test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff Dots for CW? GWF improvement sugestions

vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Before patch dropped and even more so now Dots do not really do all that much. As my main is a GWF it mostly just does enough damage to make me giggle. I can stand on a base while a CW throws up blizzard and choke slams me into unstopable which heals all damage they produced with there dots. Specially with a higher Regen.

Well the new patch dropped and I saw they where getting a fire dot. I was like great maybe now they can do more then tickle me. It does get kinda boring entering random PVP Arenas and have some CW think it was a good idea to heal me for the win. So far this has not been the case. Seems to me they hit less then a perma stealth rouge which seems like is in every Arena and is set out to permanently annoy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me.

So far the only thing I have to worry about is 2 guardians or one really good guardian stun locking me into oblivion.

Even rangers..... I mean threatening rush them all over the map even through there roots. No need for me to even really run anymore.

I am sad. I though this patch would fix this maybe add some more damage to other classes to burst me down or make it so I do less damage then I already do which I admit is not much as I forgo damage for survivability. Yet no dice. Maybe maybe maybe buff my survivability. Long as I have it I will use it.

I have met one CW in my career that honestly scared the bajeebers out of me and was able to two shot me so I am sure there are more. Yet I can give some insight on somethings to do to make this game a little more enjoyable.

1. Restoring strike. This is a good skill I have it in my arsenal. Great for those moments when I am outnumbered. A lot of GWF's at the top scoff at using restoring strike but I am a nub and hey great way to keep me topped outside of unstoppable.

To fix restoring strike our talent is a little to generous with the heal. Here is what it should really do.
Restoring strike talented should make our restoring strike hit at max rank 50 percent harder and heal us for that amount. That would decrease my survivability while giving me a mild boost to DPS. It might also make me think on taking another talent and using another skill that is in my arsenal.

2. Unstoppable The 5 percent heal stacking HP and stam is just too much. So the talent to make it so it is not SOOO op why not Give us 10 percent extra "temporary" Hit points.

With these two abilities together I can take on three people easy without breaking a sweet. Most the time come out of the scrape with full hit points. So something needs nerfed or buffed somewhere. A tanky class should be able to be burst down. As it is they can not really be burst down unless you have a guardian who knows what they are doing.

I fear a good Guardian.

I know I know this game is not centered around PVP I am well aware.
Post edited by vladious1977 on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Before patch dropped and even more so now Dots do not really do all that much. As my main is a GWF it mostly just does enough damage to make me giggle. I can stand on a base while a CW throws up blizzard and choke slams me into unstopable which heals all damage they produced with there dots. Specially with a higher Regen.

Well the new patch dropped and I saw they where getting a fire dot. I was like great maybe now they can do more then tickle me. It does get kinda boring entering random PVP Arenas and have some CW think it was a good idea to heal me for the win. So far this has not been the case. Seems to me they hit less then a perma stealth rouge which seems like is in every Arena and is set out to permanently annoy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me.

So far the only thing I have to worry about is 2 guardians or one really good guardian stun locking me into oblivion.

Even rangers..... I mean threatening rush them all over the map even through there roots. No need for me to even really run anymore.

I am sad. I though this patch would fix this maybe add some more damage to other classes to burst me down or make it so I do less damage then I already do which I admit is not much as I forgo damage for survivability. Yet no dice. Maybe maybe maybe buff my survivability. Long as I have it I will use it.

I have met one CW in my career that honestly scared the bajeebers out of me and was able to two shot me so I am sure there are more. Yet I can give some insight on somethings to do to make this game a little more enjoyable.

1. Restoring strike. This is a good skill I have it in my arsenal. Great for those moments when I am outnumbered. A lot of GWF's at the top scoff at using restoring strike but I am a nub and hey great way to keep me topped outside of unstoppable.

To fix restoring strike our talent is a little to generous with the heal. Here is what it should really do.
    Restoring strike talented should make our restoring strike hit at max rank 50 percent harder and heal us for that amount. That would decrease my survivability while giving me a mild boost to DPS. It might also make me think on taking another talent and using another skill that is in my arsenal.

2. Unstoppable The 5 percent heal stacking HP and stam is just too much. So the talent to make it so it is not SOOO op why not Give us 10 percent extra "temporary" Hit points.

With these two abilities together I can take on three people easy without breaking a sweet. Most the time come out of the scrape with full hit points. So something needs nerfed or buffed somewhere. A tanky class should be able to be burst down. As it is they can not really be burst down unless you have a guardian who knows what they are doing.

I fear a good Guardian.

I know I know this game is not centered around PVP I am well aware.

Very bad suggestions, sounds more like a GWF rant than an actual suggestion.
    GWF are fine, no need to nerf anything just because you cannot adapt.

By the way: they're, their, there. (3 different words, one cannot just use "there" for all 3)

• vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Very bad suggestions, sounds more like a GWF rant than an actual suggestion.
    GWF are fine, no need to nerf anything just because you cannot adapt.

By the way: they're, their, there. (3 different words, one cannot just use "there" for all 3)
    Can not adapt to winning? All I do is win as a GWF. Perhaps you should read next time it is not a rant. I want it to be competitive so I am not so OP. 3 versus one and I win at full health is not the way things should be. So how do I adapt to being OP?

Laughing at control wizard damage. Even there daily (Ice Knife) hits barely a 10th of my life.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can not adapt to winning? All I do is win as a GWF. Perhaps you should read next time it is not a rant. I want it to be competitive so I am not so OP. 3 versus one and I win at full health is not the way things should be. So how do I adapt to being OP?

Play PvE with your GWF .....
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well to all sent built , its true gwf is good in pvp but can u more or less dont rant about it case anymore nerfung in gwf will make it pretty much useless, and try fighting classic players with perfect enchant players than talk about it , atlleast u will get more fun than the ranting u give here
  • patienceeepatienceee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or do some premade pvp, typically in random pvp the cw's are so undergeared. A good cw will melt u so fast with the help of a ranger or tr
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you actually kill anyone though? As a CW, if I can't take a GWF down I just kite them, hit them with repel to push them off the point, hit them with Entangle then Ray of Frost to keep them off the point. It's not 100% uptime by any means but I usually end up spending more time on the point than they do, which is good enough 1v1.

Of course in 5v5, you rarely get such clean fights. Also, a CW using Conduit of Ice on you is mostly likely to be a thaum, so one of the reasons for hitting you with it is the 15% debuff it has.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you want to have fun re-spec into a less trollish build.
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Laughing at control wizard damage. Even there daily (Ice Knife) hits barely a 10th of my life.

Wow what a "clever" way of QQ! lol... It's too obvious for those with brain.

I am almost sure you are the CW instead. Well, learn to play your class, skilled CW rocks and no one can get near except TR!

Also, stop dreaming! CW definitely can hit up to 5digits with crit accompanied by gd gears on a def gwf. Even my TR can lashing near to 5digits if i focus on DPS with perf etc.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol, Conduit+Enfeeble into Icy Rays = minus 35-50% of GWF's HP. Then just kite and wait till the unstoppable ends to repeat the combo. If you have Ice Knife, GWF will get killed while lying on the ground. Who stops you from building regen as well? Filled green skull+High Vizier+Dread Ring boon+Ancient weapons give about 1k regeneration, GWF can hit you only if he lands Roar->Takedown->IBS, then for 10 seconds he can't do a god **** thing to you. What the point of the thread? Trolling?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited December 2013
    wh0 wrote: »
    Wow what a "clever" way of QQ! lol... It's too obvious for those with brain.

I am almost sure you are the CW instead. Well, learn to play your class, skilled CW rocks and no one can get near except TR!

Also, stop dreaming! CW definitely can hit up to 5digits with crit accompanied by gd gears on a def gwf. Even my TR can lashing near to 5digits if i focus on DPS with perf etc.

LOL You are joking right?

White_Background_Adjustable.jpg

As you can see it is the only class I do play. So you failed miserably.

Nice try trying to claim I am a CW. I guess you are the one without a brain?

5 digit crits I think you have some nice dreams. No you are not going to hit me with a 5 digit crit sorry. So go live out your fantasies elsewhere. This is a thread based in facts not fantasy.
    edited December 2013
    I should create a video so people can see I am serious. Yet I think this should suffice. I took on four of there team mates by myself at the same time without any problems while my team mates capped. I did not die at all I was fighting one TR two CW one GF. They BARELY dent my health pool because of unstopable and Improved restoring strike. After that a couple of them stuck around while the others left the match. You can not beat me you are not going to win why stay? You get no rewards for staying. I am just saying.

proof1.jpg

I am not claiming to be OP. I am not. The talent choices are. Yes I know I hit like a wet noodle but it is good enough to kill. A few minor alterations from the talent choices to improve some aspects just for PVP and not make it so I can heal myself like I have a pocket cleric will make me a little less likely to just go charging in taking on there whole team without at least heals.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can tank and kill the entire enemy team if they are 7-9k GS. And I'm getting killed almost instantly by 2 12k+ GS players. I can make a video too how cool I am by scoring 20/0 while standing on the enemy node, but I'm sure I wouldn't make a video of facing skilled enemy team that tears me apart. Videos prove nothing.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz