test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new to level 60, where do i begin?

ferrantejonesferrantejones Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
im at 59, about to hit 60, and this is my first character. so, im wondering on what to do, and what not to waste my time doing in the end-game. i dont plan on spending a bunch of money to get astral diamonds, so im guessing ill need a way to farm those in order to buy new gear and other things. so, farming AD, but what else is there to do, and what do you suggest?
Post edited by ferrantejones on

Comments

• arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One way to gear up without breaking the bank is to buy tier 2 blue items, which are quite cheap on the auction house. Tier 2 blues can be distinguished from tier 1 blues by comparing their stats. First, tier 2 blues have better stats and a different icon than tier 1 blues, even though they sell for the same amount of coin. Second, they are +5 or even +6 compared to tier 1 blues which are +4.

I suggest using the auction house to search for level 60 to 60 rare items for your class, then select the stats that you want. You generally want to stack a few stats instead of spreading them all over. I personally gear up my fresh level 60s with tier 2 blue regeneration gear which comes with one or two other stats.

Once you've got the above mentioned gear, I suggest running tier 1 dungeons during the Dungeon Delves event to get a chance of the epic set item of your choice. Tier 1 dungeons include the Cloaktower, Cragmire Crypts, Throne of Idris, Grey Wolf Den, and Lair of the Mad Dragon, in ascending order of difficulty. Alternatively, you can play PvP to earn Glory to buy PvP equipment. PvP is a quite balanced and requires less of a time investment than dungeon delving, and you get to learn what each class is capable of. Glory equipment are tier 1.

If you prefer the single player experience, you can participate in the Sharandar and the Dread Ring campaigns. These are a series of interconnected daily quests which let you unlock boons, which are permanent buffs that apply to your character. You also get to earn new artifacts, enchantments, and items as you progress through either campaign.

I'm tired typing on my Android tablet, so I'll stop here and let the others fill you in on the rest.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • ferrantejonesferrantejones Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thanks for the quick response. regen gear sounds like its OP. im playing a hunter and i bought the 30 dollar tank pet, so ive gotten sick of chugging health pots all the time
  • devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi FerranteJones-

Join the NW_Legit_Community. It's full of good people who will gladly answer questions and offer advice. More importantly, you will find dungeon and skirmish groups much more readily, which is a big step in advancing your character. Good luck!
    California Sunshine
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    definitely work on your campaigns every day. Sharandar and Dread Ring. You can get decent blue and purple gear from there, and it only takes a few minutes every day. Keep up on these, because you can't really "catch up" after falling behind. It's just a certain number of days to complete them (Especially Sharandar).

Other than that, I'd say run whatever is the hourly event. Definitely run the easy T1 dungeons (Cloak Tower, Cragmire) during Delves, and run Gauntlegrym when it's up. The GG gear is generally pretty good until you can farm/buy other T2 pieces. Arena hour helps to gain glory, which you can use to buy a great Artifact. Foundry isn't really needed at 60, unless you're just bored, or want to work on the achievements for it, or need to level a new companion.

Oh, and work on Leadership for diamonds, Weaponsmithing to craft the best weapons.