test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moon Elves

shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to play a Moon Elf but I don't want to pay the same amount of money I would for a new video game for items I don't really want to just get Moon Elves. Maybe make it so we can purchase just the Moon Elves by themselves for maybe ten or twenty bucks?
Though in my opinion Sun Elves should of been the premium race and Moon Elves the free to play because that would of just fit so much better with DnD lore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The devs have stated before that races will generally be made available to all ~90 days after 'early' release. At least, they did with the drow. So, be patient, they'll likely end up as a F2P race.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    The devs have stated before that races will generally be made available to all ~90 days after 'early' release. At least, they did with the drow. So, be patient, they'll likely end up as a F2P race.

There is already a free version. Sun Elves are the free version and Moon Elves are the pay version.
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, kinda like the Drow. The Drow is for everyone, but I believe the special Drow is pay only. If I understand that correctly.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013

That is not how events regarding the Drow Race unfolded.
    In Neverwinter all paid races will have a free variant, or at least that is what we have been led to believe up to this point in time.
    So there are two varients of Drow:
    Free: Vanilla Drow
    Paid: Menzoberanzan Renegades

The Vanilla Drow race was always free but was not available to use at the time of the game's launch. The Drow Race which came with the Hero of the North Pack is a separate race altogether than the Vanilla Drow which all players may opt to use now.

Moon Elves and Sun Elves are "High Elven" races (Basically Toril's Unofficial Eladrin):
    Free: Sun Elves
    Paid: Moon Elves

There are no plans to make Moon Elves a free race at this time and it is unlikely to ever happen in the future. Both Sun Elves and Moon Elves fill the roll of the "High Elf/Eladrin" race. Moon Elves were, to the best of my knowledge, stated to be exclusive to Knights of the Feywild and it is unlikely that it will ever be sold separately at all let alone given away free of charge.

I am sorry I can't be the bearer of good news but I do hope I cleared up any misconceptions. :)
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sun elves (stat wise) are very similar to Moon elves. Both make excellent casters.

In general though, fey pack was nice, moon elf, unicorn, sylph, 600k, etc... it was pretty good purchase.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They didn't generally state that at all. They did promise that they would release another version of Drow after 60 days from release, which they did. So far as I know, Moon Elves are strictly for those that bought the pack.
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    There is already a free version. Sun Elves are the free version and Moon Elves are the pay version.

This isn't a free version of Moon Elves, as Sun Elves aren't Moon Elves. The OP is talking about Moon Elves, not Sun Elves.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    This isn't a free version of Moon Elves, as Sun Elves aren't Moon Elves. The OP is talking about Moon Elves, not Sun Elves.

True, there are two different types of "Elf" though Moon Elf(p2p) and Sun Elf(f2p).

Edit*

Just want to add that someone in a similar thread said that they were able to make a sun elf with typical moon elf coloration for rp reasons.
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    True, there are two different types of "Elf" though Moon Elf(p2p) and Sun Elf(f2p).

I expect that the desire to get Moon Elves outside of the pack is more related to role-play reasons than anything else, as I would argue that the Sun Elf one can get for free has a marginally better racial bonus for most classes.

However, to role-players, stat differences often pale in comparison to the subjective value of playing a particular race. Of course there is an easy solution to that, if one must absolutely play a Moon Elf... cough up the $60.
  • silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree 100% I would love to play a moon elf without having to pay $60 dollars. Not everyone has that kind of money, and many of us are having trouble with money due to the economy and such. At least it's not as bad as the ridiculous price for the Drow Renegade.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree 100% I would love to play a moon elf without having to pay $60 dollars. Not everyone has that kind of money, and many of us are having trouble with money due to the economy and such. At least it's not as bad as the ridiculous price for the Drow Renegade.

The difference between the drow and the renegade, are absolutely tiny in in game effects. And everyone gets drow for free.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The difference between the drow and the renegade, are absolutely tiny in in game effects. And everyone gets drow for free.

I concur with this. The same regarding the Sun/Moon Elves. I purchased those packs for the other items that came with them. The racials that were included with them were 'meh' for me. Other than a single trait the only other difference are cosmetic. For example, the Drow differences are a single trait and three facial tattoos. Everything else is the same as far as the actual character goes.