test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Study Thayan Writings bug

djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
Study Thayan Writings

Clicking on this, no matter how many times I have re-logged, rezoned, quit, and restarted the game, does not seem to progress the quest chain at all. After obtaining the first boon, the chain will not progress via Study Thayan Writings. The confirmation sound is played when I click Start, but nothing happens.
Some things are meant to remain lost.
Post edited by djarud on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Try switching to the sharandar campaign on the UI and then back to Dread Ring.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After you open the campaign window you need to then click on the box that says dread ring and the % you have completed in the top left otherwise you cannot interact with any of the campaign tasks , at least that's what I had to do to be able to continue them.
  • djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    Opening Sharandar Campaign, the opening Plant Vibrant Seedlings, then closing out in the order I had opened it all up, and then opening DR Campgn before closing Campgn Mgr window seems to have worked for now. We'll see if it stays that way.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll make sure this gets looked at.
  • melleahmelleah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am also stuck unable to progress past "Study Thayan Writings" as I stupidly bought a key for Dread Spire before going to Knoxx and now I am unable to get any follow on quests to get anymore writings. Is there another way to get Thayan Writings so I can progress past this part of the quest?
  • alphanutalphanut Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stuck as well, and hoping for a solution soon.
  • millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Still stuck myself and there is another thread with others that have the same issue.
  • kravenhuntskravenhunts Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sharandar and Dread Ring now locked up, I was unable to complete the A New Day quest so I can not do any of the new content. . .
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't got any issues, but all you folks saying "I have this too" aren't really helping anyone solve the problem.

What you need to post about is what you did to get into this debacle in the first place, i.e. did you not talk to someone before you did X etc.

And have any of you actually tried abandoning the quest and taking it again (possibly the next day and/or from Protector's Enclave)?
  • weredrgnweredrgn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am not sure if there is a bug in the quest itself, but the "Study Thayan Writtings" task for the first progress bar slot is stuck in 0:00 time left, and I got my "Thayan Cipher" consumed. I cannot cancel that task, so it doesn't matter if I drop the quest and retake it, I cannot restart the task that the quest depends on. Seems that I cannot ask for a quest that grants thayan ciphers either.

I have re-logged, changed character back and forth, closed neverwinter completely, cancel and retake quest (task status didn't changed by the way), wait to next day, and went to protector's enclave. Nothing worked.

So yes, whole campaign stuck for me right at the start.
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am a returning player, and this bug got me. ingame Name: Durahan. I hope Devs can take a look at my char very soon. Ticket ID: 2,225,488
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i cannot get the last boon of dread ring campaign. the bar shows fulfilled 100%, fully red, but the campaign flag icon will not start glowing, an doesn't invite me to collect reward, choose one of the boons. i tried relog, restart and recopy the character (Chaedi 2) to preview shard. won't help.
  • maddogrenomaddogreno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im stuck in "Study Thayan Writings" too so please fix it! :-(
  • jp250jp250 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Today 01/22 the progress bar shows that already should have access to Thayan adept Technique, but I can not start. Fix it!
  • wiccababywiccababy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am also stuck on the Thayan Writings quest. I am missing one requirement (Thayan Cipher), and it says I can acquire them by completing Lair quests given in the Dread Ring. However I have completed all available quests in the dread ring, and my quest path leads to Sergeant Knox - who has nothing to say to me. Can't figure out where I've gone wrong. Tried going out to another area and coming back - but same result - so I can't progress with this area.