test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VT kill video - somewhat clean.

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Thanks to frozzt, a budding CW for recording this video. Thought I would share our kill/method since the only ones i have seen are rather... messy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8o9laThMRM&feature=youtu.be

it wasnt perfect, we missed 1 casket at the end - hence somewhat clean :P or near perfect. But i post this to just show that there does not require any setup for this fight, only some coordination. We did not use voice chat for this fight either, just designated zones and make sure everyone listens to her voice que before grab.

DC -Atzell
HR - Punt speedcheck
HR - Eli
CW - Frosty the wiz
CW - Darque malecti (me)

Done this with GFs, trs and gwf. Setup doesnt make much difference apart from speed of kill, its most important to have people who know how to run during ghost phase :).

Its just important to make sure all 5 (including cleric) has a zone to take care of, keeping the hands/caskets seperate is quite important. Final phase is simple because there are not hands/grasp, people just need to move to their zone and click 3 caskets each.

100% - burn
80% - run from ghosts
80% - get hands twice, then casket positions, repeat.
50% - She starts force choking people, keep hp above 80%, hug cleric (no caskets until 40%)
40% - 8 casket spawns, ease off dps before triggering this if you think you will get hands soon (wasnt nessecary for us)
20% - run from more ghosts
20% - run to positions, get ready for immediate caskets. burn boss, move to caskets 2nd time, finish her (or do a 3rd time if you have GFs/low dps).
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    DC
    HR
    HR
    CW
    CW

May be someday they will create a dungeon where the rest will be needed.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »

ive done this prior to this video with GF,GWF,TR,CW,DC.

stop whining. its actually more troublesome with 4 squishies.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I should be getting my key today. I finally decided to pull the trigger on it, after onyl running MC 6, maybe 7 times total. Definitely not worth what you had to pay for the key.

hoping to do VT a bit more often, and a video + instructions like this is a nice and helpful insight into what to expect. I won't be laying down crit numbers that high =P, but still, very helpful stuff. Thank you.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

Agreed. It just takes a group of players able to click caskets.
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Every video of this fight I watch seems strange to me, whenever I've done this fight Valindra always uses hands and summons much more often.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Finished this dungeon legit my first time through no deaths no wipes with 2xGWF 2xCW and dc. Trying to get a 4xGWF 1 dc run in this week, will ask someone to record it
  • Options
    vahlenxvahlenx Banned Users Posts: 33
    edited December 2013

Don't worry, this guy is one of the standard GWF's that has no clue how to gear/spec properly...........he whines in every HR/CW thread cuz dodging red stuff is huuuuurd for him.
  • Options
    brodyhoule1brodyhoule1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quite honestly, I thought this dungeon would be a bit harder by the GS requirement. I haven't been in it myself, but the final boss fight looks fairly easy in my opinion. It also looks like GWFs are semi-useful for the final fight because of them being able to sprint from casket to casket without dodge delays. Can't wait til I get to try it out tomorrow!
    My name is Tank, and I will not die.
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Very nice job. Loved the video :)
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Make a video.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Make a video.

I've done it with TR, TR, GWF, CW, DC, then with GWFx2, TR, CW, DC, and with CWx2, GWFx2, DC. The more GWFs you have the better for last boss and Trs are awesome as well, while my CW had a bad time in all of the fights and rarely made it to the end.

I'll do a video the next time I do it as solo CW, since I'm sure the main issue here is that there were 2 CWs, OMG, again so very powerful and so very desired, while poor melees had no place. It might have to wait for a while since for now nobody is interested in this type of VT runs, for obvious reasons...
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Just try the dungeon yourself. You will see that this is one dungeon where being a CW is actually a bit of a liability, because they are (a) slow and (b) squishy.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Just try the dungeon yourself. You will see that this is one dungeon where being a CW is actually a bit of a liability, because they are (a) slow and (b) squishy.

I don't play this. After finishing 50+ dungeons and not getting a blue mark, after trying to do legit VT run wasting hours trying to find people at the PE (and those sets and weapons suck), after gearing all characters I wanted to 13-15k GS so I either kill everything in PvP scoring 30/0 or getting melted by 5 man premade, I have no fan in this game. Just waiting till VT is fixed so there will be no more LFM DC, CW, HR VT 10k+ and I will actually try it.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just did 4xGWF 1xDC VT legit run. 1 GWF crashed and couldn't login for the majority of the trash clearing so up until almost valindra it was 3xGWF 1DC.

no video but we'll get someone to record next time.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the method. Got our first all guild clean kill using it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    yuvielyuviel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did it yesterday for the first time with GF/GWF/2xCW/DC (me being the GF).

The fight is not that hard and does not require any setup. Its all about coordination - click caskets in the right time, kill hands or wait for hands to appear before getting to caskets phase, on the running phase players need to be in good places. Im quite sure it can be done with any combination of classes (you just need at least one DC).

I actually like the mechanics alot, since its more of a skill check, than gear check.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yuviel wrote: »
    Did it yesterday for the first time with GF/GWF/2xCW/DC (me being the GF).

The fight is not that hard and does not require any setup. Its all about coordination - click caskets in the right time, kill hands or wait for hands to appear before getting to caskets phase, on the running phase players need to be in good places. Im quite sure it can be done with any combination of classes (you just need at least one DC).

I actually like the mechanics alot, since its more of a skill check, than gear check.

Where's the skill part?

Clicking on caskets in a certain zone?
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would generally consider situational awareness & coordinated efforts as well as knowing when to do what to be skill in an MMO....especially since so many can do none of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I would generally consider situational awareness & coordinated efforts as well as knowing when to do what to be skill in an MMO....especially since so many can do none of that.

Well I have to agree with situational awareness and coordinated efforts. However this is still very simplistic and lacking in mechanics for the "hardest" dungeon out there, not to mention that your punishment for not clicking is "more mobs, more red".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Heyya grimah :)

I just dropped by to say thanks for the method. I did today VT, my 5th legit kill. Each of the first 4 kills were with the "ignore adds at end" method; we tried it today as well, but we wiped 3 times.

Then we decided to still click caskets in our established zone, basically 3 each, and we killed it without any adds being summoned in the last phase. 2 persons were first timers in VT I believe (but good players). With casket clicking, all chaos and fight to survive at the end were gone, we were just able to do our jobs without struggling to survive 10 AoEing mobs and targeting Val through all of them. I'd say the "rush" method of ignoring caskets should only be attempted when the party is very very geared and able to survive long enough through bruteforcing the encounter.

I also wanted to fraps the kill, but we had 2 CWs/GWF/TR/DC and I felt people will still be unsatisfied cause of the CW "stacking"... maybe next time when I will be alone as a CW :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Did this dungeon the other day with gf, (me)gwf, tr, and 2x dc. in this setup it was easier to click caskets during 3rd phase than brute force through it, but we downed her on first attempt and did multiple runs during dd.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    glad it helped.

I ran this recently as a HR, and i have to say.... gawd this fight is not very ideal for that class. doable ofc though.

also i suggest any GF to use knights challenge unless they are super squish, works wonders.