test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions and Assets

dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I am starting on the professions and I am trying Alchemy, I have a crucible and mortar but when there is an option for to add assets to my task. It says I do not have any assets. The crucible and mortar both say they are for alchemy, what am I doing wrong?

TIA
It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
Post edited by dethsdezyn on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The other asset is the crafter, such as Apothecary or Mixologist in Alchemy. If you are doing a deep wilderness gathering or mass vitriol extraction, the allowed extra assets are more crafters, to speed up the task.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    One asset is always automatically used, so that would just leave your remaining asset to select. Note that the default asset-slot only allows one type of asset, it has to be one of the optional slots that you add your other assets.

Can I just check that you're trying to use one of the additional asset slots and not the default slot?
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One asset is always automatically used, so that would just leave your remaining asset to select. Note that the default asset-slot only allows one type of asset, it has to be one of the optional slots that you add your other assets.

Can I just check that you're trying to use one of the additional asset slots and not the default slot?

Yes under Optional, like when i was doing experiment 1 had slots for optional, i click it and it says I do not have any avail assets...yet the crucible and mortar show as available assets and they both list alchemy
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In order for tool assets to be selectable in the optional slot, there has to be multiple quality results. Without those there is no benefit to using tool assets so they aren't selectable. These are mostly reserved for rare tasks.
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    In order for tool assets to be selectable in the optional slot, there has to be multiple quality results. Without those there is no benefit to using tool assets so they aren't selectable. These are mostly reserved for rare tasks.

multiple quality results? hmm ok well then thats why i cant use them I guess, I will keep an eye out for them.

Thanks.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    multiple quality results? hmm ok well then thats why i cant use them I guess, I will keep an eye out for them.

Thanks.

Here is what it will look like when you do find them.

RuDECtQ.png

As you slot in the tools, the quality will increase. From 1-100%, as you increase the quality the chance of getting the tier 1 result will decrease as the chance of getting the tier 2 result increases until it hits 100%. Then from 101-200%, tier 2 now decreases as tier 3 starts to increase. It currently maxes out at 60% for tier 3 with all purple tools.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there are three types of alchemy assets. the mortar, the crucible and the philosopher's stone. different tasks require different assets.

while some tasks require the above listed, some are looking for more alchemists and not tools. adding more workers will speed up the duration of that specific task...
  • cerecdoctorcerecdoctor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yea, well I wish I had known this before I bought a Mortar with 1/3rd of my cash on hand. The game should indicate somewhere that the tools are not helpful at all for the beginning alchemist, just like an Axe or a Belt that is too high-level for me.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Using the "white" tools will get almost all the tasks done in any profession
    They cost either 50 silver or 1 gold +50 silver or you can even buy them in Auction House for AD

Using Green, blue and purple tools will give you more more of or a higher quality result, but are really expensive in the Auction House.

You have the chance of getting a green/blue/purple tool or professional from the Doomguide's Folly Quest reward in the Neverwinter Graveyard, around lv 24-30
    Otherwise, you have to come up with the AD or purchase a ZEN Professions Pack and hope you get lucky with the contents
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    Next to the asset slot on the task page, it lists the eligible types, like person or tool.

As said, most tasks only let you add additional people assets to reduce the time the tasks takes. The rare tasks (with blue/purple results) that have multiple quality levels of reward let you use non-people assets to improve the quality of the result.