test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW PvE Build

colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
edited December 2013 in The Library
Wondering how I should b build my CW to be as useful in PvE as possible. I haven't played since before Mod1, so I'm used to spamming Singularity and mobs never touching the ground (which was amazing), but I'm open to change. Just wondering how I should build my CW to serve as much of a purpose in dungeons as possible. Be it DPS, control or a mixture of both, I want my CW to feel useful.
Post edited by colluzion on

Comments

• Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The AP spam is pretty much gone. The only encounter that still generates good AP is Steal Time.
    Grimah has been updating his build which is listed on the first page. Most CWs are running some Thaum variant these days.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Running Thaum/Fire for endgame PvE, it's really effective. Thaum/spellstorm is similar and really good.

Since HR can out DPS CWs, I think the burst CW is a dying breed. Renegade is overrated at the moment.

So I'd recommend going Thaum/Spellstorm/HV or Thaum/Fire/SW, then run terror or plaguefire for your weapon enchant.

Most common bar is Conduit/Shard/Icy Terrian/Steal Time. Entangle AP gain is gone, and shield is basically useless now.

As for jewelry, I'm using the MC set because i get the offense stats i need. I think regen/lifesteal is the way to go. I don't really need heals anymore.
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    I'm fairly certain I don't need any gear. I'm still outfitted with essentially the best stuff, from 2x CN to HV set. Just wondering how the builds work, and whether or not I should try progressing on my CW.