test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wepons that lv up with your character?

ramza1816ramza1816 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey i been seeing low lv characters with purple weopns and armor that have no lv requirment and will lv up as that character lvs up i was wondering how do you get such items in the game is it with a high weponsmithing and armorsmithing or is it a rare drop in a dungeon?
Post edited by ramza1816 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Think they come from lockboxes, if you mean the "Ancient Mulhorand" ones. They are BoE, so you could also just buy them from the Auction House.
  • ramza1816ramza1816 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whats BoE? And what are the names of them again
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    They do indeed come from lockboxes.

They are called Ancient Mulhorand items and are indeed BoE (Bind on Equip) meaning they can be purchased from other players.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ramza1816 wrote: »
    Whats BoE? And what are the names of them again

BoE is "Bind on Equip" - this means you can transfer it to someone else, sell it into the auction house and do whatever you want with it *until* you equip it (actually use it or put it into your powers tray) - then it is bound to that character (locked-in).

BoP is Bind on Pickup- - meaning it's locked to your character the moment you claim it.

BoA is Bind on Account - it work like BoE - but you can only share it with your alts - not other people.

AW - Account Wide (such as Z-Store Companions [EDIT: Correction - I meant to say MOUNTS, not Companions]) are Account-Wide and can be claimed on any character (existing or future) from the Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.

As for the OP Question: you can purchase "Equipment Packs" in the Auction House (category: Keys and Lockboxes) - it is a box that will give you a random Epic (Purple) gear (or weapon) equivalent to your character's current skill level and level up with your character. Some of that gear is also already for sale in the AH, such as cloaks, etc.
  • vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    AW - Account Wide (such as Z-Store Companions) are Account-Wide and can be claimed on any character (existing or future) from the Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.

Zen-Store companions are Bind-on-Equip and not Account-Wide. Only the companions from Packs such as the Feywild-Pack or the new Shadowmantle-Pack (which can be bought in the Zen-Store) contain an Account-Wide companion. Mounts from the Zen-Store are Account-Wide, though.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Zen-Store companions are Bind-on-Equip and not Account-Wide. Only the companions from Packs such as the Feywild-Pack or the new Shadowmantle-Pack (which can be bought in the Zen-Store) contain an Account-Wide companion. Mounts from the Zen-Store are Account-Wide, though.

I wish the companions were account wide, double the price maybe for an account wide version of some of them.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, and the Mulhorand weapons are ruining the low lvl PvP. Lvl 10 toons running with PVorpals make it a real joke. Yes, they make it easier for PvE, but cmon, its like PvE was that hard....
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Companions are BoE, but mounts are account-bound. Yes, that means that if you buy a mount in the Zen-market with one character, every other character on the account get the companion for free. :) Wish we could get a free companion for everyone if we bought one in the Zen-marked, though. Right now we only get one, and if we delete the character who has it, it's gone forever. Silly solution, if you ask me.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You are correct, I meant to write in Mounts - but my fingers wrote Companions! LOL