test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what encounter will you be using

ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
Hr has a very interesting set of skills. And it looks like you could run a number of setups and builds.I tested hr out at 60 on preview for a while with mouz from lemons and we found some pretty cool things out. So, what will all of you be running?
U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
(all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ikeepit3hunna on

Comments

• Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just remembered that everyones still leveling and not 60 yet x.x
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My arrays for shooting based HRs are;

Initially;
    Marauder's Escape/Rain of Arrows/Hindering Shot

Tactics; switch to melee, marauder's in, rain, hindering, switch stance, marauder's out, split shot and hindering while things cool down is the basic strategy. With fast moving enemies (like Battletested Orcs) Fire Rain of Arrows just in front of where you are standing, shoot the whole mob with split shot and wait for them to all run into the Rain. Also open with Rain on things like the Hexers in Blacklake. Rain is also effective on mobs with big attacks that will hold them still (ogres and enforcers)

As Soon as you have 2 dots in Thorn Ward
    Marauder's Escape/Thorn Ward/Hindering Shot

Tactics; switch to melee, Marauder's in, hindering, switch stance, marauder's out, Thorn Ward and shoot stuff. With fast moving, slow moving or not moving much at all opponents you can start with Thorn Ward just like Rain of Arrows. Note: you cannot queue Thorn Ward you must stop and click it individually regardless of your mode.

As soon as you have 1 dot in Constricting Arrow (and a Man-At-Arms):
    Thorn Ward/Hindering Shot/Constricting Arrow

Tactics: Split Shot the mob, let the MAA run in and hold them still, Thorn Ward, Constrict the elite, hinder the elite, Split/Rapid until everything is dead.

Get points in Aimed Shot - it has good situational uses.

As soon as you have 1 dot in Commanding Shot;
    Thorn Ward/Constricting Shot/Commanding Shot

Always hit Stag Heart before the fight starts.

As soon as you have 1 dot in Fox's Cunning

Constricting Shot/Commanding Shot/Fox's Cunning.

Split the Sky and Thorn Ward get rotated in to replace Commanding and Constricting as needed for the encounters being faced, but by level 60, the encounter powers should be there to support your at-will use.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    steamcogsteamcog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm still leveling, but I tend to use "split the sky/throw caution" when in dungeons or fighting instance bosses, "hawk shot/eye" on most fights. I may switch hawk to oak or fox as I gain levels. I also use constricting shot and boar strike as my other two. That way, I have two attacks and a buff on both stances, and to always face the highest number of toughest bad guys with an ongoing area attack available.
  • Options
    kalspirokalspiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm a big fan of Thorn Ward as they're getting close, then rain of arrows when they stop. It's just a lot of damage, with Marauders if I run out of stamina while I'm evading attacks around them keeping them inside my rain of arrows.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At Will

Rapid shot (solo) / Aimed Shot (group)
    Split Shot

Encounters

Thorn ward
    Split the Sky
    Constricting Arror

Daily

Seismic Shot
    Disruptive Shot

Class Features

Aspect of the Falcon
    Twin Blade Storm

Archery build
    Rotation is something like
    aoe
    Thorn Ward>Split the sky>tab>Throw Caution>tab>split shot>split shot>split shot

single target
    throw caution>aimed shot over and over (this isn't common since boss fights are waves of adds)
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to say i'm having trouble with Rain of arrows.

it's range is small enough to make it "one target" sized, its Tick is slow, and the setup takes so long to pull off that your target can literally just walk away from it.

Currently, it's basically useless unless you can root your target, or you are fighting something immobile, like a giant or a dragon, or are actually in melee (but that begs the question why you are in bow stance in the first place)
    A CW with the force-choke encounter makes it useful in a party through.
    Now, I know HR has the Grasping Roots effect, which looks like it might be perfect for this later on, but at my level, the only "grasping roots" effect i have is "hindering shot" which grants "weak grasping roots" which seems to be a slow, instead of an actual root.

TLDR? if it was flat damage instead of DoT (just like the clerics pillar) tracked the person it was cast on (like any other single target DoT) or was bigger (about the size of a Divine Pillar?) then it would be great, but at the moment, it's something you cast on dragons, something that somebody else stunned, or at the guy smacking you in melee. which is obviously a problem for a Ranged Encounter

I'd also like to nominate Hindering show as a sub-par encounter, it's damage seems to be lower than my at-will's, it only seems to actually slow them half of the time (doing absolutely nothing the other half) and breaks after about two seconds (which would be perfect timing for a real root effect, but on a slow, it doesn't even buy you enough time to make it worth using)

Combining this with your very first encounter power being "run away" (useful in ranged, and fun to use, but not exactly topping DPS charts) and you end up with no encounters that are actually capable of dealing damage before you hit about level 15 or so.

Good thing Split-shot is so outrageously powerful, considering it's your only way of dealing damage till you get Thorn ward (then you fire thorn ward, switch to melee and Rush in)