test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppable vs HR skills

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
HR skills can "pierce" through GWFs' Unstoppable (which makes GWFs immunes to CC) , making GWFs run slower, making impossible to get near him/her, etc.

This is clearly a bug and GWFs hope you solve this BIG bug ASAP.
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• patienceeepatienceee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Woot then gwf will totally stomp ranger/hunter!
  • syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is why I hate descriptions that say 'immune to CC', or I'm guessing it actually says 'control effects'. The term 'CC' originally is an MMO player constructed term and is just a broad category of what certain powers are used for. The fact that the developer uses it in descriptions is worse. Not all 'control effects' are the same, especially if you start looking at Dungeons & Dragons spells and powers. There are charm, stun, daze, slow effects, knocking prone, and many more. Most of these are enchantment/charm 'controlling' effects. I think in 3e D&D these powers also had a [Mind-Affecting] descriptor on them.

Should a GWF be immune to all of these via Unstoppable? If the power is direct magic affecting the GWF mentally or sapping physical strength, then yes. From the name, Unstoppable, immunity to knockdown/prone/knockback effects are a given. But there are instances that are/would be different. For instance, if Cryptic implemented the Wall of Ice power for CWs, which is certainly used for controlling where creatures can go, should Unstoppable just allow a GWF to walk right through it? No. The wall is a physical manifestation. A GWF can't walk through any other walls with Unstoppable, so they wouldn't be able to walk through Wall of Ice, even though it is 'control effect'. Another example, not D&D: in the Wheel of Time novels, one of the characters wanted to be immune to the One Power, and was given a medallion. So long as he wore the medallion, the One Power couldn't touch him, anything channeled at him failed. But, anything a channeler flung at him with the power still hit him. If they opened a hole in the floor underneath him, he still would fall through it, etc.

So I'm going to assume by the 'slowing' you're referring to the rooting powers. The question then is, are the roots just magical energy affecting the GWF, or is the magic creating real roots that grab the target? If the first, then I agree that they shouldn't affect a GWF through Unstoppable. My understanding of the powers' descriptions are that they are the second option - the 'magic' of the power creates real roots. If it just slowed the GWF directly like a TR's deft strike or some of the CW powers would, then obviously, Unstoppable should apply. Since the roots seem like they are real physical manifestations, would you treat them like Wall of Ice? If so, Unstoppable shouldn't apply. Personally, I wouldn't treat them like the wall. I'd treat the roots like the drider's webs (another physical manifestation of a power). If that goes through Unstoppable (and is intended to go through and not itself a bug), then the roots should as well. If Unstoppable is unaffected by drider's webs, then it should also be unaffected by the roots.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    This is why I hate...

(SNIP)

Very nice, but the game's combat designer says that it is a bug:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?547501-Ranger-s-CC-is-not-breaking-by-GWFs-unstoppable&p=6735701&viewfull=1#post6735701
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »

+1 xD deth blow :D