test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Crashing Issues 12/19

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Adventurers, some players might be experiencing issues with crashing. We are aware of these issues and we are working hard to resolve them as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update everyone once we learn more about a resolution.

Also, some players were experiencing issues with Gateway. We just pushed an update which should have fixed those issues. Doing so might have caused some players to be disconnected from Gateway. If you received that message, please reload the page and you should be able to connect again.

We'll be updating everyone here on the forums as well as Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile, if you have any other issues to report please do so here.

Thanks,
Dwight

Update 1: Error code 27954185 added to known issues list. Sent to the developement team for further review. Thanks to those who reported it, hopefully we'll have word about a fix soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Update 2: We're working on resolving the issues with crashing and hope to push a build later tonight. We'll update everyone once everything is official.
Update 3: Looks like we are pushing out a patch tonight to resolve the crashing issues. For more information about maintenance please head here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?559521-Scheduled-Maintenance-12-19-13-10PM-PST
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still getting Gateway unavailable due to Heavy Load all the time. Either things stop responding and i refresh -> this message or this message -> refresh lets me login -> post login immediately this message again
  • Options
    fatalityx321fatalityx321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crashing repeatedly between char select and loading into game, load gets ~35-40% then says Cryptic Studio's program has crashed w/ a crash report screen popping up shortly after. I've verified files many times, restarted CPU and network as well, nothing on my end seems to fix the issue.

Any status update yet?
  • Options
    wildthang2wildthang2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    having the same issue, but was able to play up until i tried to join blackrock terror(i think is the name the first instance) with my friends, upon loading in I crashed and the game said it was not able to transfer my character files.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Crashing repeatedly between char select and loading into game, load gets ~35-40% then says Cryptic Studio's program has crashed w/ a crash report screen popping up shortly after. I've verified files many times, restarted CPU and network as well, nothing on my end seems to fix the issue.

Any status update yet?

Nothing yet, but if you can provide us with the errortracker number (the number that appears in the crash report window) we can further investigate the issue for you. You can also send in a support ticket with the same information as well.
  • Options
    arbelacarbelac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I crashed with my main in the middle of doing the Twilight Race, and now if I try to log him in again it immediately crashes. My other characters not in the Winter Festival area appear to be unaffected.
  • Options
    nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    if u really want to play the game and stop it from crashing u should try to go on options in the launcher menu and select:"safe mode", game will run with very low settings but it stopped crashing for me
  • Options
    piglettapigletta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crashed time after time while loading Winter Festival,i give up.Here is the error 27954185 .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crashing when trying to go into Dread Ring, Error ID: 27954185 when I try to reload that character.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    if u really want to play the game and stop it from crashing u should try to go on options in the launcher menu and select:"safe mode", game will run with very low settings but it stopped crashing for me

I have tried safe mode. It did not work in my case.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    For anyone expereieincing crashes. Please include the errortracker number (the number that appears in the crash report window) as it will help the devs resolve the issues.

Thanks,
    Dwight
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Until things are fixed, would it be possible to bounce the characters stuck in the Dread Ring out of that zone, so that they could be played in other areas of the game?
  • Options
    nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    when i was crashing i wasnt getting the cryptic crash report window, game was freezing while loading chars (30-40%) and i had to close it, thats it, no crashing report, but i didnt go to the new winter zone or races,was my first time in the day logging in and i couldnt log on 3 of my chars, never happened to me before, but safe mode resolved the problem for me
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Due to these issues, is it possible for the event to be extended? At this rate, Alot of characters are missing out on the start of the event. And knowing how the rewards are tight on what you can get in the event's time, it could prevent people from attaining things they else wise would have had if not for this issue.
  • Options
    arbelacarbelac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    For anyone expereieincing crashes. Please include the errortracker number (the number that appears in the crash report window) as it will help the devs resolve the issues.

Thanks,
    Dwight

I'm crashing with Error Ticket ID 27954185.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same here... tried to load my main character, human gwf with 4 pieces of aqvatar of war set...

Error ticket ID : 27954185
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    apparently my neverwinter install is now bugged.

tried to load a separate character..
    got appx 40% thru the load character screen.. BAM.. crash..

same error ticket ID : 27954185
  • Options
    raysonlwsraysonlws Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I also crash while entering the Dread ring, character selected, but cannot enter the map

error ticket ID : 27954185
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here is my Crash work around I posted it in the general but it may be of help here too.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?559391-Crash-Workaround-at-least-for-me

Okay like others I crashed during the race. Also crashed trying to enter PvP.

Tried to log in a couple of times and crashed back to desktop.

Here is what I did to be able to log back in. I am not sure which fixed it. Here are the steps I used.

1. Since it detected the error it wanted to verify the files. I did that.

2. On the launcher I clicked options and selected safe mode.

3. Clicked play.

4. On the character select screen Click options.

5. Click the video tab.

6. First option allows you to select dx11 or dx9. Select dx9. Click Apply.

7. Select the character that crashed.

8. Log in.

When I did all that it allowed me to log back and I was still in the race and was able to complete it.

9. Finish race.

10. Log out. Then log back in. You might need to click options on the launcher and check full screen.

Anyhow that is what I did and it worked.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    arbelac wrote: »
    I crashed with my main in the middle of doing the Twilight Race, and now if I try to log him in again it immediately crashes. My other characters not in the Winter Festival area appear to be unaffected.

I had the exactly same problem, but then I crashed with another char in an area chaging over sharandar and now I cant play with it either...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    baeyorn wrote: »
    same here... tried to load my main character, human gwf with 4 pieces of aqvatar of war set...

Error ticket ID : 27954185

Thanks for the info. We had multiple people report this as well. This information has been sent to the dev team. Hopefully we'll have a resolution at some point today.

Thanks,
    Dwight
  • Options
    capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Error 27954185 for me too, on most toons when I try to log on
  • Options
    fatalityx321fatalityx321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Nothing yet, but if you can provide us with the errortracker number (the number that appears in the crash report window) we can further investigate the issue for you. You can also send in a support ticket with the same information as well.

Errortracker#:27954185 , as requested.
  • Options
    sendabag69sendabag69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am also getting error code error ticket ID : 27954185

I haven't had any problems with the game up to this point and the only thing that has changed since I logged in 10hrs ago was this new patch...wtf is going on!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    sendabag69 wrote: »
    I am also getting error code error ticket ID : 27954185

I haven't had any problems with the game up to this point and the only thing that has changed since I logged in 10hrs ago was this new patch...wtf is going on!!!!!

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're going to push a new patch later tonight that should resolve these issues.
This discussion has been closed.