test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can some one link me Tank/ PVE GF Build ?

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Can some one link me TANK/ PVE GF Build ?

including feats/powers etc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    like how 2 build tankest of the tanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skycrystalskycrystal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm actually working on a build like that right now at request of some guildies :)
    I was originally just going to post it on the guild forums, but I'll post it here too, since there seems to be some interest.
    Xiryn - Iron Vanguard - Protector Guardian Fighter - 60
    Lyssa Nadir - Stormwarden - Archery Hunter Ranger - 60
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The best build has no forum topic at the moment. I use a high AP protector/tactitian hybrid for my Isa and Swordmaster. Slot Steel Defense and start spamming dailies for 5-sec immunities.

She is not yet fully geared, but I'll be aiming for 2/2 Fabled/Dread Ring and the new weapon set as well. Rest of the gear should stack health and regen as usual and since the augments now also transfer HP, such GFs are completely unkillable in PVE. We're talking about 40k+ HP with 50+/30+ Defense/Deflect, 1.5k Regen and a good portion LS. On top of that complete immunity 60-70% of the time. That's just absurd.

Be warned: In high-end PVE-parties suchs builds have no place, but you can probably guide pugs through any content.
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    the augments now also transfer HP

What? Patch notes say nothing.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    so any turtle builds huh ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    What? Patch notes say nothing.

Shadowmantle patch notes clearly show all Ioun companions can transfer their Max HP.

Previous patch notes (non-pure fix one) stated Cat companion can too.

It was also noted and even reported as a bug on Preview from weeks before (one of mine, in fact). Turns out it was fully intended.
  • Options
    arriarri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you want to be a turtle your best bet is probably going swordmaster with Steel Defense, Supremacy of Steel, Knight's Valor and all those other goodies that restore your guard meter. Other than that, you can't "turtle" as a guardian fighter. At the moment there aren't any guides to a SM GF though because everyone is still in their "eww swordmaster isn't iron vanguard!" phase.
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437251-Guardian-Fighter-Scrotobagins-Regen-Tank-amp-DPS-Builds

My Deflect/Regen build is a good balance between DPS & Tank. Also I'm now running Tactician instead of conqueror but ether or doesn't really matter it's all your preference.

Swordmaster also works but you lose the ability to AoE mark & mobility. So I still recommend sticking with Iron Vanguard.
  • Options
    maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    If you want utility:
    Go for Prot or Tactician.
    Try Into the Fray, Enforced Threat, and Knight's Valor, use Supremacy of Steel right before Knight's Valor, pop it when Knight's Valor ends.

On some runs like PK, you can run this setup.

On anothers like SP, i'd say replace Knight's Valor with that Encounter that replenishes guard and gives temporary HP, spam Enforced Threat and Into the Fray, and kite the adds while the party kills the boss.

Just think what you want to do for the party, and which skills allows you to do it better.

If you want damage, obviously go conqueror and pick stuff like Lunging Strike. But there's better classes for dealing damage.