test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why were Fey Weapons removed from the Wondrous Bazaar?

dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't understand it, nothing suggested that they were supposed to be for a limited time only and there is no other source for them. So why remove them, Cryptic?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zhjonin76zhjonin76 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    they haven't really said anything about why, and you aren't the only one who wants to know. I'm just glad I had enough AD to go buy two of each weapon on each class I wanted them for (it was first announced in the patch notes for the preview server a day or two ago, it pays off sometimes to check those)
  • fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Edit: Nevermind, it seems as if they really were removed and not just moved to another place.
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thier removal is a bit disapointing and unexpected. Would of been nice for a bit of warning before they went away.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I expect it has to do with contrived rarity, akin to the switching out of lockboxes.

Perhaps they will be added to the zen shop, or re-released for a limited time only.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fantom3n wrote: »
    The notes state that they have been removed from THAT store. Not that it was removed completely.. to me that indicates they might be obtained elsewhere, possibly in Sharandar where they belong? I'll run and look as soon as I can get in.

No, they aren't available in any other store so removing them from the bazaar means they were completely removed.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Think they should have gone with "will be removed by (insert any date in the future)". Why? Not everybody reads the preview patch notes around the forum so quite a few should be caught by surprise.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It does seem strange to add a collection system to the game then two weeks later remove an item from the game without any notice for people who don't read the preview patch notes therefore making finishing the weapon collection impossible.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    It does seem strange to add a collection system to the game then two weeks later remove an item from the game without any notice for people who don't read the preview patch notes therefore making finishing the weapon collection impossible.

i think this is probably the strongest argument for restoring these items.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

That is the main reason why I'm disturbed by this change.
  • streea6streea6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So Fey Weapons on the wonderous bazaar,gone for good? Obtainable elsewhere?
    Lolth Tlu Malla!!! Jal Ultrinan Xah Xundus!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    streea6 wrote: »
    So Fey Weapons on the wonderous bazaar,gone for good? Obtainable elsewhere?

Removed completely , hopefully they will think about readding them for a couple of weeks so that collectors/completionists can buy them before they get taken away again.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I expect it has to do with contrived rarity, akin to the switching out of lockboxes.

Perhaps they will be added to the zen shop, or re-released for a limited time only.

Yeah, I'm in agreement. Resurgence sort of deal (like they did with lockboxes)
    contents to be decided
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If they made them available for a week every year starting on the anniversary of the feywild launch I wouldn't mind. Hopefully they will bring them back at some point.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

edited December 2013
    If they made them available for a week every year starting on the anniversary of the feywild launch I wouldn't mind. Hopefully they will bring them back at some point.

If they were going to do that, then it shouldn't be part of the collection system. It should be available 365 days out of the year.
  • kajusakkajusak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crashed at winter festival, id: 27954185
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey all - we identified an issue with the Fey Weapons and had to remove them. We're seeing if we can make them work to reintroduce them at a later time, or remove them from the Collections system entirely.

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all - we identified an issue with the Fey Weapons and had to remove them. We're seeing if we can make them work to reintroduce them at a later time, or remove them from the Collections system entirely.

Thanks!

Hey som! Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the update.
    contents to be decided
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks! Still not 100% but working on it. :)
    syka08 wrote: »
    Hey som! Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for the update.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!