test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Feedback from a returned player

ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Came back recently from D3 to scratch a PvP itch.

Started tinkering with the new artifacts, new content etc. Did a good bit of Pvp. When I had last played, I had been mostly a PvP oriented player on Mindflayer.

The thing that surprised me the most is that it seems as if somehow GWF got even harder to kill. As many others have stated, top end GWF with nice gear and purple artifacts seems to be easily able to stay alive fighting 3-4 players.

Ten changes to PvP I think could make it more fun, and even less bot-infested.

1. Remove artifact use from PvP or change to a system such as #6.
2. Allow for more and bigger maps.
3. Give us more (such as 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, 6v6 (Rainbow)) options that use the different maps in #2. Allow for more choices than capture the flag such as team deathmatch.
4. New achievement awards for PvP that allow those who really enjoy it to see some benefit besides glory/daily farm.
5. Remove AD benefit from PvP altogether. This removes the reason most (but not all) bots run PvP.
6. If not doing #1, make the glory purchased artifact PvP only and expand PvP artifacts in general to allow more choices that are not as gamebreaking in PvP. This would remove another reason bots/quitters are running PvP.
7. Make PvP only gear. Make this unlockable content that you can use as you acquire more PvP-specific achievements. This would coincide well with recent changes to equipment achievements. Make glory only able to purchase PvP benefits/rewards. This would remove the third and final reason bots/quitters run PvP. Quests like "Kill 40 players in 3 days" to achieve a quest where you get a piece of set gear seems pretty cool.
8. Generate a ranking system as to whether each player type is a: Killer, Defender, Support, Stealth, etc and make this come in to play when selecting from the queue. These different character headings could be unlockable as one achieves more PvP-specific awards. I.e. Gorath the rank 31 killer would not be faced off against Fred the rank 3 support.
9. Make more/different potions available for PvP. This allows for more variety which creates more tactics.
10. Allow a guild point system that lets guilds be ranked for skill.
Post edited by ifthir on

Comments

• armagawrdarmagawrd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont really know where to put this, but this thread seems appropriate as you're stating what I was about to say as point #1.

Remove artifact usage from pvp, entirely please..
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    well said.

The GWF buff is unneeded. And now everyone rolls a gwf for PVP just like the old time when everyone roll a TR because Luker+ stealth LB = 1 shot anything on sight, in short those things are op.