test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mark price in AH

imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have noticed that some players selling mark of potency for 50k to 70k AD but it's worth only 25k if you buy it from Wondrous bazaar also lesser mark of potency worth 8k AD in AH but it's worth 500AD I'm just confused here who gonna buy it from them and why they selling it for that high price is they really gonna fool someone the player who will buy this is absolutely stupid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by imm0rtalboy on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    People who don't pay attention will buy it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately there's always going to be some people that don't know better. Some probably don't even know what the bazaar is...
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited December 2013
    Some people don't even bother about investing how the refining system works. I can't be bothered by selling items overprized to people who lack investing their own in how a system works.

I have this one rule; I do not buy what I do not know where it comes from. Some people spend 65k AD to RP while they can get 2-4x as much RP for less AD.

Hey, it ain't my concern that people are that stupid (sorry, and no fense).
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Marks and refinement system are not the only things people don't inform themselves about. There are always threads on the forum where people rage about stuff they know nothing about.
    I've been posting in different threads and telling people not to buy Marks form the Auction House and inform themselves before doing anything that involves refining. People just prefer to cry for the old system to be brought back than take a minute and learn about the new system.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't see a problem. I imagine these are the same people who buy a $250 laptop for $600 or have a $60/month phone contract that's the same as the $25/month one from the same supplier. Herps gonna derp.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I personally facepalm at myself when I'm in the middle of the field, get an enchantment fully RP'd and ready to upgrade and, without thikning, I go to the wondrous bazaar on the top menu and just buy one instead of opening up the broker and getting one for cheaper (most often). Kind of the exact opposite problem here -_-'.

But yeah. Price gouging -thumbs up- its part of the capitalist way sometimes /partial sarcasm implied.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    This reminds me of my days in Star Wars: The Old Republic. I used to craft low-level crystals, check the AH how much they were worth, and sell them for a bit less. I made a small fortune in less than a week. Most people are idiots and pay just about anything if there's something they want. If it's cheap, they buy it even if they don't want it. :)
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing happens with lots of stuff on the AH. Players get careless or lazy. And other players take advantage of it.

Some examples: People constantly put Zen shop companions up for more than it would cost to use the exchange and buy them. Heck, I often see companions that the vendors sell for AD up on the AH for more than the vendor cost. Another thing is ID scrolls. Don't see it as often anymore, but they use to sell on the AH for more than the Wondrous Bazaar price. And people would buy them too. I have a habit of just undercutting the lowest bulk offer. Doing that once, I sold several stacks of ID scrolls at twice the vendor cost before I even realized it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. If I get a whole bunch of scrolls that I don't need I put them in the AH. I just set them at a lower price than the one that's lowest at that moment, and sometimes they sell for ridiculous prices.
    The thing I do when I need to buy something from the AH; I look through the AH for a few days and see how the prices change. Depending on the supply, you can save a few hundred thousands AD, because if an item is rare enough for a day or two, people will overprice the hell out of that item. But some players (I think especially young ones) get very impatient, very fast.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    dildronicusdildronicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Don't see a problem. Herps gonna derp.

And greedy low-life no morals twerps gonna slurp da herp derp.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And greedy low-life no morals twerps gonna slurp.

I'm not selling them. Most of what I sell on the AH is gear(or lesser fey enchants). However you are correct, where stupidity flourishes, so to do people to take advantage of that stupidity.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    dildronicusdildronicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I'm not selling them. Most of what I sell on the AH is gear(or lesser fey enchants). However you are correct, where stupidity flourishes, so to do people to take advantage of that stupidity.

Exactly. Although there is a difference between stupidity and ignorance, ignorance being what is going on I think more often with new players falling for the these over priced goods on AH. Still doesn't make it right.
    I didn't mean to imply that you were one of those loosers. The rhyme just came to me when I read your remarks:o
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah the wonders of a free market! Like the stacks of 99 enchants, 200,000+ AD! I can get close to 20-30 of each on just a stroll through the three areas of Sharandar, but someone, somewhere will buy them.

P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute."
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tornnomar wrote: »
    Ah the wonders of a free market! Like the stacks of 99 enchants, 200,000+ AD! I can get close to 20-30 of each on just a stroll through the three areas of Sharandar, but someone, somewhere will buy them.

P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Not necessarily stupidity, it could be RMTs transferring AD to customers....