test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extremely slow patching 12/19/2013

shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Is anyone else getting extremely slow patching?

For example I was fine at the strat of the patch, updating fast as usual, then it slows to a belly crawl at around 15% - im just hit 17% after some 20 minutes. Normally, Patching would take about 20-45 minutes, in total, to complete. Module 2 I was all patched/updated around 30 minutes.
There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
Post edited by shiralac on

Comments

• Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone else experiencing excruciatingly slow patch on what should be high-speed connections?
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yup yes indeed
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm seeing that too, and I have to leave for bloody work in fifteen minutes tops...my patches usually run in 10 minutes or less, dammit.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, it's going slow. It may be due to being so soon after an event patch and a population burst due to the Ranger release. Or it could be something else entirely. It is a bit of a bother.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm at work (shh!), and the Gateway is down due to "heavy load" - so if a few thousand of you could shut down, that'd be great... </Lumberg>
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mine is also running a bit on the slow side. As long as it keeps going...I've had patches that seemed to time out and I had to restart them several times :/
  • Options
    shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok PW. The hamsters have apparently had it. Time to upgrade their pay scale so they can get the Gateway running for all and get the patch done! Bargain basement sunflower seeds are NOT gonna cut it anymore!
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here slow patching
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Launcher just crashed and now i have to start again. :mad:
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    ragnarcrlsnragnarcrlsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mine is so slow I did a bunch of extra stuff to pass some time, then after running out of that, I thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone else is having this problem?"

Sure enough...
    cdnbison wrote: »
    I'm at work (shh!), and the Gateway is down due to "heavy load" - so if a few thousand of you could shut down, that'd be great... </Lumberg>
    And I'm going to need you to come in on Sunday too, mmkay?
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shiralac wrote: »
    Launcher just crashed and now i have to start again. :mad:

Its not just the launcher. Everyone in PE was getting disconnected at once. Happened to me 3 times before I decided to do something else a bit. On the plus side, usually the launcher picks up from where it left off. The % will start back at 0, but the new percent is of how much you haven't already downloaded.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mostly ok speed for me, but it's 20-30 minutes after 9am now. :)
    Then we'll see if I'll be able to load/get into the actual game, heh. Sometimes I give up on that for an hour or two, after anticipated patches. Crossing my fingers.
  • Options
    cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They really need to have these things done in a pre-patch if at all possible. The download speeds are horrendous.
  • Options
    xczsftgddsssxczsftgddsss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slow is kinda fine but game crasing..