test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Used Gear

pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I am well on my way to crafting the Fomorian gear, and once it is done, it seems like such a shame that there is nothing I can do with my current Ancient gear besides salvaging it. It is the second-best gear in the game (only marginally worse than either the Fomorian or Dread Ring gear) and I know that there are plenty of struggling guildies in my guild who would love to get their hands on this gear. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some way to transfer "used" epic gear to other players? Have the seller and buyer negotiate a fair price, and have the seller pay some sort of reasonable "unbinding" fee for the privilege. The process would have to be as exploit-free as possible so that it isn't used to circumvent the BoP rules for DD chests. Of course the gear would become instantly bound to the buyer, perhaps with some sort of notation saying "used", and perhaps also having a limit as to how many times the gear can be transferred. Maybe the gear takes a small hit on stats because it is "used", "refurbished", "certified pre-owned" or whatever you want to call it, not exactly the same as the original. What do you think?

Edit: I might also add that any such system might include the provision that "used" gear can't be sold on the auction house, just like now in that "bound" gear can't be sold. That can also be a way to stop the exploitation of such a system.
Post edited by pointsman on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only way I could see this being implemented is if the "used" gear suffered some sort of wear & tear as part of the process - probably in the form a lessened stats or so forth. Still, it'd be nice if there was some way of getting more use out of obsoleted gear...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe they could add a option in the gears tooltip saying rebind and when you click that you get a small window where you can type in the handle of the player that you want to rebind it to then it becomes tradeable only to them and then you can trade them for whatever price you want? never going to happen sadly but no reason not to dream ....
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps a small A.D. fee to make an item Bound To Account so you can use it on your Alts?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Maybe they could add a option in the gears tooltip saying rebind and when you click that you get a small window where you can type in the handle of the player that you want to rebind it to then it becomes tradeable only to them and then you can trade them for whatever price you want? never going to happen sadly but no reason not to dream ....

lol

/char
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    if you could unbind there would be no reason to bind them in the first place. the idea behind binding is that you decide if you want to use or sell it. if you use it and later sell it nonetheless for a very high price this makes the whole system obsolete.
  • Options
    pridesenvypridesenvy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to ask this question you must not know what the purpose of the binding system is correct? it is not there simply to make you to decide to either use it or sell it and it definitely is not there just to mess with you. It is there to prevent the auction house from being filled with millions of super rare pieces of gear that people have out leveled or gotten the T3 equivalent of. This system makes it so people who farm dungeons are rewarded with higher payouts as opposed to what would be maybe 10% of the current prices if people could simply "unbind" gear. also while your idea of binding to specific players does keep it off the broker it creates unimaginable amounts of spam in the trade channel. example "rebinding _____ for 25k AD" and yes 25k AD is pretty cheap for most T2 gear but it would become that cheap if the system was allowed. Those rebinding would have a dozen people at a time spinning that off and reposting theirs as soon as it rolled out of the chat window. This is why binding is permanent. Prices have gotten a little unreasonably high I will admit but letting gear become indefinitely sell able you create a system where it is too cheap to upgrade your gear and dungeon delvers suffer.
  • Options
    vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would prefer if you could choose between "binds to account" and "binds to guild" when you equip something. With "binds to guild" you can transfer it to other people of your guild but as soon as someone leaves the guild, the item is stripped from him/her and put into the guild bank.
  • Options
    alexsarrufalexsarruf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or you could equip your companions with it, but sadly, they dont have all slots like your char. I drop tons of blue itens every day, i could use this itens to equip my companios, and maybe they could become a bit more than they are right now.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alexsarruf wrote: »
    Or you could equip your companions with it, but sadly, they dont have all slots like your char. I drop tons of blue itens every day, i could use this itens to equip my companios, and maybe they could become a bit more than they are right now.

What if the third equipment slot in every companion was a wildcard that you could put ANY piece of equipment in?
    Disclaimer: This is of course, impossible. ;)

But to suggest something more possible, maybe an improvement to salvaging. For example, a chance to also get some stones or wards for use in refining/upgrading.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You might trying to help your friends through CN, so they can learn to earn that gear themselves.

Making BoP items to BoE, is the worse idea in history of MMOs.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's been said once, it's been said a thousand times.

Bind-to-Account.