test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would love more friendly encounters...

ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
...but a wider selection and singles rather than groups. Currently, there's no friendlies to use for GWF or TR allies. They all end up looking and fighting like GFs or archers but there's not any single friendly archers either. Two friendly versions, weak and strong, of duel and two handed fighting styles (friendly versions of the ogre and drow assassin would be near perfect) would greatly increase story telling options. And since I mentioned archers, those too...
Post edited by ephiroll on

Comments

• finalcatalyst454finalcatalyst454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So much this. What if when you placed an encounter you got to choose if it was friendly or enemy?
  • ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's would be great, but three problems with that path. It would require work on all 100 plus encounters, which would take a lot of time, and it would also still have the majority of the encounters in groups, which is the real barrier to using the current friendlies. While the addition of 4-6 encounters would take must less work and they could be made singles so they're actually useful for story telling.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ephiroll wrote: »
    That's would be great, but three problems with that path. It would require work on all 100 plus encounters, which would take a lot of time, and it would also still have the majority of the encounters in groups, which is the real barrier to using the current friendlies. While the addition of 4-6 encounters would take must less work and they could be made singles so they're actually useful for story telling.

The thing is though, it would also use encounters that already exist. With the current friendly encounters (Guards mainly, I don't think enemy versions of these exist anywhere in the game unlike the adventurers.), they are actually enemies when set to fight to submission even though enemy versions don't exist. If a glitch can cause an encounter to change sides, it can't be too hard for the developers to do the same. (Sadly, setting an enemy on fight to submission does not cause them to become friendly, I checked.)

Edit: If they added the ability to remove "Actors" from an encounter, it would solve the issue of not enough single ally encounters as well. I never understood why they don't let people do this in the first place.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.