test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New refinement system is very annoying

orsogufoorsogufo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
1) Encumbrance's problem
Reading the dev's news, system must relieve some problems with space in bags. FALSE.
- There are four new type of items (Potency, Power, Stability, Union) inflected with their quality (minor, lesser, greater, ecc.). So more space needed.
- With old system i was used to save space by "refining" every 4 enchantment until Tier 4. Now i don't dare to do so because even if i fit just the right number of enchant i obtain an enchant with some experience more.....that don't stack with others. That's very annoying.

2) Where is the fun?
There is an huge shortage of new reagent needed for the upgrade. My Pg have enough material to upgrade enchantments in next tiers (with old system i would had already do it) but i cannot due lack of new reagent. It's very very annoying. :mad:
What's the PWE's idea for fun? To make over and over the same dungeon to find a single piece of material? I could even make it so if dungeons is funny but.......we want to discuss about the quality of dungeons? Only one boss with a very long lifebar and no particular script, plus non-sense wave of mobs. It's ok one, two time, but after there is no fun.

I'm really thinking about quit the game. :(
Post edited by orsogufo on

Comments

• bardkesnitbardkesnit Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    orsogufo wrote: »
    1) Encumbrance's problem
    Reading the dev's news, system must relieve some problems with space in bags. FALSE.
    - There are four new type of items (Potency, Power, Stability, Union) inflected with their quality (minor, lesser, greater, ecc.). So more space needed.

And how many different types of enchantment and enhancements were there? And different levels didn't stack with each other. Unless you had multiples of 4 of every single kind at every single level, you still had lots of stacks.
    - With old system i was used to save space by "refining" every 4 enchantment until Tier 4. Now i don't dare to do so because even if i fit just the right number of enchant i obtain an enchant with some experience more.....that don't stack with others. That's very annoying.

I'm going to repeat the question I asked before. Who needs stacks? If you get one that won't work for you or your companion(s), use it to refine the ones that you do use.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    before m2, people complained about inventory space. after m2, people complain about inventory space.

i think you're reading too much into what the dev blog says. it's not a promise for more bag space. it's that there is the possibility of more bag space if you choose to feed incoming enchants/runestones into items you want to upgrade. if you don't do this and continue to keep an inventory of the different ranks/types of enchants/runestones, then in addition to refinement stones and reagents, you are likely to have issues.

also, there is no advantage to ranking up lower rank enchants before you use them as RP. there is an advantage to feeding them as-is and that is the possibility of "critical success": 150% and 200% RP bonus for same and different "feedings".

on "where is the fun?":
    item progression is a means to an end. consider it like opening a savings account for a new car. can it be fun making the money and then depositing it into the bank? it all depends on how you perceive these things. some may find it fun and the process adventurous and some may not like it at all. some may feel impatient with the process. but when you've saved up all the money necessary and you buy the car, then that is your reward and you get to reap all the benefits and fun out of what you've earned.
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    All I want for Christmas is to be able to put a stack of 99 into each of those 5 slots. Upgrading artifacts is a real pain 5 items at a time...
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't mind a separate bag for reagents there's too many, plus you can't really control how many enchants you pick up unless you don't and why wouldn't you?

btdubs: not hating on the new system I kind of like it; just kind hard to carry all this extra stuff and get new things at the same time.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bardkesnit wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat the question I asked before. Who needs stacks? If you get one that won't work for you or your companion(s), use it to refine the ones that you do use.

I filled every enchantment and artifact I wanted, filled even some more enchantments in my bag, and I don't have anything to fill with RP. So where should I spend those I don't need? I can't get a single mark to upgrade filled enchantments. This is the problem, the problem, that you would fill all your bag with filled enchantments before you would get a mark to upgrade them. I run 2-4 epic T2 dungeon every day, haven't got s single blue or purple mark since the first day of Module 2.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is a bottleneck once you have filled all your equipped enchants and need blue marks. They are so expensive and hard to find that enchants start to accumulate in your bags again because you cannot refine them. With the new regents, it actually makes bag space worse than before.
  • thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't had an issue with bag space and the new refinement system. If my bags fill up I just use Aurora's Whole Realm's Catalogue and sell off my junk.
  • devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas is to be able to put a stack of 99 into each of those 5 slots. Upgrading artifacts is a real pain 5 items at a time...

Real pain is not eating for 3 days. Hyperbole is not your friend.
    California Sunshine
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    And if you didn't notice yet the bots are completely destroying the market by flooding stacks of 99 of all kind of enchants and other refining-stones etc. Who could see that coming?..

I think you dind't spend enough time on the AH before m2 (and even m1). There were always people selling stacks of 99 Enchantments/Runestones, I actually bought it several times to make R7 and R8 in the old system. I even bought Training Runestones before the m2 patch, cause it was much cheaper to make mine 2 Greater Enchants than using 30k AD ones ^^.
    signature-lili.png
  • rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Real pain is not eating for 3 days. Hyperbole is not your friend.
    Uhh.. ok. Projecting or just?..

Either way, there needs to be a consume all feature for refining. It's tedious to go through hundreds of thousands of RP one click at a time.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    The mods really dont like me today.

Let me put it this way then: Players are farming enchants. Please limit the time a player can spend in-game because they are somehow flooding the AH with stacks of enchantments. I have no clue how they have so much freetime on their hands so they can post several stacks everyday. But its destroying the market and the game.

Let's just say they're not using their free time to farm enchants. They're using other means, but yes, they are farming.

And know this: Farmers make items cheap for other players. People have such a beef against them (and no, I do not farm), failing to realize that the reason Rank 7 Enchantments do not cost 300K+ AD is because of so much supply coming into the market.

Enjoy the deflation while you can.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoxforum1 wrote: »

Please, please, please add this. I'm starting to get RSS from refining all those lower rank enchants ;-)

It really is a stupid repetitive manual work I can't imagine anyone to enjoy.