test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where to get Reagents?

perparedxperparedx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay...I'm kinda confused about this whole thing...some people say you get them from Skill nodes while you are in epic dungeon and some say you can ALSO get them in a places like Black lake, Tower District...Will I really get them if I farm outside of the epic dungeons? Will I also get them while doing the normal dungeon like Cloak Tower or in a places like Black lake, Sharander...?
Post edited by perparedx on

Comments

• perparedxperparedx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anyone...drop the reply? :/
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't had any drop from skill nodes yet, and from what I have read I believe the drop rate is very low.
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've gotten green (lesser) marks of potency from skill nodes. White (minor) marks of potency I've gotten from green leadership chests.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    I've gotten green (lesser) marks of potency from skill nodes. White (minor) marks of potency I've gotten from green leadership chests.

Anytime or only during Professions events?
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've played 15 epic DD after mod 2 and I saw just one blue mark of potency drop from a boss. I got a couple of green ones from skill nodes inside epic dungeons, but I also got some from high level areas outside dungeons, so I think the odds are the same.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wondrous Bazaar merchant sells them I think. They're relatively inexpensive cost in Astral Diamonds if I remember correctly.

Now, I could be mistaking Regents for some other "potency fusing thingamajig" but I don't think so (I'm at office right now and forcing my memory from last night). Anyway - check the Wondrous Bazaar lady (click the AD icon in your toolbar if you aren't in PE).

There are all ranks available there - the higher the rank, the more expensive they are. And with failure rates, you might need to buy several - THAT'S when it starts to get expensive!
  • morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah it seems they came up with an overly convoluted way to make upgrading enchantments nearly impossible and difficult to understand. They should have provided a tutorial. I don't understand why they don't want us to upgrade items, which is the only conclusion you can come to based on this process. They might as well remove up-gradable items from the game.

I hunted all over Coster Market and there is the one lady outside, Wondrous Bazaar merchant, who sells 3 of the various reagants but there are many many other different types needed to upgrade the various items you need to upgrade. I already have a greater bag of holding half full of the ones I've collected and none of them are apparently needed for anything. I have had a couple of the reagants needed to upgrade lower level enchants/runestones drop but didn't notice at the time I got them so can't tell you where. Creating a rank 8 enchant is likely next to impossible. I'm only glad I managed to create a numberr of Rank 7's before the change or I wouldn't even have those.

Oh and on top of all that you no longer have a chance to get coalescent wards using Celestial coins. Just to add insult to injury i guess they needed to make sure you had no way of upgrading anything.

Frustrated to say the least. :mad:
  • skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I've played 15 epic DD after mod 2 and I saw just one blue mark of potency drop from a boss.

This.

Blues are EXTREMELY rare, hence the outrageous prices on AH. Cryptic will eventually have to address this.

For now, it's usually cheaper to buy a higher level item, than upgrading with blues. A rank 5 stone needs 1 blue, and a rank 6 needs 2. Just buy the higher rank outright.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Blues are way to rare that's why I think they should remove the peridot and aquamarine from the prayer boxes and add the marks in. But who know a what they will do.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    There is a tutorial. It is part of the quest that Sgt. Knox gives you. However, it does seem that the needed reagents drop far too infrequently. I have not yet been able to really decide what I think of the new system just yet, but one positive I noticed so far is that I have much more bag space now than before. One downside is I have far more enchants ready to upgrade than I have gotten reagents in order to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frywellfrywell Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For me the bag space was freed up only temporarily. Once I filled up everything I could, the enchants keep accumulating again, as the reagents are essentially unobtainable as drops. This is completely unfair and I feel that they did not scrap the idea of paid enchant upgrades - they only moved the costs to something that is required, yet is essentially unobtainable in game in a reasonable amount of time for the amount needed.

In the 17 days of M2, I have gotten 2 blue and 1 purple Marks of Potency (which was a lucky roll from VT - the only one I've seen drop). I've been doing the DR dailies on 5 characters every day, and Sharandar on 2. I've completed over 30 Epic dungeons (looting every chest and at least some skill nodes in each). This is a completely unreasonably low droprate.
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    On the test forums a Dev stated that the goal was that people would find the needed reagents as they played and shouldn't need to buy them.

Obviously the drop rates aren't even close to that.
    edited December 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    On the test forums a Dev stated that the goal was that people would find the needed reagents as they played and shouldn't need to buy them.

Obviously the drop rates aren't even close to that.

Do you have the link to that quote?
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516571-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Refinement-System&p=6406541&viewfull=1#post6406541

"The intent is that enough of these will be dropping in the world (from skill nodes and bosses, mostly) that you won't need or want to buy them from the AD store, but we want to have the option there to ensure that you'll always have access to them."
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?516571-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Feedback-Thread-Refinement-System&p=6406541&viewfull=1#post6406541

"The intent is that enough of these will be dropping in the world (from skill nodes and bosses, mostly) that you won't need or want to buy them from the AD store, but we want to have the option there to ensure that you'll always have access to them."

Note that not buying from the AD store doesn''t mean you won't need to buy them from the AH.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Note that not buying from the AD store doesn''t mean you won't need to buy them from the AH.

True, but it sort of does suggest that they could be expected to be cheaper in the AH than in the AD store.
    If more dropped they would be.

Sellers first have to get beyond their own need- most of them probably would like to upgrade their own enchants. A blue Mark of Potency is what- 25K ad on the store? But last time I looked (several days ago,) they were on the AH for like 4 times that much. That's silly. Enchants were the reverse, pre-mod2. A low level enchant on the AD store was several thousand AD. The same enchant on the AH cost less than a 10th as much.

You don't need to buy them from the AH, as they are cheaper on the AD store. But you -should- need to buy them on the AH, same as people used to do Coal Wards, unless you want to go farm them yourself.. assuming that's even a reasonable option.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • msalignedmsaligned Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For me, a casual part time player this is a total fail. I have no idea what I am even looking for, can no longer refine, upgrade any enhancement. Not sure I have ever completed any epic dungeon if that is a requirement I'm done, and most people will not accept me anyway, since my gs is only 9700. Don't have that much in ADs and am not going to purchase them.
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    msaligned wrote: »
    For me, a casual part time player this is a total fail. I have no idea what I am even looking for, can no longer refine, upgrade any enhancement. Not sure I have ever completed any epic dungeon if that is a requirement I'm done, and most people will not accept me anyway, since my gs is only 9700. Don't have that much in ADs and am not going to purchase them.

This is spot on! Getting whites and green lesser marks out of level 60 areas is very unreasonable. There is not a large enough drop rate to even try to avoid the bazaar, and Cryptic knows that. They also know you have to do some enchanting to have minimum gear scores for dungeons, so either you buck up and play their game or you give up and play your own.

Actually, with how convoluted boss fights are, I try to avoid dungeons. They are such a timewaster for what you get, even in a delve. A chance in 5 for a purple you are likely going to salvage or auction as you have better. Dread Ring may be a different story, but we'll see when we get there.

Having to do epics for a chance at a mid-range mark is wrong. With what you get levelling up you are already able to benefit from rank 5's in your 40's. I guess they figure we'll just buy what we need, but with what, since rank 1-4 will cost too?
    edited December 2013
    ulkaur wrote: »
    This is spot on! Getting whites and green lesser marks out of level 60 areas is very unreasonable. There is not a large enough drop rate to even try to avoid the bazaar, and Cryptic knows that. They also know you have to do some enchanting to have minimum gear scores for dungeons, so either you buck up and play their game or you give up and play your own.

I know a new GWF alt of mine passed the 8.3 GS score for Tier 2 Dungeons just with the 100 AD (tier 2) blues and rank 4s in every socket. I am pretty sure this is doable for GF as well, not sure about the other classes since GF and GWF have feats which boost their stats. Certainly though any class can hit the 5700/6800 GS scores with ease at a trivial AD cost and rank 4s which drop from level 60 content. Given you can, within a couple of weeks of work get the first two campaign boons, that is another 875ish points of GS right there (unless I am mistaken about boons increasing GS).

Not that all your other points aren't valid, but hitting the minimum GS for Tier 1 and 2 dungeons (and even being able to successfully clear the easier ones in each set) isn't an issue.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    msaligned wrote: »

if you're upgrading an artifact/enchantment/enhancement/runestone, the refinement window shows you what reagents you need. all you need to do is put your mouse pointer over it.

and the term "casual gamer" is a subjective term. some people call themselves casual for different reasons. i don't think there's a single definition that would cover it entirely.

but that said, reagents can be found by playing the game. i have loads of them. and i'd consider myself to be a fairly casual player. and blue marks of power have gone down significantly in the AH since m2 launch. i think they're now around 48k where they used to be around 200k. to me, that says they're dropping somewhere.
  • acayasacayas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if you're upgrading an artifact/enchantment/enhancement/runestone, the refinement window shows you what reagents you need. all you need to do is put your mouse pointer over it.

but that said, reagents can be found by playing the game. i have loads of them. and i'd consider myself to be a fairly casual player. and blue marks of power have gone down significantly in the AH since m2 launch. i think they're now around 48k where they used to be around 200k. to me, that says they're dropping somewhere.

msaligned didn't mean it by word but literaly.

Of course all the stuff is dropping somewhere. And here is the crucial point. First of all the "where to find them". Epic dungeons for me are useless because my group isn't big enough and filling up with randoms was till now allways an epic fail. Also the drop rate is much too low as pointed out. I am everyday at the dread ring and had only two blue refinement drops "aquamarins".

My inventory is constantly filling up by hundreds of green T3/4 enchantments/runes I couldn't use for anything because everything is already waiting for the blue marks of potency. I would be joyfull if even one would be dropping but a full gear needs 12 or 24 of them not calculating a refinement fail.
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    but that said, reagents can be found by playing the game. i have loads of them. and i'd consider myself to be a fairly casual player.

Are you talking about the blue (marks of potency) or the greens/purples?

Because AFAIK the blues have the worst drop rate.....
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They should make them more common because I've only ever had 2 drop from skill nodes since the release of module 2.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The so called bag space they say we saved is now once again cluttered with unstackable runes and enchants needing blue marks. Not to mention reagents I cant use to refine because using them wastes RP needed to upgrade some of them.

Is there a forum link that shows the RP values of each enchant and runestone used in like enchants and runestones and values using them in different ones?

For example if I use a rank one gold in a rank one gold I think its 10 RP however if I use it in a different enchant or rune its worth 5 RP.

I know there is a link somewhat showing the refining process, but its seriously lacking in explaining the entire process and costs.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same ranks have same point values across the board, but matching color enchantments double their points (i.e. using gold to refine gold, in your example it goes from 5 to 10).
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in concordance with precedence, we will be closing this thread as it only serves to provide an avenue for flaming. we will be getting with the community managers to discuss how we can provide an avenue without the constant need to moderate after the holiday. for the time being, this and all active discussions concerning the refinement system, coffer of augmentations changes post m2 and alleged drop rates will be locked until further notice. thank you.
This discussion has been closed.