test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Reviews-Tower of the Damned

ylikovylikov Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
This is my first time doing this foundry. I would gladly like to have your suggestions on how to improve or what changes I should make for it to be more exciting. Sorry I dont have any screenshots of my foundry but please check it out.

NW-DU7QC2XVQ
Tower of the Damned
by ylikov

Thank you so much for your reviews. If you need reviews I could do it for you just leave your quest name and code so I could go and check it out.
Post edited by ylikov on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello!

I ran this quest with a lvl 60 DC. It is a good start and I think you'll be able to do a lot with this for a base combat quest.

I noticed this had zero plays when I picked it up. I always recommend you play your own quest once through on the live server to see if everything is where you want it to be. I always find corrections I thought I would have found earlier, but that is the way editing goes.

General Notes: Some background on the tower would help. You have so many different kinds of encounters in there it seemed like it needed some explanation. Even something silly like the Evil League of Evil meets there or something. You have a ton of variety with your encounters. I would encourage you to vary the maps and music. Finally, since this is a combat quest you might want to experiment with having your encounters Wandering or Patrolling so they aren't just standing there waiting to be killed.

-it was a little confusing to me to appear in an interior map right after leaving Protector's Enclave. I think this could be easily fixed if you added some details behind the spawn point that look like a door.
    -your spawn point is floating slightly, you may wish to lower it.
    -in the room with the Tower Guards you have many ground skeleton decals. About half of these are floating in the air. That is true in most of the rooms with the blue lion floorplate in the middle of them
    -I was a little confused about the order of objectives: I was on "Go to the next floor and kill all the monsters" and then I killed the Forgecaller and I see that I have "Killed the bearer of the Sword of Power". I wasn't sure at that point if I had taken a wrong turn?
    -at the final artifacts the quest objectives read: Find Orb of Intellect (0/3). This made me think I had to find 3 of any given thing, but then I would find the one item and then it would update.
    -it would be a nice touch if there was a detail item that appeared on the altars after you place the artifacts there
    -I couldn't finish the quest since I had the Staff of Wisdom and either an earlier altar consumed the item or something went wrong with one of the altars as it said I did not have the staff. It was gone from my inventory.
    -the last door blocking the reward chest is not lined up with the gates so I could just run around it.
    -the reward chest is floating in the air as well as the skeletons with it
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • ylikovylikov Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the suggestions. Ill work on that.
    edited December 2013
    Let us know if you need any help. You can also find me in Foundry zone chat quite a lot too.
    edited December 2013
    Finished with the revisions now. Can you do the honors of trying it again?
    edited December 2013
    Will do either today or tomorrow!
    edited December 2013
    bump.need more review pls.