test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter-Range Race Questions.

aenoanaenoan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
So I was reading all the forums but didn't feel like I really got what I wanted out of it. So I thought I would ask here.

Just two quick questions and then a kind of a statement? Lol.

1) What racial(s) are bugged with Half-Elf?
2) Is there a link to the soft/hard caps for skills? I checked Wiki but I didn't find anything, consensus has been in PvE ARPen is around 1700 soft? What about the rest?

Also between Drow, Wood and Half Elf races, which is the better Burst/DPS?
I used 13str 20dex 15wis for base line to compare both Drow and Wood Elf races and for Half-Elf I opted for balanced build.

Anyway the difference between Drow, Wood and Half Elf was interesting. (All level 1)

Drow 10% Crit Chance, 75% Crit Severity and 5% DC/DS 50% 211HP
Wood Elf 11% CC, 76% CS, 5% DC/DS 50% 211HP
Half Elf 12% CC, 76% CS, 3.5% DC/DS 50% 227HP

I'm not sure if Crit Severity actually ever changes because at level 44 and naked my HR had the same CS as a level 1. But I do have the 1% Recharge and 25 Regeneration, haha.

Anyway... it seems to me the better choice is in fact Half Elf? Keep in mind this is from at least one of the Half Elf racials (Knack) thats probably giving the 1%.

If Wood Elf and the Drow are still better choices for Burst DPS and Sustain DPS, would the Drow racial be better choice for DPS consideration even though its 5% chance to proc the 10% reduced damage? Near as I can tell it'll still stack with ARP even if you hit the cap? Trouble is that vs a flat 1% crit and the fact the duration of Darkfire is only 4 seconds, which unless you are using Rapid Fire, it too short for the heavier hitting skills like Aimed Shot, I am not entirely sure on cast time but it easily feels like a 2 maybe 2.5 sec cast time, so you are only able to get 1 good hit with Darkfire up (pve/pvp)?

Too long winded but I appreciate the time.
Post edited by aenoan on

Comments

• Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't forget to consider Halflings, if you ever plan to do melee for anything more than a finisher.

My HR is a Halfling and I'm absolutely loving the 3% deflect and 10% CC reduction.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I plan to be more Range heavy so my goals to never have to melee, but I know frm my first ranger, that sometimes at least while leveling its easier to just melee (pirate ship quests specifically everything jumps at me -.-, make its really hard to kite effectively) but I figure the way I set up my talents I should be comfortable enough with my skill points to melee.

Still confused on the stats I saw Vole's Guide, I am sitting here trying to figure out the stats to start (have no idea what this campfire talk is about lol) and figuring out what a nature build is? I haven't seen anything on forums about it.

I'm wondering for a DPS heavy build if 18dex 18wis is effective for Elf. Gives me extra 3% crit chance.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bumping and off to work!