test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Stat

vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello, i quit the game a few months ago, 1 of the main reasons i did is because there wasnt a stat to set a diference between pvp gear and pve gear.

I dont want to be forced to play Pve, is just my option. Did they add a PvP stat?, something like reducing damage, or reducing crit chance, or are pvp players forced to play pve for gear?

Thanks
Post edited by vitizax on

Comments

• manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    You don't have to play PvE for gear, but unless you buy Zen, your gear won't be all that great if you don't.

And no, there's no PvP specific stat. There are Stats that are much more important in PvP, such as Regeneration and Arpen though. In other words, there are PvP specific builds.
  • vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What bothered me was that PvP set wasnt the best for PvP. Which is a nonesense
    edited December 2013
    vitizax wrote: »
    What bothered me was that PvP set wasnt the best for PvP. Which is a nonesense

Depends what class you're talking about. The Gauntlygyrm set for TR is pretty much the best TR PvP set. But yeah, a number of the other class sets are [BLEEP].
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I hate the concept of PvP stats, like the gear I get from PvE can't function in PvP in WoW and it made me never PvP again after vanilla. And I enjoyed it in vanilla.
    edited December 2013
    I hate the concept of PvP stats, like the gear I get from PvE can't function in PvP in WoW and it made me never PvP again after vanilla. And I enjoyed it in vanilla.

Kind of have to agree. My build/gear isn't exactly ideal for PvP, but it's not terrible and it's functional for PvE as well. I can't really afford to build two sets of gear, so I try to straddle the line a bit. Have to say the new artifacts/boons help quite a bit with this.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I dont want to be forced to play Pve, is just my option.

News Flash: you're playing a PvE-focused game
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    News Flash: you're playing a PvE-focused game

Boom!

The PVE part post 60 wise are poorly desgin, reds and infinite mobs, tell me how hard to figure something like that out?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is it exactly. PvP stats make the playerbase very stratified. You get a system where new players to pvp or casual players to pvp are completely locked out of it, because they will only have pve gear. That said some of the people I've talked to keep two sets of gear one for pve and one for pvp now just with different stat choices on the gear.
  • lolpwnt12lolpwnt12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this is one thing i never understood..

PvE and PvP need to be defined differently otherwise the PvE is catered to while PvP is ignored..yet a lot of people PvE simply to reach a higher standard in PvP..its stupid

If you like PvE..go PvE all day and get rewarded with loot to kill mobs faster..

If you like PvP..go PvP all day and get rewarded with glory to buy PvP gear to slay players/live longer in PvP..

Being rewarded in PvP because you PvE all day is stupid and forces people who in general find PvE to be a chore in order to be better equipped for PvP to feel as if developers don't care at all about anything but killing NPCs...
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    0. NW is a PvE focussed game.
    1. PvP is non-competitive. There are no ladders, static scoring, fixed gearing or bracketing (excluding level brackets).
    2. Excluding skill, greatest player advantage comes from enhancements, enchants, boons and, now with Module 2, artifacts. These can all be used in PvP as well as most efficiently farmed from PvE.
    3. There are no PvP specific stats or PvP-only gearing. Neither would make sense due to point 2.

Thus, player advantages from PvE and the rest of the game, which can include high to very high economic advantages, will always impact PvP with the game in its current state.

You will be waiting for a LONG time if you expect NW to change to support the kind of PvP for which you seem to hope.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lolpwnt12 wrote: »

PvE and PvP need to be defined differently otherwise the PvE is catered to while PvP is ignored..yet a lot of people PvE simply to reach a higher standard in PvP..its stupid

If you like PvE..go PvE all day and get rewarded with loot to kill mobs faster..

If you like PvP..go PvP all day and get rewarded with glory to buy PvP gear to slay players/live longer in PvP..

Being rewarded in PvP because you PvE all day is stupid and forces people who in general find PvE to be a chore in order to be better equipped for PvP to feel as if developers don't care at all about anything but killing NPCs...
    Doing it any other way angers the far larger portion of players that are extremely casual with pvp. Pvp gear locks them out of pvp ever. If you had 100 people and could make 80 of them happy and 20 unhappy or 20 happy and 80 unhappy what would you do? Cryptic went with 80 happy on this one.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone mentioned Skulker set as the best set for the TRs now. Is it? After the new module?
    I mean there is a Dread Legion set which I find the way better for PvE than the skulker (and it also has stealth friendly passive). Still doubt about pvp though...
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Skulker set as the best set for the TRs now. Is it? After the new module?
    I mean there is a Dread Legion set which I find the way better for PvE than the skulker (and it also has stealth friendly passive). Still doubt about pvp though...

Skulker has never been the best PvP set, imo, except for perm stealth rogues: it gives you one extra sec of stealth, ArP and some HP (which I don't think makes any difference), but it gives you no power / recovery. Swashbuckling is a much better option for a general TR as an additional 2.1K power and 1.3K recovery over Skulker make a huge difference, just slot darks on all your offensive slots and you are good to go.

Regarding Dread Legion gear, the stats are good, but the 4 pieces-bonus doesn't look good on paper: a chance to deal 330 damage over 10 sec and to restore some stealth meter doesn't look too promissing to me. However, since I don't have it yet, I can't really state how effective it is.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Skulker has never been the best PvP set, imo, except for perm stealth rogues...

I think that people prefers it for PvP, due to the HP boost, more stealth, crit/arm pen and life steal. So they are free to get less Darks and focus on defensive stats.

So, that been said...I was always under the impression that Deflect, Defense, Regeneration was the PvP stats triplet :)
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello, i quit the game a few months ago, 1 of the main reasons i did is because there wasnt a stat to set a diference between pvp gear and pve gear.

I dont want to be forced to play Pve, is just my option. Did they add a PvP stat?, something like reducing damage, or reducing crit chance, or are pvp players forced to play pve for gear?

Thanks

I completely agree. I tried to suggest a Resilience-like PvP-only stat myself a few times, so people without it would be one-shot, and people with it will have increased survivability as you described.

Agreed.

We need PvP to be truly rewarding, with ladders and unique stuff for best PvPers, even if it will be just cosmetic.

Also agree completely on separating PvP and PvE, mostly for balance sake.

The mentioned resilience gear would enable devs to fine tune damage output and survivability for all classes, without touching PvE at all and without any nerfs.
  • zelstrom74zelstrom74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    The mentioned resilience gear would enable devs to fine tune damage output and survivability for all classes, without touching PvE at all and without any nerfs.

I hope this never happens. Having to grind a separate set of gear ruins PvP for in MMOs.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMO if you can't do pretty well and enjoy PVP in the glory set then you probably won't enjoy it after you grind out BIS gear doing PVE either. If you think you NEED the best gear in the game to participate in PVP you probably won't be good enough at it to have any fun anyways :P
  • vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is what i think