companion with them.

A 15th level character wont need to upgrade their pet. Pets don't have levels, they have ranks. Why do you think pets cap out at level 30 and not 60? Each rank is about equal to 2 levels. So a level 15 pet, will still match up well for a level 30 character.

Even after 30, a standard white pet can still be useful even well into the 40's. At no point is anyone forced to upgrade simply to level or play the game solo.

Yea, they are pricy. Yea the upgrade costs are too. But none of it is needed. Ive yet to upgrade a pet or buy a single zen store pet. With the single exception of Ioun stones. And those I bought long after I hit 60 and with in game funds.
  • Options
    anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    A 15th level character wont need to upgrade their pet. Pets don't have levels, they have ranks. Why do you think pets cap out at level 30 and not 60? Each rank is about equal to 2 levels. So a level 15 pet, will still match up well for a level 30 character.

Even after 30, a standard white pet can still be useful even well into the 40's. At no point is anyone forced to upgrade simply to level or play the game solo.

Yea, they are pricy. Yea the upgrade costs are too. But none of it is needed. Ive yet to upgrade a pet or buy a single zen store pet. With the single exception of Ioun stones. And those I bought long after I hit 60 and with in game funds.
    im sorry but im a CW and my rank 15 cleric has a hard time keeping my health up iv died many times due to the 189 heal she gives me so saying that a rank 15 is usual is not the case for us all i would love to upgrade her but due the madness of the over pricing to do anything in this game its just not going to happen
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
  • Options
    tailbitertailbiter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another example it is not easy for a toon to get 5 gold by level 20 for their first mount to buy.

Just throwing it out there, but a level 20 character can easily earn some AD's through dailies and buy a mount from the AH. I've never had 5 gold, but yesterday I bought a mount.
  • Options
    rocknroguerocknrogue Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just talking! What do you think pvp issues? If team s weak someone always quit. This s suck
  • Options
    samnich7samnich7 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My boyfriend plays a cleric and I play a ranger... we do just fine. I've been playing since the very start of the open beta, and the Fey wild pack was the very first time I spent real money in this game. My boyfriend hasn't spent any money whatsoever on this game.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mod note: folks, this is a news announcement. this isn't a rant thread. please keep the comments on-topic. if you would like to start a constructive discussion or contribute to an existing one, i would strongly suggest it over posting in this thread. thanks.

do not reply to this mod note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.