test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To those complaining about GWFs

tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
BOO HOO!

When the game first started we were the most useless class around for months! We leveled slower then everyone,we stunk to no end in PvP and everyone in a dungeon run could do our job better then us.

So now we have are few moments of fame! We suffered for it! Few whiny folks who think they are/were PvP gods are all up in arms .. I say again too bad! It is the GWFs time. I am sure next month everyone will find that new class to cry NERF about.Until then GWFs unite! Own all these fools in PvP, kill every last one of them, get out all of those pent up months where we stunk to no end. REJOICE and smash,maim,slice,dice,bash,charge,control a point while CWs try to choke you and laugh to yourself DAM this is fun! Whatch those TRs that used to so easily sneak up and kill you, now bounce off you like the hulking rage you are.

DO all this and have fun! because as i have said, im sure the time is gonna come when all the whining becomes to much for the devs to listen too anymore, and we stink again. Do not make excuses for our dominance right now, embrace the killing machine you are and get out there and do it!!!!

GWFs for GWFs stand tall!
Post edited by tybrus8 on

Comments

• filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There must be balance, otherwise what's the point of playing the game if you don't have chance. I met high GS GWF today in PvP and in some moments we were 3 players on him. I'm 12.5k vorpal CW and we couldn't kill him, 3vs1! PvP should never be about "one man army" - rock paper scissors lizard spock
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    filc wrote: »
    There must be balance, otherwise what's the point of playing the game if you don't have chance.

This.

I play GWF the most (admittedly just PvE really) and feel that any class beign unbalanced in either PvE or PvP just hurts the game.
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    translation: "i suffered at one point in this game so now you all must suffer"
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mod 2 has made the gear difference in PvP even worse. Even at 13-14k, my TR and CW can't solo kill a 17k IV-sent. However, at the same time, my 11k GWF hasn't got all that much problem tanking equal and slightly above her gear level.

On the flipside, a destroyer spec GWF is still relatively squishy...for now. I suspect that hybrid builds are becoming much more viable, at least for pug PvP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    OP obviously wasnt around since Closed beta or initial OB phase. GWF were epic in pvp from the get go. Leveled more slowly? Since when, my GWF leveled just fine.

The only downside of GWF is the fact theyre not very wanted for Dungeon runs, but that can also be said for GF/ or TR's...Side note PVE issues should not come into play for PVP issues, theyre seperate categories and should be dealt with seperate. The fact remains GWF, especially after the Module 2 release have become monsters in pvp. Balance has to be reached if you actually want people to stick around in game. Theres a reason I stopped playing GWF in pvp, when there isnt a challenge the game becomes boring. Bring things into balance and let me be challenged from someone else's skill, not because theyre on a broken class
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OP obviously wasnt around since Closed beta or initial OB phase. GWF were epic in pvp from the get go. Leveled more slowly? Since when, my GWF leveled just fine.

The only downside of GWF is the fact theyre not very wanted for Dungeon runs, but that can also be said for GF/ or TR's...Side note PVE issues should not come into play for PVP issues, theyre seperate categories and should be dealt with seperate. The fact remains GWF, especially after the Module 2 release have become monsters in pvp. Balance has to be reached if you actually want people to stick around in game. Theres a reason I stopped playing GWF in pvp, when there isnt a challenge the game becomes boring. Bring things into balance and let me be challenged from someone else's skill, not because theyre on a broken class

Problem is that you can't balance pve and pvp at the same time without all the class becoming exactly the same. GWF is in a good place right now in pve I think other than vt exploit groups. Nerfs for pvp would hurt pve and should never be done.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Problem is that you can't balance pve and pvp at the same time without all the class becoming exactly the same. GWF is in a good place right now in pve I think other than vt exploit groups. Nerfs for pvp would hurt pve and should never be done.

Why do people keep bringing up nerfs all the time?

Nerfs are a cheap "solution" chosen by untalented developers.

You don't just go nerf a class and take away their cool toys, that yourself gave to them earlier. You just go back to the drawing board and supply the rest of the deficient classes with similarly good tools.

Let's take a few examples:

What makes GWFs powerful in PvP? Well, it's a synergistic approach towards resilience, regeneration, with decent to good damage as well, while also having stuns, gap closers, escapes, and limited invulnerability. So they are pretty well stacked in both offense and defense when built "correctly". TRs are less resilient, but make up with an even better ability to escape and reset fights, combined with huge damage output and burst, much of it from stealth. Proper use of burst, ITC, stealth and passive defenses make for a good TR.

The other classes were not so lucky however. So, depending on the case, they might need:

- proper escape mechanics/abilities
    - more inherent resilience
    - more burst capability
    - limited invulnerability mechanics

And so on.

The devs need to go back and rethink this whole PvP thing and adjust where needed.

No need for nerfs whatsoever.
  • ironfist82ironfist82 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2013
    well said!
  • greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    i said many times... i have played all classes in pvp also...
    the only op class has allways been the fully dressed perma tr with perfect bilethorn
    just undead and kills you in 10 secs i will soon prove it with scores etc vs good players
  • eisrabe1902eisrabe1902 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    The GWF is designed as an ego-class. They don't synergy much with the party - that's why they are not so much wanted in PvE teams but also why they have a good right to be a bit stronger on themselves and dominate reckless 1 on 1 approaches!

And yet CW, TR & HR scale way better with high end equip and become the true killer machines at some point... so please stop crying that GWFs beat you in their comfort zone when the nature of your complaint is that you just envy his comfort zone being the blatant direct attack that your class as a justified drawback is NOT designed for.
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Why do people keep bringing up nerfs all the time?

Nerfs are a cheap "solution" chosen by untalented developers.

You don't just go nerf a class and take away their cool toys, that yourself gave to them earlier. You just go back to the drawing board and supply the rest of the deficient classes with similarly good tools.

Overworked and underpaid dev's take the simple time efficient solution of nerf that gets approved by the accountants. Actually it's not just dev's it's all businesses. Total rebalance takes more time, and time is money. Quick nerf bandaid is quicker, you don't have as many hours in it, and management and accounting will approve it. They won't approve total reworks, ever, in any company, unless the product has a safety concern and a government recalls it. Welcome to capitalism.
  • eisrabe1902eisrabe1902 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    (...) management and accounting will approve it. They won't approve total reworks, ever, in any company, unless the product has a safety concern and a government recalls it. Welcome to capitalism.

welcome to cynism
    edited December 2013
    welcome to cynism
    I'd call it realism based on previous actions by multiple companies.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

That is why you need different treatments for both parts of the game which is working (like other games show). PVE is build around bosses that have millions of hitpoints and adds that flood you in dozens. PVP is build around 5 players against your team and they have around 25k -30k hitpoints. Of course you cannot find the perfect middle to balance a class for every part of the game.

But you can change behaviours of classes, of abilities and items for PVP. Who says that an ability that crits for 25k in PVE must crit in PVP for 25k? Who says that someone that becomes immune in PVP by just hitting a button must become immune in PVP or has the same cooldowns on it? Who says that someone that receives a def buff in PVE by an ability has to receive a def buff in PVP when he uses the very same ability?

No one says that you have to make classes useless for PVE and nerf them, but that you have to look into each mechanic that is working fine for PVE but is majorly broken in PVP. Just to name one: Perma-stealth. There is no valid reason at all to have classes in PVP that can be invisible almost all the time. A rogue has other means to help himself. He does high damage, he has ITC, he has CC abilities like Smokebomb. This class is not helpless once you would remove perma-stealth from PVP but you would remove a lot of frustration for other players.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, well built GWF is OP. But so is TR (met some that could take half of my HP and still remain stealthed, and their execution is 1HKO), CWs (I've met quite a few that could pretty much perma control me and then 1 hit me with ice spears, and I've currently got 27k hp, 43% dr, 25% deflect on my iron vanguard sentinel gwf), not to mention that good HRs own me too, mostly because of the bugged pushback effect that goes through unstoppable and their bugged vines and self heal abilities. DC can be as tanky as any GWF and support team at the same time. GF can tank better than GWF. So in short, any class is OP if built for PvP and having high GS, enchants.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zvieris wrote: »
    Yeah, well built GWF is OP. But so is TR (met some that could take half of my HP and still remain stealthed, and their execution is 1HKO), CWs (I've met quite a few that could pretty much perma control me and then 1 hit me with ice spears, and I've currently got 27k hp, 43% dr, 25% deflect on my iron vanguard sentinel gwf), not to mention that good HRs own me too, mostly because of the bugged pushback effect that goes through unstoppable and their bugged vines and self heal abilities. DC can be as tanky as any GWF and support team at the same time. GF can tank better than GWF. So in short, any class is OP if built for PvP and having high GS, enchants.

I have to agree with this 100%. Its easy for non GWFs to say we're OP but how do you think GWFs feel when we unload everything we got including a daily on a cleric and we still die? Or when we spend 5 minutes battling a TR only to end up face down? Or when we get 1/2 shotted by a CW when we couldn't even get close enough to get 1 skill off? Or how about when a GF plays ping pong with us until we're dead?

Yes, no doubt about it, there are some crazy hard to kill GWFs out there but they do not represent the majority of the GWFs in the game. And the same goes for the other classes as well.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    Yes, no doubt about it, there are some crazy hard to kill GWFs out there but they do not represent the majority of the GWFs in the game. And the same goes for the other classes as well.

It's important to note, that in my post module 2 pvp sessions (lots of them, have around 17k glory atm), I didn't met single GWF, who was weak or easy to kill. They are beasts now and only tactics working is avoid, avoid, avoid ...

So from my point of view, these GWFs are representing majority in PvP.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    why do u cry about gwf, when i play my only character i sometimes use in pvp all gwf do is either run to me or fly away or are flat down on the ground xD probably havent met good ones but my character is trash geared without enchants :D
    Paladin Master Race
    edited December 2013
    burkaanc wrote: »
    why do u cry about gwf, when i play my only character i sometimes use in pvp all gwf do is either run to me or fly away or are flat down on the ground xD probably havent met good ones but my character is trash geared without enchants :D

No one is crying here. We are discussing balance.
    edited December 2013
    No one is crying here. We are discussing balance.

No you are discussing nerfing a class because of the inclusion of the abusive player gathering mechanic of pvp that should be removed from the game.
  • tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

Exactly! that's what i am talking about
    edited December 2013
    No you are discussing nerfing a class because of the inclusion of the abusive player gathering mechanic of pvp that should be removed from the game.

I don't see single nerf mentioned by anyone in this thread. And making balance does not have to be nerfing in all cases.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I do not have any vindictive feeling. but it strikes me a certain environment "two weights and two measures."

because of two or three builds of sentinel gwf reign in pvp, found himself tasteful removing more than half the firepower of the class as a whole, making it unpleasant to play in module1.

although, further improved the cw as a function of PvP, adding further to the superiority of the class in pve, where she always reigned absolute.

this was called "balance" ... Currently melee classes are expendable, the rogue lost his post of cw pet for ranger and dc was replaced by an artifact ... but the problem is gwf in pvp ...
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It's important to note, that in my post module 2 pvp sessions (lots of them, have around 17k glory atm), I didn't met single GWF, who was weak or easy to kill. They are beasts now and only tactics working is avoid, avoid, avoid ...

So from my point of view, these GWFs are representing majority in PvP.

I'm not sure what your class is, however I'm not finding that issue. Both in pre-60 as well as 60 pvp, GWFs are managable. Know their skills, know when to dodge. Use tools to stop them from hurting you while you hurt them. Are there ROFLPWN GWFs out there? Absolutely and when I run into them, I do the one thing I can do, stall them off point as long as possible for my team. However I've gotten plenty of kills against GWFs.
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your class is, however I'm not finding that issue. Both in pre-60 as well as 60 pvp, GWFs are managable. Know their skills, know when to dodge. Use tools to stop them from hurting you while you hurt them. Are there ROFLPWN GWFs out there? Absolutely and when I run into them, I do the one thing I can do, stall them off point as long as possible for my team. However I've gotten plenty of kills against GWFs.

I play all classes and I never said I can't kill them.