test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I <3 my Panther !

labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm tired of all the H8 , the panther is a fine companion. I dont even have combat runes in mine and she is fine. I use a training 3 and 5 and an eldritch 5 in the def slot.
Its a very tanky companion . Maybe because I'm a GWF , but she can hold agro while I run around . I use a dog when she is training , he is fine but nowhere as survivable as her. I used the cleric companion in BW2-4 and the panther is way better .

So please don't change her . She works great with a GWF .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    abhijitaabhijita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    I got my panther to level 22 and one day I got bored so I was fooling around with my panther skins and I dunno if its me or what but I swear all three skins look the same to me. Before you say it could be my graphic settings I play the game with everything cranked to the max so I know it's not that. I'm just wondering if they were pressed for time in getting out some areas of the game in the beginning and they bothered to finish the other two skins. I even even figure it could be a size thing. You know when young they're smaller, as they level they get stronger and a bit older so of course they grow a bit more but I sized it up with several things around by aligning it against some objects in the game. So far all three skins the size remains the same as well. I'm wonder what the final skin will look like. If it looks like all the others it would kinda suck but I still will use it cause to me it's still one of the more cooler epic companions in the game.
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    It's not that the panther is bad. The problem I have with it is that it leads with it's pounce, which is a problem because the cast time is so long that it's target is dead before it goes off. So for the first couple seconds of each fight, the panther crouches doing nothing, then attacks something that's already dead before it starts being useful. When fights last 2-6 seconds, sitting there doing nothing for 2-3 seconds is kind of a big deal. At least if it did a different attack first, it would be in combat, creating some aggro, distracting enemies, etc.

When I used it leveling up (before the sylph released), it was a useful companion if I was going into a fight while it's pounce was still on cooldown, but that was rare, or if it was a fight against something tougher that was still around when it finally pounced.

I haven't used the panther in months, so if that's already been fixed, that'd be good news. Since I got my sylph, she's been my companion for my leveling characters because she doesn't take as long to start fighting, provides stuns. gives decent damage (for a companion) and she tries to stay near me so she ends up moving out of red more often than other companions.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even with my GWF, the panther is the least useful combat companion. The Vicious Dire Wolf is far and away much more effective for me in every respect. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but given the HotN pack vs. the Guardian pack, it is very disappointing that the ostensibly higher end companion is so much weaker.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Granted, I did not read the post. But I still have to ask. It seems like an obvious statement. http://blackpantheranimal.com/black-panther-size.php according to this site, a black Jaguar ranges between .68m upwards foot to shoulder. That would mean that 3 stacked ontop of each other would be 2m 4cm. Which is something like 6feet 8inches (maby wrong. But the imperial system stems from a period when church knew the moon to be made of brie, so who cares).

I am a tall viking. And I am 1.91. Unless you are born in a place of giants, how is it that a statement saying you are smaller than 3 panthers is of any suprise to anyone?

OOOOOoooo, you meant "heart" as in love. Something we old people like to refer to as a "word". You where using "symbols" and "numbers", but was painting a "ascii picture", or by popular slang "emote". Sorry, I am getting old in my late 20's. And apparently I am prone to master supression techniques as well. Byeee
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Granted, I did not read the post. But I still have to ask. It seems like an obvious statement. http://blackpantheranimal.com/black-panther-size.php according to this site, a black Jaguar ranges between .68m upwards foot to shoulder. That would mean that 3 stacked ontop of each other would be 2m 4cm. Which is something like 6feet 8inches (maby wrong. But the imperial system stems from a period when church knew the moon to be made of brie, so who cares).

I am a tall viking. And I am 1.91. Unless you are born in a place of giants, how is it that a statement saying you are smaller than 3 panthers is of any suprise to anyone?

OOOOOoooo, you meant "heart" as in love. Something we old people like to refer to as a "word". You where using "symbols" and "numbers", but was painting a "ascii picture", or by popular slang "emote". Sorry, I am getting old in my late 20's. And apparently I am prone to master supression techniques as well. Byeee

Now, you see, I read that as a pointy hat over a pair of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. So translated it as I Witch-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> my Panther. This seemed a slightly odd thing to say, so I am rather glad that I was mistaken............

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree with Indolo, the Panther would be a great combat companion if they just sped up the animations a bit, it's quite tough and does decent damage, and looks ssoooo cool, but it's a bit slow to get moving ...

As for skins, I've leveled mine to 30 and the only real difference is maybe a very slight change in the "fur" texture, but mostly it's just size! The **** thing is nearly as big as my horse! Roughly the same size as one of the cat mounts.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    ravenlock99ravenlock99 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I love my panther too, but he still needs an upgrade. Definitely needs to get into combat faster at the minimum.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only character I use the panther with is my DC simply for the knockback ability which usually leaves (mostly) one less mob hitting me.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    O.K.
    Just tried out the Sword Coast Adventures (admittedly didn't get far before Maintenance caught me) and a LvL 30 Panther absolutly RULES in that game. So if you like that, yea Panthers!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree about the delay, definitely.
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    It's not gonna change. We've been complaining about it since it came out, and the panther keeps getting ignored when the problem with it isn't that complicated. Have it lead with a different attack, or rebalance pounce to allow for a shorter activation (much more ideal). It's sad that so many of us that spent $200 ended up wishing we'd gotten the cheaper dire wolf instead.