test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kick Feedback

l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just so you know the Vote to kick option is being abused by people so much since Shadow mantle went live

been kicked out of 15 dungeons today just because im not Ranged as they were glitching it, or because she is half dead and just dont want you to even get a chance of drops, i said i didnt want drops unless it was class stuff and they still kicked me. To be honest the vote to kick option needs removed
Post edited by l3g10nna1re on

Comments

• Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    on the opposite - when you really want to kick someone that just isn't sticking to the team, stands somewhere back and doesn't help to kill mobs for 10 minutes without telling that he needs afk a while people deny the kick from vote kick option. had that situation yesterday - i am not doing the job for someone that wants to be carried through a dungeon and just stands somewhere doing nothing but is able to roll for loots. i was made leader so i made a vote kick to replace him by another guy. and people voted against this. so my answer to this was leaving the party.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disabling kick button by PL after/during the last boss would solve the problem with "ninjas" easly. Now they just added the vote kick which caused so much drama in t2...oh well, I gotta admit almost all persons on my buddy list complained about being kicked for nothing after they joined the dungeon.

And the new party making system is awful too. It's just too outrageous to add the person after the party almost defeated the last boss...some people run 3-4 men dungeons after all?
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The system is good, just some sort of "safe" measures had to be taken which clearly they didnt. This are some that I would do, obviously this is my opinion and its not organized.

1.The vote to kick should have some sort of cooldown so ppl cant abuse of it by kicking someone then another gets in, and its not what they wanted, then kick that other one, and so on.

2. The person who started the vote to kick should have some sort of debuff, one that cant be seen by the player or the rest, where he cant kick someone else for one hour or more, or until the instance is finish.

3. It should have some sort of mechanism where if a party of 3 gets in the queue system, then they would need a 4th to kick someone, or if its a party of 2 then would need a 3rd.

4. The system shouldn't allow to get someone kicked once combat started on boss fights, it should be disabled until the boss is down and after everyone rolled and loot was distributed.

5. The ignore feature just ignore the ignored player's typing, comments, etc., but you still can get in the same group with the person via queue system (or so I've heard). So to avoid abusing, as an example; player "A" have player "B" on ignore but player "A" got in the same instance as player "B", player "A" wants him out cuz he dont want to be in his same group so he start a vote to kick saying whatever he wants to say. The option here is that player "A" cant start any vote, since the ignore feature already did its job of not letting him see what the other one is typing. Also player "A" cant be one of the other players voting to kick player "B", unless player "A" its the 4th vote if it was a party of 3 or the 3rd vote if it was a party of 2. If its a totally random group then it shouldn't matter since the other 3 would do the job.

6. A party of 4 players, cant use the vote to kick feature because that would pretty much (being a 4 players party before getting in the queue system), assure them control of the run.

7. If a player started or participated in a "X" amount of votes to kick in a day or a certain amount of time, it should have a debuff after his last log off or character change (i like more the second, but have to give options), where he cant use the feature again, the debuff should be a 24 to 48 hours long, yes i know its a lot. This is because players kick ppl over and over and over from runs in the same day when they farm a place day after day and then secure for themselves the loot or w/e they want.

8. Vote to kick should be totally and completely disabled IF THE PARTY GET IN A DUNGEON WITH 5 PLAYER . If its a full group (you either got the players from lfg chat, they are friends of yours, or its a guild run), you looked for the players in the lfg chat, you hand picked them, now deal with it.

Have a few other ideas but, those would be the most important ones, at least for me.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have personally kicked a lot of people - especially rogues - because they pull enemies and then will open chests, etc..

I do not have to complain about this system.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zacazu wrote: »
    I have personally kicked a lot of people - especially rogues - because they pull enemies and then will open chests, etc..

I do not have to complain about this system.

You are an exception to the rule, but i bet its like 2 players out of every 200. Players like that deserves that, i usually let them die.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are only two ways to look at this:

Either a player can be kicked or they can not.

Anyone saying that no one should be allowed to kick anyone has either somehow never managed to end up in a group with a leech or they are a leech. Not to mention the people that decide that dungeon time is a great time to start talking about politics, religion (or their hatred thereof), their sex life (real or, more probably, imagined), or just being an all-around jerk/idiot.

I am absolutely in favor of having some method of kicking people.

That being said, what sort of system is best?
    Certainly not "random leader has the only say". If two of one class are in the same group, especially, I wonder how often the random leader decides that the second player has to go whenever some good drop might happen.

A vote system, at least, requires that multiple people think that a person needs to go.

Perfect?
    Of course not, but at least it's an improvement.

Any restrictions or changes would open up the possibility of the pendulum swinging back the other way; Can't kick anyone after some 'checkpoint' is reached in a dungeon? Then after that checkpoint is when people will start acting like an idiot.

The only thing that might help is a cooldown on vote initiations after you started a vote that passed.
    Someone can try to kick someone all day as far as I am concerned. If no one ends up getting kicked then it doesn't matter.

I just think that letting everyone know that if they gett someone kicked that they are not going to be able to do anything about their substitute might be enough of a deterrent to keep most PUGs operating fairly.

A group of four that want to kick the fifth might be able to abuse the system by having each initiate a kick before facing the final boss in four straight dungeons, but I would like to think that word would get around and those four would end up dealing with karma after a while.
  • Options
    jiminimonkajiminimonka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The votekick system needs refining. After making it to the last boss, getting booted by a NEW player that just joined should not be possible. If one person says NO, then the boot should not happen, unless the player being booted is shown in the system as AFK or disconnected.