test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So with the nerf *cough* i mean bug fix....

tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
What would an archer spec into now ? Just keep same spec and try and add crit to gear? Or has anyone crunched numbers today to see where are archer tree points should go?

Thanks!
Post edited by tybrus8 on

Comments

• Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Numbers crunched without relying completely on MoA said a 41% crit would give a massive boost. There's a player who's got the formula and is working on an update after the change. It's not really *that* bad. At-wills still crit and get corrective aim helping them. It can just give an encounter an extra punch. As others have mentioned, AoE's seem to be the goto ability that gives the most crunch for your crit in terms of lasting for time and critting the whole time.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My encounters I use at 60 are split the sky, thorn ward and rain of arrows. Yes rain of arrows works when you have a companion that takes argo for you so you can drop rain on top of where he is.
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2013
    The build still works in PVE, only because Correcting Aim is such a good feat, but I am sure they are working on 'fixing' that too. The thing with Correcting Aim is that the buff won't go away when you Split Shot, unless it crits on every single hit, so I see where the fix could be directed at.

Master of Archery is now useless, it probably adds less than 1% to the damage for those of you who use Thorn Ward (personally I don't like it, it's not AOE and the melee part is useless). On my power setup it barely ever proc's Fox Cunning/Split the Sky/Commanding Shot.
  • Options
    meliadoulmeliadoul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't say it is useless. If you know how to use Rain of Arrows, getting that to always crit is pretty nice dps. Thorn Ward is also pretty nice with it on tougher single targets. Once they fix the bug with RoA and TW (range versions) not using up MoA buff. RoA will probably the best thing to use it on.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    meliadoul wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it is useless. If you know how to use Rain of Arrows, getting that to always crit is pretty nice dps. Thorn Ward is also pretty nice with it on tougher single targets. Once they fix the bug with RoA and TW (range versions) not using up MoA buff. RoA will probably the best thing to use it on.

Rain of Arrows, the AOE that is the size of one mob...
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm at 41% crit chance and even if I missed "Master of Archery" spamming on the screen, crits are still good and dps too.